Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 11:11 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times

Advertisements

About two weeks after my wife walked out, against my better judgement, but in a moment of feeling extremely alone, I signed up for a dating site. As I was writing out my profile I came to my senses and I explained my situation having been recently separated. I express clearly, I shouldn't be on a dating site right now as I feel I am damaged goods at the moment. But I do like to read the profiles, hunt for clues, and look at what is out there in my age bracket, when I'm feeling lonely. I'm not going to take my profile down, but I'm not going to upgrade right now either so don't write me. The soonest I plan to upgrade is Feb and that's just something to hope for, it may be longer. I swear I get two messages a day!

When I was single I would tell a girl, if you sleep with me too soon, I will leave right after we have sex? Most of my relationships lasted about 2 to 3 weeks.

Why does happen? I am an honest guy but sometimes it feels like I am the smoothest talker in the world based on the responses.

Are these women thinking that they can change my mind because I just haven't met THEM yet? I am perplexed. Any feed back is appreciated, guys too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 12:11 AM

2,728 posts, read 2,700,283 times
They like sex.

Old 12-07-2013, 12:13 AM

3,770 posts, read 6,744,556 times
Maybe they want sex and are happy you will leave right after.

Old 12-07-2013, 03:24 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,727,236 times
The answer as SouL___ and Felix have already said is that they don't want any obligations attached to have sex, which seems to be fine with you. Or maybe they like your self-destructive approach? Or perhaps they are among the world's physically unattractive people?

Remember, no matter how liberated or sexual a woman is, she occupies the driver seat until you both deal with the equality and power issues in a longer term relationship.

And then there is the lovely French film about a woman who advertises for a sex-only "relationship"; the two of them fall deeply in love; but in the end are never able to express this...and part.

Old 12-07-2013, 06:39 AM

3,549 posts, read 5,377,654 times
If it's a dating site you pay for the messages could be fake in an attempt to get you to sign up to read them.

Or maybe they just say "sorry about your situation with your wife"

Can you actually read the messages or is it asking you to pay to read them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-07-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstan-dan View Post
If it's a dating site you pay for the messages could be fake in an attempt to get you to sign up to read them.

Or maybe they just say "sorry about your situation with your wife"

Can you actually read the messages or is it asking you to pay to read them?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
I also considered them as "bait" from the site it's self, and no I have to pay to play, can't read messages, or who liked a photo. I even have one chick who keeps trying to chat w/ me. (I think she lives on that site) HAHAHA

Old 12-07-2013, 07:38 AM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
They are either looking for an easy lay and don't want some dude following them around afterwards.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:50 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
They could be fake. Good chance they are. A lot dating sites use fake profiles to get you to sign up.

It could also be that you are disqualifying yourself as a potential suitor, which in gamespeak, makes you unattainable and immediately more attractive.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:51 AM

1,102 posts, read 1,351,080 times
Try a free dating site like POF. You don't have to pay to contact anyone and as far as I know, they don't use fake profiles. Watch out for women pushing their web cams though.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
They are either looking for an easy lay and don't want some dude following them around afterwards.

How can they be so sure? If the rolls were reversed I would be assuming that this profile has a good chance to become very clingy after sex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships