Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2008, 05:57 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times

Advertisements

My saddest date, which will never fall into oblivion, was as a young man with a pretty friend of a cousin I knew since childhood, I was 21 ans she was 18.
She stayed for a while one summer at a vacation house my grandparents (long since dead) had then on the seaside with all my extended family and friends , a big household, and she agreed to date me back home when semester starts.
At first I made a big mistake, we went to the movies see "Night Watchman" from Liliana Cavani (the story of a former concentration camp inmate who after the war, in Vienna, falls in love with the SS who had tortured her-heavy stuff, unsavory, morally questionable), and then "The Omen", sort of horror movie...she was utterly shocked, all the more because (I didn't know it before) she was a devout Roman Catholic and wasn't used to this kind of hard stuff.
But she accepted to still date me, so I thought maybe I could still make up for my mistake.
Then I joined the military and didn't see her for a while, but we exchanged letters. During my duties I went to see her briefly at her student flat and our meeting was incredibly intense, she hugged me and we both weeped in each other's arms when I had to leave. I thought then she was more than just a friend, I was overwhelmed (*my sheets remember it* lol).
After I finished my duties (it was a short stint of several months) she invited me to her family home in the country to meet her (big) family-lots and brothers and sists, strictly Roman Catholic family.
I thought then things were becoming better and better. I even went to her to a monastery to hear the monk's mass, I was so enthralled I would have followed her anywhere, to Paradise or to Hell....
When it was time to go to bed, something very WEIRD happened : with a friend of her (female), we went to sleep(the 3 of us!) in a room with a fireplace, on mattresses directly on the ground! and while the fire was raging in the fireplace she started undressing and putting slowly her nightgown while her friend was "sleeping" in the midddle...it was eerie....
but with her friend right between us, I ddn't dare make a move...I was flabbergasted, I didn't know how to behave...the next day after I left her to go back home, she told me how much she "admired me" -so what was it, love or friendship?
a few weeks later, she went for a year to India as an au pair in a wealthy family. I wrote her and I decided to ascertain things, so I provoked a reaction in sending her a ring and professing undying love...she sent me the ring back per next mail and told me I was only a friend and would only stay a friend...I was desperate and depressed for about two years....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 07:18 AM

4,739 posts, read 8,375,855 times
My worst dates were always when I got set up, I started thinking that the reason someone had to set them up in the first place was because they were so boring. I learned to say no eventually.

Old 09-29-2008, 10:21 AM

40 posts, read 101,399 times
I was 26 years old and I met her online I went up to see her which is about 3 hrs from me so I took the bus, once i got there, she said hello, and I said hi back, she basically didnt offer me anything to eat at her for a while so I decided we go out to eat, we ate once we went back to her all she did was burp, fart, and sit on her computer talking to people....once I left I actually changed my number and email address

Old 09-29-2008, 10:23 AM

156 posts, read 270,547 times
Well for this particular event... it wasn't really a date, but he invited me over to his house between a couple of my college classes..
Some background info: we met online and turned out we went to the same college so we decided to meet up after our classes. That went really well so we chose to hang out again sometime. He was almost to graduate with a degree in musical theatre that year..

Anyways, the first "date" we had turned out to be just an X-Box gig- he was obsessed with Halo as was most of his friends/roomies.. OK.. I thought I could handle another "date" with him ( I couldn't say no- I was much too shy). He lived just a block or two away from the college and I didn't have another class for a couple hours (I lived 30 mins. away) so I figured we could watch a movie in that time (his suggestion) Well, we started watching Happy Feet (I had already seen it so I was getting bored).. He kept leaving the room to say something to a couple of his roomies that had came home after I arrived. He was evidently getting a little bored himself- he started to kiss me and I being shocked sort of went with it. But then I tried to stop (moral reasons).. He wouldn't stop and kept saying things like "come on, you know you want to".. I was getting disgusted! He then tried to touch me inappropriately and I finally told him I had better go now. He didn't cease with his behavior. I started to cry because I thought the worst was going to happen-I couldn't get away!
So his cell phone starts ringing, and he keeps on, but then he picks it up to see who it is, it was his professor, and since it was his graduating semester, he HAD to take the call. I was so relieved! I got dressed and stormed out of that house while he was on the phone. He kept calling me for a while after that, asking for another date.. HA! Yeah right! Worst "date" ever for me.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:50 PM

412 posts, read 1,229,416 times
my worst date:

he asked me about my last relationship

I asked him about his....he mumbled "I've been married for 20 years"

Me...."you're still married?"

him...."yes"

I got out of there ASAP! I'm not a homewrecker!

Last edited by wilmingtonangel; 09-29-2008 at 05:52 PM.. Reason: added the ending

Old 09-29-2008, 08:48 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,744 times
My worst was many years ago. A friend was working with a guy from Germany and this guy was here to visit. My friend asked me to do a favor and go out with him. Reluctantly (I hate blind dates) I did. At first the guy was just acting weird. Next thing I know he's all over me in a public restaurant. I couldn't get away fast enough. The next day he told my friend that he wanted to marry me.

All I could do was wonder if he was looking for a green card to the US. He called and called and called until I finally got rude with him. I felt bad because my friend I am sure, got the brunt of it. But this guy was nuts!

Old 09-29-2008, 09:30 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times
In a place far far away and long time ago I met a man. Lets call the guy Bob. Bob brings me to his house to show me his around. Bob has photos of a man that looks identical to him all over the house with his wife and kids. Bob tells me that the man in the photos is his identical twin brother and his family. The phone rings, and Bob calls the other person, "honey." Bob gets off the phone and laughs it off, saying he loves to mess with his sister in law. I could not get out of that house fast enough. Some people have amazing nerve.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Were you in a land called "Creepville"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
In a place far far away and long time ago I met a man. Lets call the guy Bob. Bob brings me to his house to show me his around. Bob has photos of a man that looks identical to him all over the house with his wife and kids. Bob tells me that the man in the photos is his identical twin brother and his family. The phone rings, and Bob calls the other person, "honey." Bob gets off the phone and laughs it off, saying he loves to mess with his sister in law. I could not get out of that house fast enough. Some people have amazing nerve.

Old 09-29-2008, 09:41 PM

2,406 posts, read 7,903,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Were you in a land called "Creepville"?
Seriously.

Old 09-30-2008, 03:40 PM

40 posts, read 101,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faina00 View Post
You would be amazed how many people actually do that these days
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships