Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 11:30 PM

6,732 posts, read 9,994,575 times

Advertisements

Whenever I leave the house.

What I would change: Fewer guys a generation older or younger than me. Fewer guys with obvious mental health issues. More guys my age who have their lives reasonably together. More women and people of other genders -- my age and together .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 03:43 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
To get hit on. I feel left out.
Seriously.... I never get hit on either. Not when I was 18, not now at 30.

Well, I've gotten those rude, obnoxious yells out a car window when walking in a downtown area, but nothing close to flirting.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:52 AM

11,222 posts, read 16,426,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

Well, I've gotten those rude, obnoxious yells out a car window when walking in a downtown area, but nothing close to flirting.

I'm pretty damned shy, but if I noticed you, noticing me.......I just might get enough nerve to talk to you.

Old 03-20-2014, 07:39 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I'll take it!!! Thanks!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post

You ladies aren't missing anything special. And TIW, obviously you are doing just fine with a great hubby and family so you've got it going on in looks and where it counts most.

Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 AM

7,796 posts, read 16,400,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
You ladies aren't missing anything special. And TIW, obviously you are doing just fine with a great hubby and family so you've got it going on in looks and where it counts most.
Don't misunderstand my posts...I'm very grateful for my wonderful husband and family. I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I'm not gonna' lie...it does feel good when a man makes it clear that he finds me attractive. Others may not get an ego boost from it, but I sure do. Perhaps because it doesn't happen often to me.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:01 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,803,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
That's what I was going to say. With me it's "always" been much older men that hit on me. We are talking 20, 30, 40 years older. I rather just be invisible to them because I am not interested and they can be persistent. It was worse when I was a shy teenaged girl who didn't know how to handle herself or get rid of these men. I almost think there is a certain type of man who preys upon that innocence and naivety. Maybe not all, but there certainly seemed to be from my perspective.

Online dating sites I sometimes get men 10 or so years my junior to me asking for a hookup--but I suspect they are they type to ask any woman for a hookup until they hit paydirt. I really don't count that as "being hit on." To me, being hit on is being singled out... like by a snipers bullet. These guys take the shotgun approach--don't aim and don't care what they hit (metaphorically and literally speaking).

Old 03-20-2014, 09:14 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Not to denigrate the lovely attractive ladies of CD , but I find that a lot of guys have a "shotgun" method of dealing with women. They play the numbers game.

You throw the line out in the water enough, you'll come up with fish.

So I don't know how much stock women should put into men hitting on them. This is certainly something I would instill in my daughters, if I had any.

Old 03-20-2014, 09:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,463,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Not to denigrate the lovely attractive ladies of CD , but I find that a lot of guys have a "shotgun" method of dealing with women. They play the numbers game.

You throw the line out in the water enough, you'll come up with fish.

So I don't know how much stock women should put into men hitting on them. This is certainly something I would instill in my daughters, if I had any.

I have told that to a few young women in the past. I certainly place no stock in these types of passes, there's certainly nothing more special about me than the next person that will come across those guy's path. How I wish I had an mp player some 40 years ago up to present. I'm sure that dandy device would have saved me from lots of terrible confrontations and headaches.

To be fair, not every instance falls into this ^ there are some times when there is genuine polite conversation and interest. So, ladies don't start giving all guys that try to converse with you in a, respectful way, attitude, I was commenting to the randomness in many of those fly by passes. I'm just an old ornery gal that doesn't want to be bothered.

Last edited by TRosa; 03-20-2014 at 09:46 AM..

Old 03-20-2014, 10:52 AM

20,764 posts, read 19,968,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilaJones View Post
Whenever I leave the house.

What I would change: Fewer guys a generation older or younger than me. Fewer guys with obvious mental health issues. More guys my age who have their lives reasonably together. .

Same here! I thought I am the only one who makes this experience. 90% of the guys who approach me are totally and far away from my league/age.

I wonder why these - clearly unstable and undateable guys for whatever reason - are more likely to approach women (out of their league)? Do they WANT to get rejected??

Every guy I have ever been with, I have approached him. And later on he told me he would have never dared talking to me.

Old 03-20-2014, 10:55 AM

52,263 posts, read 52,686,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Same here! I thought I am the only one who makes this experience. 90% of the guys who approach me are totally and far away from my league/age.

I wonder why these - clearly unstable and undateable guys for whatever reason - are more likely to approach women (out of their league)? Do they WANT to get rejected??

Every guy I have ever been with, I have approached him. And later on he told me he would have never dared talking to me.
They've just got "nothing left to lose" as Janis Joplin would say.....

I know in my experience in hanging out with dudes, the guys that were always the most agressive were the ones that just didn't "give a ****" and that attitude seemed to come from the guys that were a litttle bit off... again, not all of course, but just a casual observation I've noticed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships