Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 07:20 PM

957 posts, read 1,060,946 times

Advertisements

No.

I never compliment women on the first date, I feel like that's pretty creepy. Maybe say something nice about one of her accessories, and leave it at that!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2014, 09:28 AM

31,088 posts, read 22,107,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
a lonely guy sees sex in every corner, in every cloud, in every conversation. if mother nature had not made him this way--every woman would become a spinster.
And we would not be here for lack of reproduction!

But back to the OP. She is from South Africa. The culture there is common to that country and not the same as other countries including the US.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:37 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,961,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
Guys your advice would be appreciated. Every time I accept a drinks/coffee/dinner date, the guy will be talking about how sexy I am, how sexy my voice is etc etc. I try to steer the conversation into either finding out more about him as a person or letting him into my world to find out more about me. But it invariably goes back to sexual topics. This then makes me think I have wasted my time going on a date with a man who is just trying to get some before the sun rises. To what degree should I be prejudiced against a man who is telling me how attractive I am and asking questions like Mod cut: not PG13 Am I right to write these guys off - or am I kidding myself and men are just going to push the sexual agenda and it is no indication of their not wanting a relationship? To me, any sexually-tinged talk points to carnal hopes in a man - for that night alone. Have I got it all wrong? Thanks, perspective appreciated. I am one of those women men will call sexy in sackcloth, but why should it be touted as my sole virtue? I may be misunderstanding, please clarify thanks. What should I make of a man who focuses on my looks and seems to ignore the layered being under it all? Looks can disappear tomorrow. My girlfriends ask me the next date, how did it go with that guy you met and I always have the same answer - he just wanted sex so I've cut him off. Is there some sort of memo I've missed? Will men simply always be that direct? Sadly I am old-fashioned and want to be courted and for someone to explore the many dimensions of me.
You are not alone.

Sadly the world has changed to hook ups, booty calls & FWB.

If a guy can get some quick then cut the small talk.

You're going to need to weed out a lot of shallow guys before you find somebody more interested in you as a person..

Hang in there.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklejuice View Post
You are correct to assume the worst about your dates.

Basically, this is how those "dates" are seeing you (see first few seconds of video):

Wild Turkey Surprise Bugs Bunny and Taz Full Clip HD - YouTube

P.S. Run, don't walk.
They can't.

Tied up.

Actually...

Oops... Strike one.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:55 AM

I find it appalling to be talk to from women too.

I needed a labeling machine from a females desk and she says loudly, "Are you going through my drawers?! Actually, I wouldn't mind."

Old 01-29-2014, 10:53 AM

2,079 posts, read 3,210,296 times
no way

i was attracted to this one girl at work, but she isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer and causes so much work-related drama. she is also generally immature & annoying as hell. stuff like that is a huge turn-off for me.

Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM

24 posts, read 46,063 times
Hey everyone. There have been some great and useful comments here and I thank everyone for them - and thank you to the moderator too for reigning me in as I wasn't aware my language was offensive, sorry! Guess was being too literal when recounting my story, because those were the words actually exchanged at the dinner table. But anyway there has been some pearly advice here and I have taken it all into consideration. If dates end after 15 mins because a man said something wrong, so be it. I'll just pick up purse and go, and I need to re-examine my screening strategy as suggested. I'll take it as it comes I mean I would like to meet a gentleman, but never will it be something I am desperate for. I cannot help the sexy edge, I am told it is something you either have or don't. I get the same comments on my sex appeal when I am wearing a slinky cocktail dress out at a jazz club, as when I'm in cap and gym gear with zero make up, which is my preferred look. Some day someone will come along and appreciate the sex appeal; but primarily appreciate the woman it comes with. Thanks all, love you!

Old 01-30-2014, 06:18 PM

5,899 posts, read 5,799,890 times
In response to the OP's question here: Very possibly, but not necessarily.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:31 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoane View Post
Hey everyone. There have been some great and useful comments here and I thank everyone for them - and thank you to the moderator too for reigning me in as I wasn't aware my language was offensive, sorry! Guess was being too literal when recounting my story, because those were the words actually exchanged at the dinner table. But anyway there has been some pearly advice here and I have taken it all into consideration. If dates end after 15 mins because a man said something wrong, so be it. I'll just pick up purse and go, and I need to re-examine my screening strategy as suggested. I'll take it as it comes I mean I would like to meet a gentleman, but never will it be something I am desperate for. I cannot help the sexy edge, I am told it is something you either have or don't. I get the same comments on my sex appeal when I am wearing a slinky cocktail dress out at a jazz club, as when I'm in cap and gym gear with zero make up, which is my preferred look. Some day someone will come along and appreciate the sex appeal; but primarily appreciate the woman it comes with. Thanks all, love you!
I have a similar issue but its different. A lot of guys do find me sexy even when I don't even dress sexy or attempt to be. So I gave run into what you experienced a lot. On the other hand I've also run into an issue where a guy thinks I'm beautiful but places me on this pedestal and wants to take everything slow and get serious or basically take it slow and treat me as their arm candy and try to show me off to friends or family members.... when I'm just wanting a little action(not sex or anything though) or wanting an actual relationship(and he just wants to show me off to impress friends etc). Go figure. I think there are some women that just have the sex appeal so men see them in that way. There are also women that are beautiful in that classic way and men might not have that sex attraction but want to show her off or date her for that sole reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships