Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 11:33 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,916,687 times

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I added a new pic to a few of my online profiles. It was something I thought was pretty fun. I am laughing with a friend. Who knows what were were laughing at, but someone grabbed a pic mid-laugh. The only thing of note about this pic is that I have some cleavage in my v-neck dress. I didn’t really notice until later, and it looks like more due to the angle of the shot. I have other pics in the same dress, and they do not look so cleavage-y.

The funny thing is, after I put up this pic, the messages I got started changing pretty drastically. Typically I got messages like “hi, your profile is interesting.” Now I stared getting blatant messages with direct requests for hookups, offers of massages or comments on my shape (and occasionally cleavage). I didn’t make any changes to my profile, but apparently I am perceived much differently now. It is so crazy!

Fess up, have you noticed a difference in response based on your pic choices?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 11:40 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,377,948 times
Hmm. Not really. I've never posted suggestive or even slightly revealing photos on my profiles. I mean, certain photos have often attracted more attention, photos where I expose more of my body art, but other than that, I rarely received eye roll-inducing messages.

Here and there I'd get comments on my lips, but more often than not they're tasteful compliments.

Old 12-05-2013, 11:55 AM

2,758 posts, read 4,963,339 times
Now that I'm getting older, my cleavage doesnt have the same pop. 10 years ago my pecs were much bigger and more defined. Problem is, even back then, with chest hair my cleavage wasnt as impressive as it could have been.
Oddly, even though I've gained a lil weight since then, it still isnt in the right places.

Now-a-days, if I posted a pic of me in a tank top, it would look borderline trashy/creepy.
And then, even yet still, I never did get that one great body shot of myself back then, so I couldnt even fake it and put up an old photo if I wanted.
In my world, selfies weren't common, so the whole concept was over my head.

Is it just me, or are selfies a newer concept ? I don't remember people taking selfies 15 years ago. But who knows

Old 12-05-2013, 12:09 PM

102,235 posts, read 108,093,971 times
Selfies have been around a long time, but it's only now with all the online networking that they've become a phenom. Selfie groups pix with friends used to be just for someone's personal photo collection.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:09 PM

809 posts, read 1,274,669 times
Why don't you post it here and let's take a look at the cleavage.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchamp Dude View Post
Why don't you post it here and let's take a look at the cleavage.
Because her cleavage isn't the topic. She bolded the thread topic in her OP.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:21 PM

1,322 posts, read 3,477,638 times
I think this is a great example of the limitations of online dating. You can be mislead so easily, either intentionally or unintentionally. Meeting someone by means of the internet is only the first step - there is no substitute for a face to face meeting. How people speak, tone, body language are so very important in what we find attractive in a person that falling in love strictly on line seems impossible.

I once chatted with a person for a serious length of time and really thought I was attracted to him from our conversations. That all changed when we spoke on the phone...his voice and inflection really changed my perception of him.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM

20,770 posts, read 20,004,647 times
Okay, so what is surprising about getting more responses when your boobs hang out?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:32 PM

OP, I'm opting for the possibility that it was the combo of your laughing, plus the slight cleavage. Maybe to some guys it looked like you were a Good-Time Girl. If your other photos show a more sedate smile and you're more covered up, the difference in response could have been due to the overall contrast between the new pic and the others.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:36 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,904,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
OP, I'm opting for the possibility that it was the combo of your laughing, plus the slight cleavage. Maybe to some guys it looked like you were a Good-Time Girl. If your other photos show a more sedate smile and you're more covered up, the difference in response could have been due to the overall contrast between the new pic and the others.
I agree. A man might notice your joie-de-vivre OR your cleavage OR some other visual clue that you are a good catch, but we all know it won't happen if you arent compatible.

I say, Use what you've got to hook 'em, be yourself to reel 'em in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships