Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 01:33 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,412,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Sorry, pal, I was just trying to make sense of your comment about 40-something women looking for their soul mate. I still am. You were posting to IDDY's comments (she's the former model), so I was just following up, trying to understand your point. I must say, you're really not helping clarify.

I don't know if it's raining men, but there are plenty out there. And they don't all think the same, imagine that! They're diverse! I know the fact that men and women have diverse interests and preferences has always been a hard concept for some here to get their mind around, but really, by now you'd think some people would finally be catching on. I guess not. Oh well.

Dear, my suggestion is to keep fishing with dynamite. I don't do the instructive puppet shows any longer.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Huh?
What?

Old 01-05-2014, 01:36 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,610,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
They think younger women are hot and easy to control.
I have no desire to control another human being. That sounds exhausting, quite frankly. The younger women I've dated have been just as independent and self-sufficient as I am, just like the same-age and older ones. If I wanted to be a father figure I'd have kids.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:37 PM

28,707 posts, read 18,875,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlguy39 View Post
^This. This is exactly it for me. 45 and dating a 35 year old woman who wants kids, and I haven't had any yet.
I don't see any issue with a 45-year-old man marrying a 35-year-old woman. As both get older, the age difference becomes less significant.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:47 PM

6,039 posts, read 6,069,640 times
I've always had a weird rule of thumb...9 years max. Here's why:

If you're 9+ years apart you have zero overlap in the high school/college years, years which for many (not all, of course) help form a lot of your personality for the future.

Not gospel, just something I've tended to believe.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:55 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,610,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
I've always had a weird rule of thumb...9 years max. Here's why:

If you're 9+ years apart you have zero overlap in the high school/college years, years which for many (not all, of course) help form a lot of your personality for the future.

Not gospel, just something I've tended to believe.
Interesting. Nine years is the largest age gap of any of my long-term relationships, so that makes sense to me.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I look younger than my age and many men I know look older. The ones who seem to want younger are the ones who look older than their age.
mkay, but older women who look younger is not an argument that men like older women in the aggregate.

Oh and since this is clearly the venue for self assessment and second hand information, most people blow it by a decade when my age comes up. At my reunion I was surrounded and asked questions like do I die my hair etc etc. My genes have kept my color and hairline, diet and exercise do the rest. Its called a dot on a graph since by definition just as many men look younger than average.

So guess what they are going to do? They are going to be able to get younger women.

...its hard to believe that I can actually be baited to argue that the correlation of youth and beauty in women are not sought after commodities. I can find this in 2500 year old books. Milton might even be put in jail in some jurisdictions. Paradise lost indeed.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:56 PM

2,096 posts, read 4,786,625 times
Well honestly if you're interested in having children, do you have much of a choice?

Old 01-05-2014, 01:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,910,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
mkay, but older women who look younger is not an argument that men like older women in the aggregate.

Oh and since this is clearly the venue for self assessment and second hand information, most people blow it by a decade when my age comes up. At my reunion I was surrounded and asked questions like do I die my hair etc etc. My genes have kept my color and hairline, diet and exercise do the rest. Its called a dot on a graph since by definition just as many men look younger than average.

So guess what they are going to do? They are going to be able to get younger women.

...its hard to believe that I can actually be baited to argue that the correlation of youth and beauty in women are not sought after commodities. I can find this in 2500 year old books. Milton might even be put in jail in some jurisdictions. Paradise lost indeed.
Your post makes no sense at all. Yes some men look younger but so do some women. In fact men always think I am younger too, and many think I am still in college.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:58 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,910,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
Well honestly if you're interested in having children, do you have much of a choice?
If a man was interested in having children he should have years ago. Besides there is no way to know he is fertile, a younger woman is or an older woman isn't by just looking at their age.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.