Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 07:51 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Then why date at all?
That is a question I ask myself every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

774 posts, read 906,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
1. The person who cares less has all the power. Nobody wants to be the one who’s more interested.
2. Because we want to show how cavalier and blasé we can be to the other person, little psychological games like ‘Intentionally Take Hours Or Days To Text Back’ will happen. They aren’t fun.

Aren't 1 and 2 the same?

Old 04-08-2014, 08:16 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Everyone has a blog these days and everyone has an opinion about everything - dating, marriage, child rearing, what to say to pregnant women, what not to say to adoptive parents, etc. The opinions that we agree with are great and the ones that we don't agree with are way off base. I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with this - but I think we are overanalyzing EVERYTHING!

I think the "truths" about relationships are things best learned by being in relationships first hand and learning things for yourself. One person's "truths" aren't going to be true for everyone. And if you go by what other people say, you are missing the most important part of the relationship - learning about it for yourself. A relationship is between two people so each relationship is going to be specific to the two people involved. The "truths" of that relationship are the only truths that you need to worry about.

Just my opinion.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:18 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Wtf?

Is this the dating guide for emotionally stunted Tweens?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:21 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,756,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
3. A person being carefree because they have zero interest in you looks exactly like a person being carefree because they think you’re amazing & are making a conscious effort to play it cool. Good luck deciphering between the two.

This one is easy to overcome. Stop dating "carefree" people. They're not passionate and generally very dull.
Lol don't date anyone who is really from Hawai'i lol

Old 04-09-2014, 10:53 AM

179 posts, read 308,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepka View Post
Do I need to spell it out? Starts with an S and ends with an X. We all want it--we just vary in how close of a relationship we'll do that for.
We as in men, yes.

Plenty of women are perfectly happy living without sex forever.

Old 04-12-2014, 03:08 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,204,354 times
Beautiful rebuttal here:

18 Ugly Myths About Modern Dating – Debunked | James Michael Sama

Old 04-12-2014, 08:41 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Naively idealistic rebuttal there.

Old 04-13-2014, 01:37 PM

48,534 posts, read 34,863,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
You may find it naive, but I found it much more realistic, based upon my life experiences. /shrug
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-15-2014, 03:08 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
I agree. It's like military buildup. It doesn't matter who threw the first stone, the world is what it is now where everyone is armed to the teeth, in anticipation for the other side to strike first. This list doesn't preclude the possibility of finding someone genuine, it's just the recognition that things have happened before you got here. People who started off as innocent individuals have had their hearts broken so now they are on guard. Some of these people have learned to behave badly because they were treated badly. Some people are born bad. You can chose to go through life with your eyes closed and perhaps you will be lucky and end up with someone nice and not get hurt. The rest of us rather be prepared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships