Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2014, 01:15 PM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascension2012 View Post
You guys are once again trying to divert this topic into something it isn't. Its a pretty good sign that you've run out of arguments, and are pulling the usual crap that people who cant admit they were wrong do. We are obviously talking about a man and a woman in LTR or marriage, so I am not sure where the ONS with a skank comes into equation. Youre trying to justify and rationalize morally corrupt behavior, and as a man who knows how to argue with women, I am gracefully bowing out of this conversation, which has visibly ended some time back. Hope you learned something.
Well you guys are doing a good job of not answering the question put before after making your declarations.

The topic was diverted when the distinction was made between a LTR, a healthy LTR and a situation when you have no committed relationship. I believe it is a valid consideration. We have basically agreed that in a stable relationship it would be wrong to have an abortion behind his back. Arguments were given for reasons a woman in a bad relationship or no relationship would withhold this information. That's where ONS and skanks come in to give you a clearer understanding of a situation. The shoe on the other foot, so to speak. We seem to disagree that there maybe understandable exceptions to telling a man you are going to have an abortion.

You cant seem to look at it from a different angle so apparently you have not learned anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2014, 01:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well you guys are doing a good job of not answering the question put before after making your declarations.

The topic was diverted when the distinction was made between a LTR, a healthy LTR and a situation when you have no committed relationship. I believe it is a valid consideration. We have basically agreed that in a stable relationship it would be wrong to have an abortion behind his back. Arguments were given for reasons a woman in a bad relationship or no relationship would withhold this information. That's where ONS and skanks come in to give you a clearer understanding of a situation. The shoe on the other foot, so to speak. We seem to disagree that there maybe understandable exceptions to telling a man you are going to have an abortion.

You cant seem to look at it from a different angle so apparently you have not learned anything.
What question have "we guys" not answered?

Old 02-11-2014, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
What question have "we guys" not answered?

Haven't got a real answer to these questions.

1. What would you do if you had a ONS with a woman you met in a bar and she tracked you down, told you that she was pregnant and that she was going to leave you with a child to raise it by yourself?

2. an example of this men's logical and rational intelligence to these type decisions vs. women simple emotional answers.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:34 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:

1. What would you do if you had a ONS with a woman you met in a bar and she tracked you down, told you that she was pregnant and that she was going to leave you with a child to raise it by yourself?

Not that this would happen, but I'd demand a paternity test. If it was mine and she abandoned the infant with me it would go right out for adoption. Lots of good, stable, financially well off couples out there looking to adopt. It would be the best thing for me and BY FAR the best thing for the child.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:46 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Lover 21 View Post
These two paragraphs are basically saying, "There are a lot of things that suck about being a woman, so this justifies women using their power however they see fit. This includes getting an abortion behind their partner's back."

What if men had this attitude? What if a man went through a litany of all the things that suck about being a male and then went on to say that because they have superior physical strength that justifies rape? Would that make it okay?

And the fact that women have the lion's share of childrearing doesn't have anything to do with anything. A man can say, "In general, men do the lion's share of earning income. Therefore I am making all the financial decisions." BS

Face it, you are just trying to justify morally reprehensible behavior and you know it.
Actually, if you have read these boards for any length of time, you would see that there are indeed a lot of men who say exactly that about finances.

And if you read MY posts on this thread, starting from the beginning, you will see why I said that I could understand women in CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCES having an abortion and not telling their partners. Do you really think an abused woman, or a woman who is married to a criminal, drug addict, or serial cheater should go through with a pregnancy she doesn't even want just because someone who would make a poor excuse for a father demands it? Why do you think she should give him that option? So he can abuse a child, then, too? Talk about "morally reprehensible behavior."

I cannot fathom being in such a relationship or marriage, but I'm not so naive as to think it doesn't happen.

Also, yes, the fact that women do most of the child-rearing does have a LOT to do with it, because most of these guys can barely establish an LTR, much less have an inkling about raising children. They not only would force a woman to have a child she doesn't want, they'd force her to be a mother, on top of it. Did you notice how not one of the men on this thread took a proactive stance and said, "I would want to know, because I would want the option of adopting the child for myself and raising the child myself," until I brought it up? I even tried to lead them to it by asking, repeatedly, "But what purpose would it serve to tell him?" Plenty of opportunities to state their intentions. None did.

If a man has religious beliefs that lead him to be anti-choice that is one thing. But let's get real here. We can all see the posting histories of some of the biggest yaps on here, and MOST of the men on here who are raising a stink about this are more hung up on power than any great love of children or concern for the health of their relationships or the women they have them with, if they've ever had them at all. It's all about control with some of them. Well, that's too damn bad for them, because this is one thing in a woman's life they will NOT be able to control.

Last edited by Lilac110; 02-11-2014 at 02:18 PM..

Old 02-11-2014, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Not that this would happen, but I'd demand a paternity test. If it was mine and she abandoned the infant with me it would go right out for adoption. Lots of good, stable, financially well off couples out there looking to adopt. It would be the best thing for me and BY FAR the best thing for the child.
So your answer is no?

Actually the question I had was if she told you of the pregnancy and her plans were to abort, would you agree to raise the child alone if she agreed to go thru with the pregnancy. If you were ok with the abortion would you drive her to the clinic, stay with her and be there for her while she dealt with it or would you rather have not even known about the pregnancy at all.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:55 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
Haven't got a real answer to these questions.

2. an example of this men's logical and rational intelligence to these type decisions vs. women simple emotional answers.
I answered question 1 extensively.

As I neither wrote or responded to any posts of the nature of 2, I have no contribution to that discussion.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:56 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
So your answer is no?

Actually the question I had was if she told you of the pregnancy and her plans were to abort, would you agree to raise the child alone if she agreed to go thru with the pregnancy. If you were ok with the abortion would you drive her to the clinic, stay with her and be there for her while she dealt with it or would you rather have not even known about the pregnancy at all.

Oh, that would be a no to the first, and a yes to the second.

I've never gotten anyone pregnant, but I have driven two female friends to abortions.

The last question would be a it depends. If it was a ONS I'd rather not know, but if she needed money/emotional support and wanted me to be there, I'd be there. Would be a pretty crappy thing to bail on her at that stage. I guess it really wouldn't matter. I can't imagine getting emotional over a fertilized egg / fetus. Silly stuff.

I doubt a woman after a ONS would want me there, they'd want a good friend.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
You guys are once again trying to divert this topic into something it isn't. Its a pretty good sign that you've run out of arguments, and are pulling the usual crap that people who cant admit they were wrong do. We are obviously talking about a man and a woman in LTR or marriage, so I am not sure where the ONS with a skank comes into equation. Youre trying to justify and rationalize morally corrupt behavior, and as a man who knows how to argue with women, I am gracefully bowing out of this conversation, which has visibly ended some time back. Hope you learned something.

You might want to keep your own story straight. YOU were the one who said...

Quote:
It takes man and a woman to make a baby, no abortion should ever take place without both parties at the very least informed. After all, both parties are held financially responsible, when a baby is born. Feminazi powered nonsensical laws need a change, and need it soon.

See that word "no?" That was you making a blanket statement to include every single pregnancy and every single abortion. No qualifiers, no special circumstances. Just you attempting to make the rules for everyone.

Old 02-11-2014, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Oh, that would be a no to the first, and a yes to the second.

I've never gotten anyone pregnant, but I have driven two female friends to abortions.

The last question would be a it depends. If it was a ONS I'd rather not know, but if she needed money/emotional support and wanted me to be there, I'd be there. Would be a pretty crappy thing to bail on her at that stage. I guess it really wouldn't matter. I can't imagine getting emotional over a fertilized egg / fetus. Silly stuff.

I doubt a woman after a ONS would want me there, they'd want a good friend.
You're right. It would be a pretty crappy thing to bail on her at that stage. But you'd be surprised how many crappy men are out there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships