Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 03:33 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,387,184 times

Advertisements

Many men (and women) are attracted to youthful appearance, as well as youthful attitude.

It's easier than ever to look youthful by keeping fit and healthy, taking advantage of treatments/procedures, etc. if that is a priority. I just got back from a ski trip with men and women 40-50 who were fit and beautiful. Plenty of 20-30 y.o.'s were flirting with us, as we still can portray the image of youthfulness and sexiness. People are attracted to beauty, fitness, and youthfulness, even if it is self-marketed by someone older.

But a youthful attitude can be harder to come by IMO. So many (men and women) seem to become set in their ways when they hit a certain age - lose their sense of adventure, athleticism, risk-taking, exuberance, silliness, drive, passion, energy, open-mindedness, ability to be inspired, to dream, to keep seeing things as if for the first time.

There are people in their 20's who do not possess these traits, and people in their 50's who do. Personally, I prefer to be with people who possess these traits, regardless of age. These are the kind of people I try to surround myself with...

Old 01-05-2014, 03:37 PM

348 posts, read 498,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
My father was in his early 60's when having me-my siblings of five, and my many relatives fathers around the same age. None of us and my 36 cousins have any deformities. Sure there's risks involved, but there's risks involved at any age for both genders. So I find those studies.....bogus.

It's quite common that older men these days have children well into their 50-60's, with younger women of course.
I would NEVER date a man in his 50s.
No thank you!!

Old 01-05-2014, 03:37 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,605,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
This is definitely trending. The problem is it can be hard to talk the older ladies into the deal!
Very true! I've had way fewer older women than younger women show an interest in me. I get interest from women 2-3 years older sometimes, but not 5 years older very often and almost never 8-10 years older. By comparison, I regularly get interest from women 8-10 years younger and occasionally even 12-15 years younger.

The age range of women I date has as much to do with their preferences as mine, if not even more so. If I'm open to dating women of all ages, but more younger women than older women want to date me, I'm going to end up dating more younger women. I'm not going to feel guilty about it, either. I am, however, going to find it quite ironic when women on internet message boards tell me that women don't like to date older guys as I'm surrounded by evidence to the contrary.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:42 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soy sauce View Post
My father was in his early 60's when having me-my siblings of five, and my many relatives fathers around the same age. None of us and my 36 cousins have any deformities. Sure there's risks involved, but there's risks involved at any age for both genders. So I find those studies.....bogus.

It's quite common that older men these days have children well into their 50-60's, with younger women of course.
The studies aren't bogus. It's just as you say; there are risks involved for both genders having kids at an older age. All the women I know who had kids after 40 (two had kids after 50) had perfectly healthy kids, no trouble with the pregnancy. But this doesn't negate the fact that there are risks, and that other women aren't able to conceive into their 40's. Just because you have aging male relatives who had healthy kids doesn't mean every male over 60 can do so, or that every male that old can father kids at all.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:45 PM

48,556 posts, read 34,927,283 times
My father was 32 years older than my Mom, he was quite the stud muffin. My personal preference has always been my age or younger.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 01-05-2014, 03:47 PM

102,233 posts, read 108,076,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Besides youthful appearance, however, I'm also attracted to the wisdom and insight that often come with age. Because of this, I tend to either be attracted to women around my age (or slightly older) who look younger than they are, or younger women who have more life experience than average for their age.
I just have a logistical question for you, here. If the women look significantly younger than they are, but you prefer them to be around your age or a little older, how do you know how old they are when you first see them? How do you decide whether to approach them? Wouldn't you think they're too young for your preference, and pass them over? Or are you talking about OLD or personal introductions, where you know in advance that they're your age?

Old 01-05-2014, 03:47 PM

284 posts, read 341,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
An annoying thing I've noticed more often lately: men in their 40's, 50's, 60's prefer to date much younger women. Isn't it weird dating someone who could be your daughter? It just strikes me as kind of selfish.
I recently hopped on the bandwagon of online dating (new town, career girl, etc) and have been frustrated by the barrage of messages from 40+ and 50+ year old men to a woman in her mid 20s. These men are often around the same age as my father which I find extremely abhorrent and more than a little creepy. I will allow that some of the men look good for their respective ages (PC police please forgive me ) but goodness gracious, a woman >20 years your junior, and possibly the same age or younger than your own kids?! Give me a freaking break!

All you online daters please before contacting someone, look at their specifications for a respective mate. If I say I'm looking for someone between the ages of 26 and 36, please don't be surprised if all your messages go unanswered.

~Rant ended~

Thank you.

Old 01-05-2014, 03:56 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,797,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Also doesn't mean you deserve it either. After all some women get older and don't have kids so there is no guarantee anyone will have kids.
I think you really don't like men. Only God can decide if I "deserve it". I happen to think I'd make a great father, especially compared to a lot of fathers out there.

Old 01-05-2014, 04:05 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,605,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I just have a logistical question for you, here. If the women look significantly younger than they are, but you prefer them to be around your age or a little older, how do you know how old they are when you first see them?
Well, usually either we met online, in which case I knew from their profile, or we met through friends, in which case the friends told me. Even when I've met strangers at bars or whatever, age often comes up fairly early in the conversation if we're flirting. (Not always, but often.)

All of that is really neither here nor there, though. My point was actually that I don't care about a woman's age so much as appearance (in agreement with the poster to whom I was responding), so it doesn't matter how old she is. If I'm already physically attracted to her, it makes no difference if she ends up telling me she is 25 or 45. Hot is hot.

What I was saying (or trying to say, anyway), is that I'm attracted to the combination of youthful appearance and wisdom. That means if they're my age or older they tend to look younger than their age, and if they're younger they tend to have life experience and insight beyond their years.

Make sense?

Old 01-05-2014, 04:10 PM

17,550 posts, read 39,181,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearnorth View Post
Well, usually either we met online, in which case I knew from their profile, or we met through friends, in which case the friends told me. Even when I've met strangers at bars or whatever, age often comes up fairly early in the conversation if we're flirting. (Not always, but often.)

All of that is really neither here nor there, though. My point was actually that I don't care about a woman's age so much as appearance (in agreement with the poster to whom I was responding), so it doesn't matter how old she is. If I'm already physically attracted to her, it makes no difference if she ends up telling me she is 25 or 45. Hot is hot.

What I was saying (or trying to say, anyway), is that I'm attracted to the combination of youthful appearance and wisdom. That means if they're my age or older they tend to look younger than their age, and if they're younger they tend to have life experience and insight beyond their years.

Make sense?
Great post - and it makes perfect sense!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships