Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2014, 06:38 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by John7777 View Post
Isn't it true that a very large percentage of the adult population United States has a similar problem?

More than admit. But there is a good percentage who are carriers and don't show symptoms so to be honest, may not know if they carry it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM

326 posts, read 313,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grumptacular View Post
More than admit. But there is a good percentage who are carriers and don't show symptoms so to be honest, may not know if they carry it or not.
You must have myself and many of the other guys confused with "scum" actually getting laid.

90 year old born again virgins don't ever worry....

Old 01-21-2014, 06:45 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Continue to be honest, take extra precautions, continue to have regular visits to your Physician.
Learn all you can about this particular disease, know exactly what type you have.
That is about the best you can do given the circumstances.

Old 01-21-2014, 06:54 PM

5,987 posts, read 10,475,163 times
Many people with herpes are in long term relationships, and with a little care never pass it to their partners even after many years.

Old 01-21-2014, 07:22 PM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Why not date other people with herpes. I bet there's still a lot of hot ones

That's really unfortunate about your situation, but luckily there is a lot that medication can do now

Old 01-21-2014, 07:25 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Should I only target women with herpes?

Should I accept that maybe I should avoid relationships all together?

Should I go out with women and if we get to that point, just use my hands (I'm good with my hands)? and maybe oral?

Any other suggestions?

Go on, hit me with your best shot! Also, to my knowledge, you cannot contract it through using the same forum as me, so you should be safe.

Boy, this is going to be fun!
I think you should pursue any woman who interests you and tell her about your condition some time before having sex but not on the first date. I honestly don't know how I would react but I can't imagine running away from someone if I really liked him. Good luck!

Old 01-21-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I think you should pursue any woman who interests you and tell her about your condition some time before having sex but not on the first date. I honestly don't know how I would react but I can't imagine running away from someone if I really liked him. Good luck!
I'd run too...especially with so many men who are dateless like me and carefree clean.

Old 01-21-2014, 08:07 PM

6,885 posts, read 7,896,042 times
Quote:

Should I only target women with herpes?

Should I accept that maybe I should avoid relationships all together?

Should I go out with women and if we get to that point, just use my hands (I'm good with my hands)? and maybe oral?

Any other suggestions?

Go on, hit me with your best shot! Also, to my knowledge, you cannot contract it through using the same forum as me, so you should be safe.

Boy, this is going to be fun!
OMG Grumpy, I'm starting to feel like we are some sort of spiritual neighbors.

My new BF has herpes. Dropped that little tidbit on our third date. We weren't planning to be intimate that night, but he and I were getting along well enough that he felt it was time for full disclosure. I think he really thought that would be the end of it. But I can't find a way to judge him for it.

He got it from his previous GF, who said "Oh, well, it doesn't matter now because we'll be together forever." Then she dumped him and went back to the guy who gave her herpes in the first place. WTH?

So, even on our third date I was thinking about how much I REALLY like this guy, we are extremely compatible in a gajillion ways. True to my nature, I went home and researched.

Maybe I already have herpes? Maybe he somehow fought it off and won't ever shed the virus or have another flare up (He's only had one in over a year). And yes, condoms don't really cover all that needs to be covered. THe more I read, the more I realized just how poorly understood this virus is.

Within a week I went in for my own checkup, had myself tested for everything they could think of. (all negative) The doctor agreed...no way to be sure you are preventing it, no way to know how contagious he is. Oral probably doesn't help, because the membranous tissue is the same, right? She said the ideal would be a home test right before you have sex that would indicate if you are shedding virus or not...but that is a long way off.

I'm in the process of signing up for a clinical trial of the herpes vaccine. His mission is to check with his doctor to see if taking anti-virals will protect me. (since he is asymptomatic)

My bottom line is, I've been dating for SEVEN years and not found anyone I feel has as much potential as this guy. I really really really want this to work. So we are using condoms and hoping for the best.

Yes, I know this is probably stupid of me.

Anyway, to get back to your question, I think that you should not mention it in your profile. Why not have a few nice dates with a few nice ladies? Not like you're headed straight to the sack with every gal you go out with. Wait until it becomes apparent you have a chance at sex...if that is date 2 or 4. If it isn't until date 10...that is probably too late and you'll look like a jerk.

Good luck with it, grumpy!

Old 01-21-2014, 08:46 PM

I don't need more class.

I need to get out my handcuffs.....

Old 01-21-2014, 09:25 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,266,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning OTF View Post
I don't need more class.

I need to get out my handcuffs.....

Are you talking to someone specific?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships