Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,876,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe007 View Post
Idk why this is even a topic. It's nothing new. And actually, where I'm at, men are doing the opposite- they're going for the older women. One friend of mine, good looking guy, late 40's- told me he's gone 20 years younger & would never, ever do that again. He said the maturity levels just were too far apart, and they had nothing in common. Now he goes for women his age & 10 years up

Point is, not all men are going younger......
This is definitely trending. The problem is it can be hard to talk the older ladies into the deal! They think younger dudes will be immature, or not into a serious relationship. And it's true, some dudes are just looking for a temp cougar set-up. But I've known too many women in their 20's who had baggage from their families they hadn't worked out. The older ones have taken care of that business (if it even was an issue), and are mellow. They're settled in their jobs, and comfortable with their lives. As long as they haven't been through too many bad break-ups. But IMO those are in the minority.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:10 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,914,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
I tend to take IDDY's posts as some sort of huge manbashing fest in which every man online is nothing but a divorced fat slob with a few illegitimate children in tow trying for supermodels.
Where did I say that? I don't bash men, I love them. However many of the men I found on dating sites were loser men who expected more than what they were. The men I know in person are nothing like these guys.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:41 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,423,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post

You do realize, though, that there are 40-something men out there on OLD, also looking for a good match, and they're looking within their age range? A number of them have posted here, in a panicky tone, asking whether there are single, child-free women available at their age. (There are, of course.) That's why your post didn't make sense.

So we have a thread complaining about older men too often looking for young women, and yet there are lots of men looking for women over 40? Its just raining men apparently.

Now given that by the age of 40, just purely by the numbers more men are dead, a side effect of non service industries, military, dangerous hobbies and relative foolhardiness. Then of course we must account for those men who fit the premise of the OP. Further aggravating the conditions we must also realize men single at 40 tends to be like a petrochemical sludge that has lost some of its volatile elements to the marriage market. That is to say men who wish to marry or bond have already done so. I must question the aggregate, relative abundance.

Then to overturn my statement, you take your anecdotal case of a formal model? You are apt to excel against your peers as a statistical outlier. With a pretty face you may never have had to isolate a main effect or perform inferential statistics. One thing I would not do is create a section bias of former models when doing a study that correlates age with reported pulchritude.

So go ahead with you message to former models who have maintained themselves that at 40 they may still not have to chose from among the dregs at the next racking.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:46 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
So we have a thread complaining about older men too often looking for young women, and yet there are lots of men looking for women over 40? Its just raining men apparently.

Now given that by the age of 40, just purely by the numbers more men are dead, a side effect of non service industries, military, dangerous hobbies and relative foolhardiness. Then of course we must account for those men who fit the premise of the OP. Further aggravating the conditions we must also realize men single at 40 tends to be like a petrochemical sludge that has lost some of its volatile elements to the marriage market. That is to say men who wish to marry or bond have already done so. I must question the aggregate, relative abundance.

Then to overturn my statement, you take your anecdotal case of a formal model? You are apt to excel against your peers as a statistical outlier. With a pretty face you may never have had to isolate a main effect or perform inferential statistics. One thing I would not do is create a section bias of former models when doing a study that correlates age with reported pulchritude.

So go ahead with you message to former models who have maintained themselves that at 40 they may still not have to chose from among the dregs at the next racking.
Sorry, I was just trying to make sense of your comment about 40-something women looking for their soul mate. I still am. You were posting to IDDY's comments (she's the former model), so I was just following up, trying to understand your point.

I don't know if it's raining men, but there are plenty out there. And they don't all think the same, imagine that! They're diverse! I know the fact that men and women have diverse interests and preferences has always been a hard concept for some here to get their mind around, but really, by now you'd think some people would finally be catching on. I guess not. Oh well.

Last edited by Ruth4Truth; 01-05-2014 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-05-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:

You do realize that women can still look good at 40 right? most 40 year old women I know do. I don't know where this idea that there are more guys dead at 40, that seems way out there.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Sorry, pal, I was just trying to make sense of your comment about 40-something women looking for their soul mate. I still am. You were posting to IDDY's comments (she's the former model), so I was just following up, trying to understand your point. I must say, you're really not helping clarify.

I don't know if it's raining men, but there are plenty out there. And they don't all think the same, imagine that! They're diverse! I know the fact that men and women have diverse interests and preferences has always been a hard concept for some here to get their mind around, but really, by now you'd think some people would finally be catching on. I guess not. Oh well.
Ruth I wish I could rep you but they say I need top rep others. I don't understand where this idea comes from where all older women look like hags while the men look great. I don't see that, in fact I see the opposite more often. All I can say is I am glad most men I have come across are nothing like the men on here.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:51 PM

5,353 posts, read 5,806,971 times
Quote:
You are apt to excel against your peers as a statistical outlier.
I consider myself a statistical outlier. A 40 something year old male who wants marriage and family, yet divorced with no family. I have a good job, am loyal, educated, in shape, no addictions, etc. I'm trapped by bad demographics where I live, as well as not being outgoing enough. Fortunately, for now I'm in a relationship with someone, but it's not easy dating in your 40's (for men or women), thats for sure.

Old 01-05-2014, 12:57 PM

102,293 posts, read 108,390,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Ruth I wish I could rep you but they say I need top rep others. I don't understand where this idea comes from where all older women look like hags while the men look great. I don't see that, in fact I see the opposite more often. All I can say is I am glad most men I have come across are nothing like the men on here.
Oh, is that the idea behind his post? Well, thanks for clearing that up. haha, wow! It's not the 1950's anymore, when pushing 50 meant women looked like grandma! Maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in, but ... why would so many 20-something guys be going after 40-year-old women if this antiquated view of what those women look like were true?

Oh well. Another C-D fail. Thanks, again, though, for your interpreter services.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Oh, is that the idea behind his post? Well, thanks for clearing that up. haha, wow! It's not the 1950's anymore, when pushing 50 meant women looked like grandma! Maybe it depends on what part of the country you live in, but ... why would so many 20-something guys be going after 40-year-old women if this antiquated view of what those women look like were true?

Oh well. Another C-D fail. Thanks, again, though, for your interpreter services.
Yeah don't you know all older women look like grandmas but men look great? The funny thing is both online and off I am approached by much younger men and the ones offline do it because I look like their age. But what do I know I'm just an old hag.

Old 01-05-2014, 01:04 PM

20,736 posts, read 19,423,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Where did I say that? I don't bash men, I love them. However many of the men I found on dating sites were loser men who expected more than what they were. The men I know in person are nothing like these guys.
And these are important to discuss why? I can electronically scrap the NET for radfems , militant lesbians; who would wrap everything in flannel as if it tasted like bacon ; and birthday party photos with the primary elements being, obesity, all girl and cake. Float to the stinking shallows of either sex and start the propeller?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships