Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 04:25 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter if you work in two different departments. I once had a co-worker walk up to me during my first few weeks on the job and say "Hi, I'm *insert name*, let me know if you have any questions."

I was left thinking why the hell would I have questions when he is in a different department, but it worked. Confidence is attractive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 04:43 AM

8 posts, read 21,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
So, I see social anxiety isn't your only problem.

You pretty much quoted me and then made an argument on something I didn't even say.

It's weird, creepy and lame behavior for a guy to do that. You can try and spin it however you want, but it's not going to get you anywhere.
You can continue being hypocritical, it's fine by me. You still haven't answered my concern. You know for a fact you would talk to a guy you found attractive if he contacted you on FB.

Last edited by MalibuCoconut; 04-28-2014 at 04:52 AM..

Old 04-28-2014, 04:53 AM

16,391 posts, read 30,945,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCoconut View Post
You can continue being hypocritical, it's fine by me. You still haven't answered my question. You know for a fact you would talk to a guy you found attractive if he contacted you on FB.
I'm a guy.

I'm giving you advice as a guy. If you want to just turn this in to a debate on people being hypocrites then I will exit the thread. I don't like whiners and I don't like people who make excuses. Right now you're doing both.

You're absolutely right, women give more leeway to guys they find attractive. At the same time, it's not a get out of jail free card. You should see all the very attractive guys my sister and girlfriends I've had in the past have been absolutely creeped out by.

If you want a pity party, or are looking to say that women only go for guys that look like George Clooney.. so be it. It's not how the world works, but you're more than welcome to go about doing things the wrong way. You're free to start messaging this girl on facebook, but you're going to end up either friend zoned or looking like a creep and then we'll see you on this board in no time talking about how all women are mean.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:21 AM

8 posts, read 21,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
I'm a guy.

I'm giving you advice as a guy. If you want to just turn this in to a debate on people being hypocrites then I will exit the thread. I don't like whiners and I don't like people who make excuses. Right now you're doing both.

You're absolutely right, women give more leeway to guys they find attractive. At the same time, it's not a get out of jail free card. You should see all the very attractive guys my sister and girlfriends I've had in the past have been absolutely creeped out by.

If you want a pity party, or are looking to say that women only go for guys that look like George Clooney.. so be it. It's not how the world works, but you're more than welcome to go about doing things the wrong way. You're free to start messaging this girl on facebook, but you're going to end up either friend zoned or looking like a creep and then we'll see you on this board in no time talking about how all women are mean.
Whining? Hahaha, too bad tone doesn't come across too well when typing. There was actually a specific reason I was bringing it up, can you guess what it was?

And no, I'm not going to contact her at all. I already know the answer to these questions, but I like to play out the fantasies of 'what-if', because it's really all I have left.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:21 AM

2,183 posts, read 2,639,689 times
Quote:
Whining? Hahaha, too bad tone doesn't come across too well when typing. There was actually a specific reason I was bringing it up, can you guess what it was?

And no, I'm not going to contact her at all. I already know the answer to these questions, but I like to play out the fantasies of 'what-if', because it's really all I have left.
That is NOT all you have left, whiner. You can talk to her, in person. Ya whiner.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:32 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,891 times
FWIW a girl at work told me that another guy added her on FB from work that she never talked to and was creeped out. I would't do it. Just talk to her when you catch her alone next time.

Old 04-28-2014, 06:34 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Keep away from people at work. The end.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:30 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Keep away from people at work. The end.
I agree. Never, EVER date or show romantic intent to coworkers.

Old 04-28-2014, 07:58 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,182,943 times
Quote:
So, I have a dilemma. I'm pretty low in the self-confidence area, but a girl from my work, I believe, has been giving me signs of interest. A few times I look and see that's she made eye-contact with me, and on two occasions she's seen me go into the vending machine room, and went in herself. I know I should've started a conversation in there, but I freaked, and my mind went blank. :/ She even said hi, but my throat literally went dry and I didn't say anything. So now she probably thinks I'm not interested or a jerk.

I've always had social anxiety and I'm not very experienced with relationships, at all. My question, would it be too creepy to cold message her on FB and just say "hey" and see if I get a response?

Some details worth mentioning: Even though she works at the same location, she's not in the same department. I really can't spark up a convo with her without it being obvious what I'm doing. So, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do.
Courage is the foundation of happiness. Either stroll up to her to have a cup of coffee or don't talk to her at all. Texting or messaging someone out of the blue is a surefire way to tell someone that you lack the stones to ask her out in person.

At the same time, I'd really think twice about dating a co-worker. You better be really sure. A cup of coffee is a pretty low-risk way to test the waters.

Old 04-28-2014, 09:31 AM

35,087 posts, read 31,339,345 times
I never add or communicate with current coworkers on Facebook. I like to keep a firewall between my work life and my personal life. Bleedover can cause problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships