Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 01:01 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,406,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
Well then, thats when you skip the STEM degree guys & try to hook at least a professor. I used to take a class where I sat front row, with my legs open, no undewear. You know how well that ended!
Fail yet again - professors are paid peanuts and so are the young STEM guys. If you are going to troll at a college for the "well to do," at least know where the money trail leads. It's more likely to a legacy student (major could be "medieval puppetry") with their family name on a building plaque and a dad on the board, than to some STEM professor on a measly research grant.

Good lord, no wonder you are still so poor and forced to wear underwear with holes (or no underwear in class because you can't afford to wash the ones with holes). You have no game.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 01:23 PM

50 posts, read 143,707 times
Now with a kid that will be the future King, she doesn't have to worry anymore. She has a position secured for life.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:33 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,461,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Fail yet again - professors are paid peanuts and so are the young STEM guys. If you are going to troll at a college for the "well to do," at least know where the money trail leads. It's more likely to a legacy student (major could be "medieval puppetry") with their family name on a building plaque and a dad on the board, than to some STEM professor on a measly research grant.

Good lord, no wonder you are still so poor and forced to wear underwear with holes (or no underwear in class because you can't afford to wash the ones with holes). You have no game.
So true! I thought the lines usually formed behind the law and med students.

Old 12-04-2013, 01:55 PM

2,152 posts, read 3,406,693 times
kate Middleton would be no one if she didnt marry into Royalty. I could careless about the Royal Family. Most people aren't emotionally mature enough at that age to know what to look for in a lifetime mate.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:05 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,803,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
What Katherine did is an unwritten rule in most European countries. That is, its expected that when a woman goes to college she comes home with a degree AS WELL AS a potential well to do HUSBAND. Basically you go to college for both. Why have Americans not figured this out yet?

have you ever been to america?

Old 12-04-2013, 02:10 PM

102,308 posts, read 108,461,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
have you ever been to america?
Americans have been there, done that, and moved on. Europe is starting to catch up; average age of marriage in Sweden is 29. There's so much opportunity for women there, they don't need a meal ticket right out of college. Having a strong, stable economy helps. Let's hope the rest of the world catches up sooner, rather than later.

Old 12-04-2013, 02:32 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,803,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Americans have been there, done that, and moved on. Europe is starting to catch up; average age of marriage in Sweden is 29. There's so much opportunity for women there, they don't need a meal ticket right out of college. Having a strong, stable economy helps. Let's hope the rest of the world catches up sooner, rather than later.
wat

Old 12-04-2013, 02:33 PM

5,347 posts, read 7,218,860 times
Oh and let's be real she got lucky.

Not every woman can pull a handsome prince

Old 12-04-2013, 02:36 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,434,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Oh and let's be real she got lucky.

Not every woman can pull a handsome prince
It's not exactly a practical life plan, is it?

Old 12-04-2013, 02:53 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,965,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I did attend college with several women there to meet husbands. Some did, some didn't. I wasn't there to meet a husband and at that point had no interest in that. I never really met guys at college I dated since I mostly dated men who never attended college. I wouldn't have met my boyfriend in college since he is 9 years older and never attended college.

I don't know Middleton but I really don't think she attended college to meet a husband.
@ bolded! Yes some people still do it & for good reason. At college you meet thousands of people or at encounter thousands. I know people who missed the opportunity to pull a husband then and are still single in their 40s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships