Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 07:56 PM

8,779 posts, read 9,454,139 times

Advertisements

How do you expect to have a relationship with this person if you can't even say hi in person?

Are you going to communicate strictly through electronic devices from different rooms your whole life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2014, 08:00 PM

818 posts, read 917,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
You should send nude pics.
LOL Hey ! this is the internet , he will believe its true ( Don't do this ) ^^

Send her a friend request and see what happens. Then maybe message her, but don't say anything creepy. Just strike up a conversation

Old 04-27-2014, 08:03 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,614,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
creepy and stalkerish if you message her from out of the blue on fb.
Only if she's not interested in him. Otherwise it's fine.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:10 PM

1,823 posts, read 2,846,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCoconut View Post
So, I have a dilemma. I'm pretty low in the self-confidence area, but a girl from my work, I believe, has been giving me signs of interest. A few times I look and see that's she made eye-contact with me, and on two occasions she's seen me go into the vending machine room, and went in herself. I know I should've started a conversation in there, but I freaked, and my mind went blank. :/ She even said hi, but my throat literally went dry and I didn't say anything. So now she probably thinks I'm not interested or a jerk.

I've always had social anxiety and I'm not very experienced with relationships, at all. My question, would it be too creepy to cold message her on FB and just say "hey" and see if I get a response?

Some details worth mentioning: Even though she works at the same location, she's not in the same department. I really can't spark up a convo with her without it being obvious what I'm doing. So, I'm kind of stuck on what I should do.
A guy from another department at work did this. He messaged me on facebook, asking me out. He only worked one floor down from me, and yet didn't take the time to come to my office and ask me out directly, or even meet me face to face before asking me out! Apparently he just saw me around work and thought I was "hot".

I didn't accept the offer.

Anyway, I would say if you're going to ask her out you should approach her first, but I'm never a fan of dating at work. Too much potential for problems.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:12 PM

8 posts, read 21,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Only if she's not interested in him. Otherwise it's fine.
Exactly. People seem to forget how it works - http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...tandards-2.jpg

Old 04-27-2014, 09:18 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,849,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalibuCoconut View Post
Exactly. People seem to forget how it works.
There's always an outside shot I guess.

But in general men who lack confidence and don't get attention from women probably can't be successful playing the game that way.

My suggestion would be to calm down, go talk to her, and at the least use her for practice. Being nervous around women is so bad. You'll never get anywhere with women if you're shy around them.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:22 PM

331 posts, read 547,892 times
Don't do it!

Trust me. I have experience.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:30 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,784,725 times
Lets say you take the Facebook approach and next day she decides to talk. If your throat is going to seize up like a clogged drain whenever you have to speak in person how do you expect to get anywhere?

Just say hello. Then introduce yourself, "hi, Vic Ferrari, I'm into Italian cars, technics stereos, Australian films and beautiful ladies" works like a charm.

Old 04-27-2014, 09:30 PM

8 posts, read 21,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
Don't do it!

Haha, were you the initiator, or on the receiving end of the message?

Old 04-27-2014, 09:37 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,868,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by const_iterator View Post
Don't do it!

You did it?

I made popcorn.

Spill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships