Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2013, 08:37 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
Wrong, we're not talking about courtesy and kindness, everyone should be afforded that, though that's not how it plays out in practice. We're talking about chivalry, which is the special treatment of women under social convention. Equality is equality, even when it sucks. I'm giving women the equality they claim to desire.
So they only got special treatment when they were "helpless" and forced to bow down under your will.

That is effin' creepy as hell.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:06 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Wow, bitter much?
Wow, project much?

Listen, kid, that you can't distinguish between manners and the law is not my problem. Neither is the fact that apparently no one bothered to teach you any of this. As for women's clothing, I'm sure you'd be among the first to complain about women "not being feminine anymore" if they never dressed up.

So are you going to answer my questions? Do you walk in first and let the door slam in her face? Drop her off three blocks away and let her walk home at 2:00 a.m. alone? Stand there and watch her juggle her purse and coat and rumple a silk dress?

Quote:
I treated the sociopath like gold, spent my entire life savings to buy a house for us after her credit was destroyed due to her divorce, accepted her children as my own. Not to say that I didn't make some very big mistakes, because I did. I really, truly loved her...something I'll never allow myself to do again.
So because you made a bad choice and were foolish and codependent enough to sacrifice your own well-being and peace of mind for a lunatic, all women must pay the price for it?

Your posts are very telling. You have an axe to grind. You are angry at yourself, and you are taking it out on women.

You need a psychiatrist.

BTW, which screen name is this? Thirtieth? Fortieth?

Last edited by Lilac110; 11-17-2013 at 10:19 AM..

Old 11-17-2013, 10:28 AM

102,213 posts, read 107,931,771 times
Quote:
I treated the sociopath like gold, spent my entire life savings to buy a house for us after her credit was destroyed due to her divorce, accepted her children as my own. Not to say that I didn't make some very big mistakes, because I did. I really, truly loved her...something I'll never allow myself to do again.
AHA! The truth is finally out! YOU"re the bitter one, and you're using this thread as a platform for your rants. No wonder there have been so many off-topic posts on your part.

Mystery solved. Thanks for clearing it up.

Old 11-17-2013, 10:44 AM

5,472 posts, read 7,606,441 times
18 pages and no one got even close. Here is a page from ascensions higher school of flying. Sit back and enjoy.

When you base your decisions on emotional intelligence, bypassing logic and reason, it allows you to answer the same question in any way you choose, and ultimately in whatever way is most beneficial to you at the moment. Let me give you an example: When you ask a woman about gender equality, at the time when she is applying for a well paying gig, when it comes to voting, when it comes to making important choices, when it comes to leading a family etc etc...the answer is always "Yes, men and women are equal, thus Im entitled to all of the above (meaning to anything that benefits me).

Next day, you can ask the same woman about taking on a job where you endanger your life, who pays for the first date, who should display chivalry and who doesnt have to, or who does the car maintenance and the answer is: No, Im a woman and youre a man. Implying that we arent really that equal at all"

Thing is, this applies to absolutely any important question you can think of, and not only chivalry or dating. That is how women operate, that is how they benefit from ability to circumvent any logic and reason, and simply focus on what is beneficial to her at any given moment. To be honest, it is by far much better way to be, because it benefits you to no end. It helps you justify and rationalize anything you choose, and it helps you reaping the benefits and never putting yourself in a bad position.

For most men, it is impossible, because we rely on logic and reason, rather then emotional intelligence. There are consequences of each approach. A person who bases their decisions and answers on only emotions and what benefits them best at any given moment, displays zero consistency of character and consistency of character is base for honor and sometimes soul. What do 5 main religions have to say about this, Id rather not go there, but you can. Cheers!

Old 11-17-2013, 10:55 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
What lacks rationality are people who cannot differentiate between laws and social conventions.

Listen guys, no one is making you do anything. Don't wanna do it? Don't. Don't whine, complain, or try to convince others to be like you. Just do what you want.

When I was dating I never cared one iota what "most men" want. Not my concern as I had no intention of dating most of the men. I just dated like minded individuals. If the majority of men were different, I was fine with that.

Never, EVER crossed my mind to go whine that men should be more how I wanted them to be. I guess I was never under the mistaken impression that world revolved around me.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 11-17-2013, 10:59 AM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post

Next day, you can ask the same woman about taking on a job where you endanger your life, who pays for the first date, who should display chivalry and who doesnt have to, or who does the car maintenance and the answer is: No, Im a woman and youre a man. Implying that we arent really that equal at all"
My husband has never had a job that endangered his life. I willingly chose to endanger my life when we chose to have our child. I put my husband through college to the toll of tens of thousand of dollars. We have men here who pick-up happy meals for their dates and complain about it. I don't think any of you could save your lives if quizzed on hand or electrical tools. And no, we are not equal. People are not equal. This thread has clearly shown that. As has been stated we are afforded equal opportunity and that opportunity should not be based on gender, race, or religion.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
18 pages and no one got even close. Here is a page from ascensions higher school of flying. Sit back and enjoy.

When you base your decisions on emotional intelligence, bypassing logic and reason, it allows you to answer the same question in any way you choose, and ultimately in whatever way is most beneficial to you at the moment. Let me give you an example: When you ask a woman about gender equality, at the time when she is applying for a well paying gig, when it comes to voting, when it comes to making important choices, when it comes to leading a family etc etc...the answer is always "Yes, men and women are equal, thus Im entitled to all of the above (meaning to anything that benefits me).

Thing is, this applies to absolutely any important question you can think of, and not only chivalry or dating. That is how women operate, that is how they benefit from ability to circumvent any logic and reason, and simply focus on what is beneficial to her at any given moment. To be honest, it is by far much better way to be, because it benefits you to no end. It helps you justify and rationalize anything you choose, and it helps you reaping the benefits and never putting yourself in a bad position.

For most men, it is impossible, because we rely on logic and reason, rather then emotional intelligence. There are consequences of each approach. A person who bases their decisions and answers on only emotions and what benefits them best at any given moment, displays zero consistency of character and consistency of character is base for honor and sometimes soul. What do 5 main religions have to say about this, Id rather not go there, but you can. Cheers!
You are confusing things, once again.

Having the right to vote is not about being equal to MEN. It's about being an equal citizen under the law. EVERYONE above the age of 18 should be able to vote. We should ALL be entitled to that right. Women are not ENTITLED to any job they want. They are ENTITLED to apply for any job they want - just like all other HUMAN BEINGS.

How PEOPLE want to be treated socially and romantically are not the same as being treated as equal HUMAN BEINGS under the law. I am a human being - I am not a MAN. I don't want to be treated like a MAN. I want to be treated like a WOMAN. You are confusing different issues. Even if I were to work in a predominantly male field (which I don't) - I would still be a woman. I wouldn't start using the men's restroom and I wouldn't grow a penis. And if I wasn't qualified for the job - I wouldn't feel entitled to it. But I'm glad that I am allowed to be considered for things just like any other human being.

In a romantic relationship - I most certainly do not want to be treated like a man. Guess what? I'm NOT a man. If you want a man - then you can date men. I've never expected men to pay for every date - but I was always very appreciative when they did. I'm a stay at home mom. I didn't demand to be a stay at home mom - it just works for us. And my husband always hoped that I would have the choice to be a stay at home mom when the time came for us to have children. We're very lucky that things have worked out this way and we are both very happy. I'm very lucky that I married a wonderful man who loves me and respects me as a human being and a woman. He doesn't tell me things like, "Well, you wanted to be able to vote so you are not entitled to any special treatment simply because you are a woman." He treats me special because he loves me - and I do the same for him. And guess what - he can vote and earn wages - and yet, I still love to spoil him! Fancy that!

Old 11-17-2013, 11:12 AM

77 posts, read 105,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
You are confusing things, once again.

Having the right to vote is not about being equal to MEN. It's about being an equal citizen under the law. EVERYONE above the age of 18 should be able to vote. We should ALL be entitled to that right. Women are not ENTITLED to any job they want. They are ENTITLED to apply for any job they want - just like all other HUMAN BEINGS.

How PEOPLE want to be treated socially and romantically are not the same as being treated as equal HUMAN BEINGS under the law. I am a human being - I am not a MAN. I don't want to be treated like a MAN. I want to be treated like a WOMAN. You are confusing different issues. Even if I were to work in a predominantly male field (which I don't) - I would still be a woman. I wouldn't start using the men's restroom and I wouldn't grow a penis. And if I wasn't qualified for the job - I wouldn't feel entitled to it. But I'm glad that I am allowed to be considered for things just like any other human being.

In a romantic relationship - I most certainly do not want to be treated like a man. Guess what? I'm NOT a man. If you want a man - then you can date men. I've never expected men to pay for every date - but I was always very appreciative when they did. I'm a stay at home mom. I didn't demand to be a stay at home mom - it just works for us. And my husband always hoped that I would have the choice to be a stay at home mom when the time came for us to have children. We're very lucky that things have worked out this way and we are both very happy. I'm very lucky that I married a wonderful man who loves me and respects me as a human being and a woman. He doesn't tell me things like, "Well, you wanted to be able to vote so you are not entitled to any special treatment simply because you are a woman." He treats me special because he loves me - and I do the same for him. And guess what - he can vote and earn wages - and yet, I still love to spoil him! Fancy that!
Exactly, you want the best of both worlds. You want the advantages of being equal under the law, and the advantages of being put on a pedestal socially.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:15 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Exactly, you want the best of both worlds. You want the advantages of being equal under the law, and the advantages of being put on a pedestal socially.
I am totally confused on how treating someone with kindness is equated with equal opportunity laws. The leap in logic here is really ridiculous.

On an autocorrecting iDevice.

Old 11-17-2013, 11:16 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Do you know that the Office of Violence Against Women also covers men?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships