Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 10:21 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
I never add or communicate with current coworkers on Facebook. I like to keep a firewall between my work life and my personal life. Bleedover can cause problems.
I agree. I didn't spend all that much time in a white collar environment but even my short stint convinced me that romantic relationships in the workplace just make everyone's lives difficult, especially the manager/boss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2014, 10:29 AM

10,216 posts, read 8,312,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCoconut View Post
So, I have a dilemma. I'm pretty low in the self-confidence area, but a girl from my work, I believe, has been giving me signs of interest. A few times I look and see that's she made eye-contact with me, and on two occasions she's seen me go into the vending machine room, and went in herself. I know I should've started a conversation in there, but I freaked, and my mind went blank. :/ She even said hi, but my throat literally went dry and I didn't say anything. So now she probably thinks I'm not interested or a jerk.

I've always had social anxiety and I'm not very experienced with relationships, at all. My question, would it be too creepy to cold message her on FB and just say "hey" and see if I get a response?

Some details worth mentioning: Even though she works at the same location, she's not in the same department. I really can't spark up a convo with her without it being obvious what I'm doing. So, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do.
Never message a girl on Facebook. As a matter of fact, don't even friend women on there you do not know in real life. Recipe for disaster and she will think you're a creep.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:34 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,144,492 times
Talk to her. Also in the future I advise you to refrain from starting threads or sentences in general with um.

Old 04-28-2014, 10:36 AM

2,826 posts, read 3,994,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loose cannon View Post
Talk to her. Also in the future I advise you to refrain from starting threads or sentences in general with um.
What if OP messages her with "Um, hey" instead of just "hey" ... would it be ok in that instance?

Old 04-28-2014, 10:38 AM

4,187 posts, read 5,161,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsun556 View Post
What if OP messages her with "Um, hey" instead of just "hey" ... would it be ok in that instance?
Only if he puts in three dozen likes after that hey.

"Um hey, like, I was, like, looking at you, like, but was too shy to like, like like, um, say hi, like yeaaah."

Old 04-28-2014, 12:56 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
When has starting a conversation with a dick pic ever failed?

That's how I met my gf.
She likes pencils right?

I'm kidding! !!! Don't hurt me.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:06 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCoconut View Post
So, I have a dilemma. I'm pretty low in the self-confidence area, but a girl from my work, I believe, has been giving me signs of interest. A few times I look and see that's she made eye-contact with me, and on two occasions she's seen me go into the vending machine room, and went in herself. I know I should've started a conversation in there, but I freaked, and my mind went blank. :/ She even said hi, but my throat literally went dry and I didn't say anything. So now she probably thinks I'm not interested or a jerk.

I've always had social anxiety and I'm not very experienced with relationships, at all. My question, would it be too creepy to cold message her on FB and just say "hey" and see if I get a response?

Some details worth mentioning: Even though she works at the same location, she's not in the same department. I really can't spark up a convo with her without it being obvious what I'm doing. So, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do.
If I wouldn't talk to her in person, I wouldn't message her on Facebook. I would personally introduce myself before going into texting and messaging. That's how I would handle things. So just strike up a friendly "Hi, how are you." If she wants to talk she'll talk. If she seems rather unresponsive, then move on.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
If you see the person in real life it's pretty effen creepy.Op just practice with your guy friends.Make them wear a dress, talk in a girly voice and show some leg.
Hell naw!!! I ain't wearing no dress just because one of my friends needs to learn how to talk to a woman. He can wear the dress, LOL!!!

Old 04-28-2014, 02:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
could get you fired if it went south.
so could messing with her when she is not interested.
strangly enough neither is true if she stalks you.

Old 04-28-2014, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusss View Post
Perhaps, but the fear of rejection makes people do crazy things, things which they may not otherwise consider.
Only if they let it. What we need is perspective. We worry about saying no, but there are so much worse things than rejection.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships