Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2014, 01:07 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
And there will be a tiny little bit of membership money from women who genuinely want some occasional no-strings attached, no emotion sex and are incapable of finding it at the nearest bar or grocery store.
Did you even read the article? It doesn't seem as though you are commenting on the actual concept presented in the article. I've quoted below some of the points of the website:

"Its target demographic is people who want to be independent but also want to fall in love"

"We are not a no-strings website. We are for singles looking for regular partners with mutual attraction, genuine friendship, respect and a magical spark but whom have no expectations of moving in after three months and value their free time and independence,"

"Croydon says for it to work, the partners' emphasis is still on a genuine relationship, in that there is romance and sparks"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2014, 01:28 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Did you even read the article? It doesn't seem as though you are commenting on the actual concept presented in the article. I've quoted below some of the points of the website:

"Its target demographic is people who want to be independent but also want to fall in love"

"We are not a no-strings website. We are for singles looking for regular partners with mutual attraction, genuine friendship, respect and a magical spark but whom have no expectations of moving in after three months and value their free time and independence,"

"Croydon says for it to work, the partners' emphasis is still on a genuine relationship, in that there is romance and sparks"
They are trying to market it as such, but in reality it's gonna be a bunch of pervy guys with less than stellar backgrounds on the site, in my humble opinion of course.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:41 PM

11,798 posts, read 12,035,581 times
Quote:

See, this is what I don't understand. SO and I have had that kind of relationship, and we are not, nor ever were, FWB's. Friends with benefits has always been someone you were friends with, and had no-strings attached sex, a safer hookup than with a stranger, but not a romantic relationship. IMO, what this woman is marketing is simply a dating website, but by calling it FWB, people looking for sex and not relationships is what it may likely attract.

Old 02-01-2014, 01:55 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,073,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
See, this is what I don't understand. SO and I have had that kind of relationship, and we are not, nor ever were, FWB's. Friends with benefits has always been someone you were friends with, and had no-strings attached sex, a safer hookup than with a stranger, but not a romantic relationship. IMO, what this woman is marketing is simply a dating website, but by calling it FWB, people looking for sex and not relationships is what it may likely attract.
The creator of the website nor the article are claiming it's a FWB website. That was the OP's choice of words when she created this thread.

The website is named Part Time Love. To me, that means someone that is not there 24/7. There is a population of folks that simply cannot or do not want someone in their life full-time (read: everyday). It states nothing about FWB except that it's NOT what the concept is about. I thought the article was very clear in what the website concept was. Simply put, a relationship that doesn't involve living together or marriage.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:44 AM

184 posts, read 168,555 times
Quote:
The creator of the website nor the article are claiming it's a FWB website. That was the OP's choice of words when she created this thread.

The website is named Part Time Love. To me, that means someone that is not there 24/7. There is a population of folks that simply cannot or do not want someone in their life full-time (read: everyday). It states nothing about FWB except that it's NOT what the concept is about. I thought the article was very clear in what the website concept was. Simply put, a relationship that doesn't involve living together or marriage.
This site won't work because all dating sites are basically hookup sites.

There are too many of them now. This lady is about 10 years too late.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:47 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,160,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by datxcali View Post
This site won't work because all dating sites are basically hookup sites.

There are too many of them now. This lady is about 10 years too late.
Citation required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships