Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 07:52 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times

Advertisements

Honestly I am angry at the OP's wife why she is doing this to herself. I guess well scratch that, she DEFINITELY married, no genuinely loved a wrong man. It is just so tragic. I hope the OP's wife wakes up from her own mistake. If she really is beautiful and intelligent, what a waste on who she is spending it to. Tragic waste I honestly just wanna shake and slap her to frigging wake up woman! Gosh. That's all. Really feel sorry for her very sorry. You never deserved her, OP.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:53 PM

92 posts, read 93,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
God, being called a sociopath because I decided to separate? I decided to be honest with myself that I was never a good husband and stop living in a lie...and I'm a sociopath? I thought I was doing her a favour.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:56 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlonzoHelmt View Post
They all speak to me, they all visit me, I visit them and I forced myself to always greet them with a hug now (you never know what can I happen). My grandchildren are all over me when I'm around. I would say we all get along very well.

Why would they disrespect me for finally taking action and putting an end to a sham marriage?
Do your sons not know you cheated on and stole from their mother, or did you teach them that's just how men treat women?

Old 01-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Do your sons not know you cheated on and stole from their mother, or did you teach them that's just how men treat women?
I didn't steal anyone, I protected myself. If she wanted to divorce tomorrow, I would give her half but I had to take precautionary actions after so many divorce horror stories.

Of course they know I've been with other women, I told them myself. They always knew our marriage wasn't right, children are the best observers.

I didn't teach them anything, their personal lives are theirs, I don't interfere with them.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
Honestly I am angry at the OP's wife why she is doing this to herself. I guess well scratch that, she DEFINITELY married, no genuinely loved a wrong man. It is just so tragic. I hope the OP's wife wakes up from her own mistake. If she really is beautiful and intelligent, what a waste on who she is spending it to. Tragic waste I honestly just wanna shake and slap her to frigging wake up woman! Gosh. That's all. Really feel sorry for her very sorry. You never deserved her, OP.
I will try to make her wake up this week. We could solve this fairly well. We either divorce amicably or we stay separated but she stops acting like I'm her husband. She's still good looking for her age and very knowledgeable about many topics, I'm sure she could attract another man if she wanted to.

I know I didn't deserve her and have already apologised to her. It isn't worth much, I know.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:05 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
They all speak to me, they all visit me, I visit them and I forced myself to always greet them with a hug now (you never know what can I happen). My grandchildren are all over me when I'm around. I would say we all get along very well.

Why would they disrespect me for finally taking action and putting an end to a sham marriage?
It's always possible they are as cold and dispassionate as you, but if they are at all close to their mom they are more than likely just tolerating you with much pity at this point for her sake - and because they are better men than you.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It's always possible they are as cold and dispassionate as you, but if they are at all close to their mom they are more than likely just tolerating you with much pity at this point for her sake - and because they are better men than you.
They are better men than I am, I've no doubt on that. They are all very close to their mother (and I'm glad they are, they owe her much) but your doubts could only be answered by them. I think I know them well enough to know they are being sincere with me.

Cold? I'm trying to make things right for the first time since we married. I want to reason with her so she can move on with her life.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:16 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,701,121 times
Quote:
I didn't steal anyone, I protected myself. If she wanted to divorce tomorrow, I would give her half but I had to take precautionary actions after so many divorce horror stories.
Oh, you'd give her half of the money you stashed? It sounded like you said you deliberately hid it and assigned your brother to make sure she never got any. I must have misunderstood.

Quote:
Of course they know I've been with other women, I told them myself. They always knew our marriage wasn't right, children are the best observers.

I didn't teach them anything, their personal lives are theirs, I don't interfere with them.
Of course you taught them--by example. It sounds like you've started on the next generation too.

Old 01-04-2014, 08:16 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
They are better men than I am, I've no doubt on that. They are all very close to their mother (and I'm glad they are, they owe her much) but your doubts could only be answered by them. I think I know them well enough to know they are being sincere with me.

Cold? I'm trying to make things right for the first time since we married. I want to reason with her so she can move on with her life.
uh huh

Old 01-04-2014, 08:18 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,779,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Guys like our OP end up realizing far too late that they are dying alone with no one there to really care - it's very sad actually.
For him to die alone would be too easy. I am not one for revenge. However, this SOB would deserve to suffer. I have no use for anyone this self absorbed and selfish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships