Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2017, 09:32 PM

10,341 posts, read 5,867,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
But how can you really put the effort in when he might fail because he always fail so why put the effort in?

Round and round and round in a comfortable, perpetual circle jerk.
Their version of "the carousel", or the human centipede.

Old 06-23-2017, 09:35 PM

35 posts, read 20,134 times
We were having an okay conversation and I bring up that I'm a mgtow and everyone gets senile, why? You don't have to be a mgtow to realise you won't be successful in relationships.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:02 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh come on, no it isn't. Poets, playrights, etc have been writing about love and romance as far back as we can record, far before Romeo and Juliet which was 450 years ago. 50-60 years my azz.
The vast majority of people did not marry for those reasons though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Um ... 50-60 years ago was 1957 - 1967.

Just think before you type, son.
Um....people did get married out of duty (more so than love) up until that time (pre-sexual revolution).

Know your history, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNTroy View Post
If you want to change from being single to married, my first suggestion is to lose the notion that men have to work hard for it while women just have to exist. It takes effort on both genders to make it happen.
When I was successfully dating, I did so because I went out and made it happen. I don't see how not being proactive and putting in work will lead to marriage.

And I'm not really sure what you mean. Women don't need to do any work. That's a fact....unless you count putting on makeup and rejecting guys for minor reasons as work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Well, there ya go... this is one example / scenario of why and how things become messed up, due to the mindsets of the parties involved and there is a lot of this to go around. Then we wonder why there are many with problems, all stemming from early life experiences that one is thrown into, by adults who should have examined their own lives and motives, first.
As long as two people get along and makes things work, everything will be fine. You do realize that people almost never married for love until a couple of generations ago, right?

And, yet, humanity has perpetuated for this long. So.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Uh, it sounds like you just want to get something from a vending machine... too bad you cannot get what you want from a mannequin, since it seems that is what you want. And what about setting the tone for family life and being a positive role model for children?
I plan to be the patriarch of my family. That is being a positive role model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
He's probably thinking of marrying for love. Of course love has been around for millennia, but not everyone was fortunate to marry their love(s). People of his ilk see the "institution" of marriage, in the Western sense, as nothing more than fulfilling a duty or obligation. It serves a singular purpose: having and raising children under specific principles. Love just isn't a factor here, or it is simply re-interpreted as duty and principles.

I'll pass.
Marrying for love and passion is very modern and female-driven. I would definitely not call this being "lucky".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
DistinguishedGentleman is not very distinguished. You should see the look of shock on my face.
If by "not very distinguished", you mean "not a feminist", then I'll take that as a compliment.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:09 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDistinguishedGentleman View Post

Um....people did get married out of duty (more so than love) up until that time (pre-sexual revolution).
"Some" people did, in a few cultures.

But "people" in general did not do that in the years you cited. You're just wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Old 06-23-2017, 10:12 PM

When I did try with relationships I gave it all I had but I always crashed, if life really gives you lessons than im failing the class. I didn't like how my heart was ripped out for believing in me.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:48 PM

424 posts, read 236,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
"Some" people did, in a few cultures.

But "people" in general did not do that in the years you cited. You're just wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm not wrong. You are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatality View Post
When I did try with relationships I gave it all I had but I always crashed, if life really gives you lessons than im failing the class. I didn't like how my heart was ripped out for believing in me.
Many women can be very cruel. Don't let their actions get to you. Don't take it personally. I really mean that. My dating life turned around when I stopped expecting them to act right.

Old 06-23-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
I'm not wrong. You are.

Many women can be very cruel. Don't let their actions get to you. Don't take it personally. I really mean that. My dating life turned around when I stopped expecting them to act right.
My failure in relationships wasn't women's fault, it was mines for trying to be something I'm not and I realize that now.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatality View Post
My failure in relationships wasn't women's fault, it was mines for trying to be something I'm not and I realize that now.
You're honest and able to learn. There's hope for you!

Old 06-23-2017, 11:14 PM

Quote:

If by "not very distinguished", you mean "not a feminist", then I'll take that as a compliment.
No, I believe she meant not distinguished, not much of a gentleman either. If by not being a feminist you mean you don't believe women are equal, that's not something you would have to announce. It's​ coming through loud and clear, even to us girls.
Good luck with your dating life.
Maybe hang out at an institution and see if you can "woo" one.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RbccL View Post
You're honest and able to learn. There's hope for you!
When I said being something I'm not, I meant relationship material.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships