Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 PM

887 posts, read 1,100,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sjd1 View Post
I've heard and read a lot of stories of wild things people did when they were in high school or college. Wild sexual things and it all sounds very fun. For ex. people who were in high school marching band getting a handjob on the bus or having secret sex in a hotel room, high school football players and just college students in general hooking up at parties and I guess I'm asking if it's possible to have that kind of fun as an adult or does it just get lame after a while because everybody expects you to marry and settle down? Does dating eventually go from being fun to just being a chore?
Those kind of experiences I would not call dates. Fun!!! but not dates.

I think if you are lucky enough to find the right partner, it always seems to remain fun. The experiences may not be as wide open as when one is younger, but again, the right partner may give any of those experiences a run for their money.

Does dating eventually go from fun to a chore? I guess if you are looking for a relationship for too many of the wrong reasons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM

9,000 posts, read 10,180,605 times
Dating has NEVER been fun.
I don't do dating & I'm not about to start now, lol
It's just not my thing....

Old 04-02-2014, 08:05 PM

324 posts, read 407,662 times
It stops being fun when you're still dating at an age when people expect you to be married. Where I live, it would be late 20s.

Old 04-02-2014, 08:29 PM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
It seems late 20s or early 30's because women then want and expect men to be no longer living with their parents, and have their lives together, be in their career job already, have their **** together, which means women are looking to get married and settle down

Old 04-02-2014, 09:48 PM

457 posts, read 605,159 times
Quote:
I've heard and read a lot of stories of wild things people did when they were in high school or college. Wild sexual things and it all sounds very fun. For ex. people who were in high school marching band getting a handjob on the bus or having secret sex in a hotel room, high school football players and just college students in general hooking up at parties and I guess I'm asking if it's possible to have that kind of fun as an adult or does it just get lame after a while because everybody expects you to marry and settle down? Does dating eventually go from being fun to just being a chore?
Is that your idea of dating? If you're asking about hooking up, technically that can be done at any age, though it's much less likely past the age of, say, 30 I would think.

Old 04-02-2014, 09:54 PM

48,532 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
Its actually determined by your options.
Something you may not believe, but attitude can help determine your options.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-02-2014, 10:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 8,210,154 times
Quote:
Well those things you described doesn't constitute dating necessarily at least in most people's minds.

Old 04-02-2014, 10:18 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,675,247 times
Not an age but life experiences. Myself, I was married to a wonderful woman for 42 yrs, who I am sure was not a perfect wife. If you asked me to list her faults the only thing I can come up with is she didn't spend any time on herself. I know anyone I date should not be compared to her but I don't think I could help myself. I was fortunate to have experienced love like very few people do and my guess is that I will go to my grave and meet her in heaven still faithful

Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 AM

1,418 posts, read 1,268,996 times
Ya because it seems most women over age 25 are looking to get married or settle down, they want a serious committed long term relationship that will ultimately lead to spending the rest of their life with that person but women under 25 are usually more open to casual dating

Old 04-03-2014, 06:22 AM

530 posts, read 667,368 times
If what you describe as fun, is fun for you and that is what you want to do with your time, then so be it. Your experience will be as lame or as exciting as you make it.
I recently had the opportunity to have dinner in Delray Beach on Atlantic Avenue. The restaurant was on a corner and there was a small bar area not far from our table. I sat and watched, horrified as an older male was hitting on and doing things to a younger female. The age difference had to be 30 years. Their heathen public display made me wonder where they were coming from mentally, in which kennel they were raised, and what they possibly could have had in mind when operating in such a questionable fashion (from a disease point of view).
Fun? Perhaps one day they may both escape the biology in which they are mired and live to see a day when a more thoughtful and romantic approach will yield a longer lasting "fun".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships