Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 09:56 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,739,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
What difference does that make? I can't just pick up and move. I have a job.
It makes a difference when someone with all the issues you are dealing with has the support of a family.

Now, do you or don't you have any family nearby?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2013, 11:09 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It makes a difference when someone with all the issues you are dealing with has the support of a family.

Now, do you or don't you have any family nearby?
No, I don't. But I can't just pick up and move. I have a job.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 PM

2,599 posts, read 2,323,229 times
Quote:
I only went to the post office for 15 minutes and I saw at least 7 women that were attractive to me. They all rejected me as being sub-standard (I could tell by their mannerisms), even though a couple of them were overweight and all of them were "plain looking". I did not stare at any of them, I only glanced. But I knew that all of them thought I was unattractive, and they all communicated to me clearly non-verbally "you are ugly and don't you dare even look at me".

C'mon, man. A few were taken, the rest were running their errands. One or two of them would entertain the idea of a date with you.

Old 12-14-2013, 11:18 PM

368 posts, read 577,596 times
You didn't even talk to any of them and you came to this conclusion? Lol and guys wonder why they're single.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:00 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,733,087 times
Quote:
No, I don't. But I can't just pick up and move. I have a job.
Shame there is no mechanism for staying close to family and friends from a distance.

Old 12-15-2013, 12:13 AM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
You'll never be able to understand what this is like.

I only went to the post office for 15 minutes and I saw at least 7 women that were attractive to me. They all rejected me as being sub-standard (I could tell by their mannerisms), even though a couple of them were overweight and all of them were "plain looking". I did not stare at any of them, I only glanced. But I knew that all of them thought I was unattractive, and they all communicated to me clearly non-verbally "you are ugly and don't you dare even look at me".

You'll never be able to understand what this is like.
Why do you think you are so unique? That's a defeatist attitude. If you really believed this you would not be posting your situation here on a public message board.

Seven women are not "all" women. And unless you are a mind reader, I think you are projecting your own thoughts on theirs. You say they communicated to you non-verbally but unless you are a mind reader that is impossible. Maybe the reason you are not having luck with women is because you are so self absorbed you don't stop to think of them and their situation.

How do you know these ladies didn't have boyfriends or husbands? Maybe one or two of them were gay. All you could think of was you, you, you. You are making excuses. That's easier than making friends or relationships. It's easier too.

Negativity is something that will project to women and men as well in the social world whether you are trying to make friends or seek a romance. You have to think outside your self and become less self absorbed if you want to attract people to you. Start thinking of others.

Finally I have to say a word about your screen name. Davros? Really? Could you have chosen something less villainous? I think that speaks something about you too. Really, I urge you to seek counseling. I am trying to be kind. I think you could use some professional advice in social interaction.

Old 12-15-2013, 03:04 AM

808 posts, read 1,878,694 times
Quote:
Not Quasimodo. Somewhere in between.
If you're that unattractive then why are you even thinking about good looking women? Forget about them, they'll never want you unless you're rich. Learn to love women who are in your league.

Old 12-15-2013, 04:36 AM

3,603 posts, read 5,939,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zentropa View Post
Shame there is no mechanism for staying close to family and friends from a distance.
Talking to family on the phone is an annoyance.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:51 AM

1,719 posts, read 2,740,574 times
You're going to have to stop trying to figure out how to pick-up women, until you regress, educate yourself, and re-invent your approach and personal confidence. It is as clear as day, that you are "over analyzing" each and every public encounter with women who may possibly be unattached. Have you ever started a new job, where you were getting the cold shoulder from several employees, until they finally warmed up to you, and you finally discovered how nice some of them can actually be. Have you ever been stopped at a red light, next to some seemingly self-absorbed, attractive blonde in a top model BMW who happens to not only allow you to merge into her lane at the last minute, but also happens to leave enough space as to not tailgate between both vehicles. The fact is people, especially women can be wary of strangers at first glance. However, we are all human, and unless we are "career criminals" we tend to warm up quickly to people who we are comfortable around.

Based on your original post, it sounds like you come off as a little "weird" or "strange" when in public, even if you do not realize the subtle signals you may be sending out. "Weird" and "strange" are not quite as inviting as "fun and confident" when engaging with strangers, particularly of the opposite sex. I would highly recommend browsing the internet, including C-D forum, and picking up some quality literature on how to build confidence at both the individual level and when approaching women. Until you can pin-point the quirk(s) that are causing you to struggle with women, and work to minimize those quirk(s), there is no point in you even beginning to approach women, or to play the so called "numbers game," which is by the way the worst advice ever. Personally, I would take any advice with a grain of salt from any dude who declares the "numbers game" as an option to meet and date women. The "numbers game" is a sure way to damage your esteem and confidence even more.

Old 12-15-2013, 05:56 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:

Perhaps I am exaggerating for attention and pity.
No wonder they rejected you.

[]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships