Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 06:14 PM

7,400 posts, read 6,372,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
I don't give a crap about your rhetorical nonsense, there is no inconsistency in my views.
You're not familiar with fallacies, are you? You preach about moral decay, yet you're no saint (and even saints were no saints). You desire a "high quality" woman, yet you see no issue with withholding your number in order to avoid the other party losing interest by discovering you don't live by the same standards you set for women. Kind of like a preacher preaching about the "sanctity of marriage" when he's had affairs. It's absolfu*kinglutely laughable. If you don't live by the same standards of transparency and honesty then you are being wholly inconsistent and hypocritical. But oftentimes hypocrites are blind to their own hypocrisy, and they're deluded about this fantasy world they've created in their minds that it was somehow better in the olden days. Bullsh*t it was. Not even our great-grandparents were saints, no matter how pristine their lives looked on the outside. And if we're going to really get into the meat of "tradition" we should try defining what "tradition" is since it varies from century to century and culture to culture.

It's wholly erroneous to practice a progressive lifestyle yourself, to engage in debauchery and fornication, and yet expect a "virtuous" or old fashioned woman. You can have your "preferences" however backward and inconsistently moralistic they may be, but don't be disingenuous by claiming you're an upstanding guy when you lack the decency to be transparent and authentic with your own doings, happenings and history.

Quote:
I bet in person you would never open your mouth and speak to anyone in this manner. Another internet tough guy...
Quite the contrary. I counter logical fallacies on a daily basis. I engage in debates of all kinds, and debates that deal with ethics and "morality" as in the case of moralism, well, those are my favorite. I've engaged in such debates on and offline for years.

I'm also no man.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:16 PM

1,209 posts, read 1,815,089 times
We are a community governed by rule of law and civil debate. No need to shout. It has been pointed out repeatedly that despite claims of you being a pragmatist and a deliverer of ugly truths, you have done neither in this thread and instead present unsubstantiated claims as fact without hard evidence.

That is not pragmatism or truth. That is blind faith in a self-professed ideology that borders on religious fanaticism. Unfalsifiable conjecturing that passes itself off as truth ad-hoc. Psuedotruth. Pseudoscience.

This is not my perception. This is undeniable fact, based on sound reasoning and irrefutable evidence. Evidence that is well documented for all to see.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:18 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,045,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty_Pelican View Post
We are a community governed by rule of law and civil debate. No need to shout. It has been pointed out repeatedly that despite claims of you being a pragmatist and a deliverer of ugly truths, you have done neither in this thread and present claims without hard evidence.

That is not pragmatism or truth. That is blind faith in a self-professed ideology that borders on religious fanaticism. Unfalsifiable conjecturing that passes itself off as truth ad-hoc. Psuedotruth. Pseudoscience.

This is not my perception. This is undeniable fact, based on sound reasoning and irrefutable evidence. Evidence that is well documented for all to see.
Okay Mr. Pseudo-intellectual...

Just because you said it, let's accept it.

Are you a virgin?

Anyways, I am done with this thread I said what I needed to say don't need validation from a bunch of people on the internet. And not going to let random people get under my skin!

Old 03-11-2014, 06:21 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
I DIDN'T MAKE ANY CONTRADICTORY STATEMENTS OR INCONSISTENCY IN WHAT I SAID.

Why don't you post where I have contradicted myself instead of repeating the same thing over and over like damned dodo bird.
I really have to dig out your quote saying your "open minded" and then all your judgmental posts that followed (i.e. I "have no morals").

Or your double standards on men and women sleeping with a bunch of people or on the first night they meet (double standards are inconsistent applications of judgement). Really?

I've not called you any names, or attacked you at all. Just pointed out flaws in your statements. You could probably be helped by a rhetoric class and/or learn Aristotle's fallacies, they would help with your logic. Just a suggestion.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:22 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
And not going to let random people get under my skin!

Is that why you felt is was necessary to PM me and say you "hate me"?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah, just like I thought empty rhetoric and no argument.

Nothing but mob mentality in this thread and it happens not only in this thread but many other threads. You people cannot accept any other opinion but your own and when someone tries to voice a competing opinion you people can't handle it.
No one has to "accept" anything. It's not about "accepting." There are many opinions I do not accept, actually, I flat out renounce and critically counter them. All opinions should be weighed, objectively and critically. If it doesn't pass muster then it's rejected. Simple as that.

Quote:
It's pathetic that I am getting PM's from people who support what I am saying in this thread but don't want to join in because they fear the backlash.
This is classic. Trying to use the "Oh. I'm getting tons of support secretly." as a way to validate inconsistent and hypocritical arguments. It doesn't matter how much "support" you receive, if an argument or position can not be effectively presented and argued, as in, logically consistent, it doesn't make the grade.

Quote:
I don't care if I am the only one who is going to be vocal about their opinion on this issue. I am not going to back down even one bit on this point and you people can make personal attacks but I don't give two damn's. This is an internet forum it means nothing at the end of the day just like this argument.
Who has personally attacked you? Some of us have countered, critically, your position, but don't mistake that for ad hominems. I don't know you. I only know the positions, arguments, you put forth, and so far they sink like the Poseidon. That's not an attack on you, it's a critique of your arguments. There's a difference; however, I recognize that not everyone can separate their moralistic ideals from their "self."

Old 03-11-2014, 06:28 PM

2,319 posts, read 3,052,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaphysique View Post
If one is a true moralist there is no room for this sentiment whatsoever. It's all about being consistent, and this isn't consistent. But then again, moralism isn't logically consistent.
And the great thing about this is that I don't give a shi* about what anyone thinks about my morals and values -- they are mine and will always be mine. I've had a great life by living according to my morals and continue to do so.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:31 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StabbyAbby View Post
If I have sex with a guy "too fast" (whatever that means), I'm a zlut/***** and my value as a woman has lowered.

If I refuse to have sex with a guy, I'm "friendzoning" him or I'm being a cocktease.

Most men will beg for sex but the moment a woman has sex with them, they will turn around and degrade her.
I don't know what kind of guys you run around with or date but all of my friends men do not think like that, my husband does not think like that and in all my years of dating (before I was married) I never had any man treat me this way.

Perhaps it is time to look closer at the guys in your life.

Old 03-11-2014, 06:32 PM

135 posts, read 150,316 times
just have sex on the 3rd or 4th date. Nice and safe

Old 03-11-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molli View Post
And the great thing about this is that I don't give a shi* about what anyone thinks about my morals and values -- they are mine and will always be mine. I've had a great life by living according to my morals and continue to do so.
I wasn't referring to your morals or how you live. I couldn't care less about an individual's standard of morality when it doesn't affect me. However, when presenting a position or argument in a discussion or debate it's wise to consider its logical consistency. Imposing or expecting others to live by a specific standard, especially one that the individual doesn't live by himself, is wholly inconsistent and hypocritical.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships