Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2014, 11:45 PM

3,793 posts, read 4,608,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by flathead4 View Post
Right. Because every man out there who dates a woman younger than he is a domineering control freak.
Including her own significantly older boyfriend, apparently, unless he's somehow the one exception to her bizarre theory.

Old 01-05-2014, 05:33 AM

12,969 posts, read 13,706,326 times
I can understand the 45 year-old woman who hasn’t fallen in love yet and meets a 65 year-old well to do man. She's says what the hell I'm not getting any younger. A few years ago I stopped to talk to an older friend of mine who was with a young girl and an infant. I was sure this was his son's baby. Turns out it was his. He's got to be over 60 and the girl is 25. I have also learned of yet another older guy who is kicking it with a girl his daughter’s age. My question is what social circles do 60 year-old men and 25 year-old women hang out together in? If I'm the oldest person in a bar, that's my que to go home.

What could a young woman possibly find in an old man that she can't find in a man her own age. Sometimes the stability that they admire can come back to haunt them. For some men who spent thirty years seeking fame and fortune, sitting around the house is something they have not been able to do alot and they tend to enjoy it more than their young partners.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 01-05-2014 at 05:46 AM..

Old 01-05-2014, 09:15 AM

20,731 posts, read 19,400,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I still don't get your drift. Is that some cliche? What do 40-50-year old women look like where you live? IDDY is 40, and as a former model, still looks great. So what's your point?

You made my point. Why are you not a currently working model?

Some men like being single. I liked being single. It took someone in their prime to tempt me away from a life style I did not find objectionable. So my guess is some of these guys are playing the sex lottery or perhaps even a relationship lottery with a younger woman. In economics its called the indifference rate. A contractor that doesn't want the job bids high. Women who won't settle , or men who will only date women with little chance of success, express a high indifference rate in the dating market.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:23 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,471,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC84 View Post
I guess my point is more sexual-- a couple of my male friends in their late 40's will only try to date women in their early twenties "because they look good". They're not attracted to women *their same age*. I just find the notion ridiculous.
Why is it ridiculous. They can do it, so they are, just like the younger women who date them. Everyone thinks these younger women are victims, or naive; perhaps they actually want an older man for the same reasons younger men want older women.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:42 AM

20,731 posts, read 19,400,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I can understand the 45 year-old woman who hasn’t fallen in love yet and meets a 65 year-old well to do man. She's says what the hell I'm not getting any younger. A few years ago I stopped to talk to an older friend of mine who was with a young girl and an infant. I was sure this was his son's baby. Turns out it was his. He's got to be over 60 and the girl is 25. I have also learned of yet another older guy who is kicking it with a girl his daughter’s age. My question is what social circles do 60 year-old men and 25 year-old women hang out together in? If I'm the oldest person in a bar, that's my que to go home.

What could a young woman possibly find in an old man that she can't find in a man her own age. Sometimes the stability that they admire can come back to haunt them. For some men who spent thirty years seeking fame and fortune, sitting around the house is something they have not been able to do alot and they tend to enjoy it more than their young partners.
These pairing complete the reproductive cycle, ergo why it has no been extinguished.

I had a knock out 3rd cousin. When I looked at her, I had to play dueling banjos in my head to remind myself. She ended up dating at 45 year old when she was 20 or 21. Can't say I understood the situation, and noticed he did not show up to family gatherings. She then later married. I think I would rather shoot myself than marry an ex-old man's sex toy. I think that was the main effect on me. That's me.

My mother also told me about coworker, a nice looking girl at about 30 with a 50 year old lawyer. Her mother just drilled it in her head not to go looking for love and not to have children. She was not happy thanks to psycho mommy. It happens. I saw it happen. Can't say its a fairy tale outcome though.

Old 01-05-2014, 09:48 AM

1,156 posts, read 2,383,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
Why is it ridiculous. They can do it, so they are, just like the younger women who date them. Everyone thinks these younger women are victims, or naive; perhaps they actually want an older man for the same reasons younger men want older women.
Please. Younger men want older women largely because of their financial stability.

I am a hot "older" woman (40s) who looks a good 15 years younger than her age. When I was on Match.com, I cannot count the number of little college boys who contacted me. None of them had a steady job or made big bucks. Many of them were "aspiring" musicians, writers, artists, whatnot. You think they wanted to be with just me just for the great company? NO.

They had an agenda.

It's not my job, responsibility or desire to finance and/or supplement someone's future or make their quality of life better in any way.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:13 AM

102,252 posts, read 108,183,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You made my point. Why are you not a currently working model?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Some men like being single. I liked being single. It took someone in their prime to tempt me away from a life style I did not find objectionable. So my guess is some of these guys are playing the sex lottery or perhaps even a relationship lottery with a younger woman. In economics its called the indifference rate. A contractor that doesn't want the job bids high. Women who won't settle , or men who will only date women with little chance of success, express a high indifference rate in the dating market.
You do realize, though, that there are 40-something men out there on OLD, also looking for a good match, and they're looking within their age range? A number of them have posted here, in a panicky tone, asking whether there are single, child-free women available at their age. (There are, of course.) That's why your post didn't make sense.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:23 AM

7,400 posts, read 6,381,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskaboy View Post
It's nature's revenge I tell ya! Us guys get rejected in our 20;s 30's by women and women jump from man to man to man on a whims notice, cause they're young pretty and they can. As they age, about 35-40, they realize they are less desired and look back at all the opportunities they let go and FREAK OUT! Many women about this point finally learn how to be genuine, nice and desire a good guy.

SO WITH THAT SAID! As a guy who has dated through his teens, twenties, thirties and now fouties, I prefer women my age. WHY? I can attract younger women, and I mean college age girls come on to me all the time. Well, cause I don't relate and I have found that women who have gone through the cycle I spelled out above are nice, giving and often genuine.

Most men go for women much younger just for the beauty, young sex. Cause speaking from experience, there is no way a guy in his 40's can relate intellectually with a girl in her twenties. I'm 40, but in super great shape, look good, full set of hair, look very young and I attract women in their twenties all the time, but I've never once acted on it. Also has something to do with having a daughter. I find it corrupt and kinda sick, to be honest.
Haha. And here I thought you were in your 20's. I think it's the "boy" part.

Yes, it is totally about looks. The generational gap would make it next to impossible to be truly compatible. I mean, intellectually, yeah, ain't happenin'. I shudder to think about what it would be like to be with someone who is, well, not adept in certain areas. Perhaps lacking in that super awesome grey matter called smarts. They may be smart in some ways, but certainly not on par with someone 20+ their senior.

I don't see the appeal, really. While I greatly appreciate beauty, as a sapiophile, intellect reigns supreme. If they're lacking in that very important area it negatively influences how I perceive them and their "beauty." This goes for men and women.

ETA:

I say this as a woman who exclusively dates older men. At 27 dating a man who was 41. Most of my partners or dates have been 10-15 years my senior. I prefer older, educated men because they're more likely on the same or similar level intellectually. This is vitally important.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:43 AM

12,969 posts, read 13,706,326 times
I wonder how many 40-50 year-old single men who spent their 20's-30's as husband and father seek out younger women. I think a lot of older men(married or single) would have a tough time turning down a younger woman who was after him.

Old 01-05-2014, 10:52 AM

5,751 posts, read 10,392,325 times
Younger women often possess traits older men are highly attracted to:

1. Firmer, more fit bodies (see today's 60+ Jane Seymour's bikini cover for exception)

2. Clearer, wrinkle-free skin

3. A youthful innocence, exuberance, still "chasing dreams" quality about them

4. Lots of energy and zest for life/trying new things

5. A natural inclination for making men feel like powerful leaders/teachers/animals...

BTW, these above qualities can be emulated by older women, if they so choose to do so. FTW, my SO is 10+ years older than me, and we are a perfect fit. I happen to still possess the above qualities at my age (40's), as do many of my friends.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.