Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2014, 08:22 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,848,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
Also what do you think of the whole nice guys finish last theory?

I don't know about you all, but I really get tired of hearing nice guy this, bad guy this....does it really matter? Do you honestly think a nice guy would sit around and complain about how girls don't like him simply because he is "nice"? I have had several of my old male friends make that comment several times. Every time they say it, it irritates me. I don't think it's true for everyone. My family and friends know this one guy has a huge crush on me, and swear I will end up with him in the future. I highly doubt it.

There is also another guy who was quite fond of me in the past, and actually still is to this day. I never was attracted to him like that though. I have heard that people often end up with the person they ignored when they were younger. I hope that isn't the case with me lol. I'm not really concerned about it, as I make my own choices. Has this ever happened to you?

Did someone you like that ignored/rejected you when you were younger end up liking you later on in life?

Or

Did you end up liking someone you ignored/rejected when you were younger?
I think that men who can't get women or get rejected a lot complain about it, the same as women complain when about their boss or their mom or friends, or losing a promotion at work or getting a bad grade. People tend to complain about things where they get the short end of the stick.

You are saying that men who complain are weak and in the same breath are describing how many guys have huge crushes on you and are chasing after you, but you have no interest in them. And you can't understand why some people are frustrated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2014, 07:34 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,718,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
I think that men who can't get women or get rejected a lot complain about it, the same as women complain when about their boss or their mom or friends, or losing a promotion at work or getting a bad grade. People tend to complain about things where they get the short end of the stick.

You are saying that men who complain are weak and in the same breath are describing how many guys have huge crushes on you and are chasing after you, but you have no interest in them. And you can't understand why some people are frustrated?
Where did I say that men who complain are weak? Are you talking about a previous post (even though I do not remember saying this ever)? Or are you simply just putting words in my mouth?

Old 04-20-2014, 07:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,400,633 times
Your insight is scary but u r 100% right in my case went full circle

Old 04-20-2014, 09:10 PM

854 posts, read 1,482,029 times
I feel like the bashing of "nice guys" goes a little too far. While some "nice type" types do turn out to be abusive possessive creeps, most of them are just socially awkward and immature young men who just want to be loved by a woman and feel like their positive attributes are unappreciated.

Old 04-20-2014, 09:13 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,848,332 times
What kind of spice is in the meatball?

Old 04-22-2014, 07:58 PM

306 posts, read 299,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I guess it just seems so pointless to me to think that way. Why not just appreciate that women are paying attention to you now (not you personally, the general you) instead of being bitter about the past when the present seems to be so much better!
Nothing is better because if you go through your twentys not getting any dates why would they want to date me in my thirties my looks? There is nothing to appreciate because they are fake and thats the last thing that a man in this situation needs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships