Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2014, 09:22 AM

73 posts, read 87,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
You're not completely wrong, however, addressing the issue by using dilators isn't as simple as you might think. There is a more aggressive form of treatment that involves injecting Botox into your vaginal muscles while you're under anesthesia, and the dilator is inserted at that time so you wake up and it's already in there. It involves additional dilation exercises and counseling after that. It sounds cool, but I'm only aware of this treatment being available in New York. Not that I can't go to New York, but that's just a lot to do when I'm not even dating anyone who I'm considering sex with.
Why do you need these "dilators" and special treatments? Everything you've said so far indicates that this isn't a physical problem. If you feel like you need to be put under anaestesia just to insert something in your V...yikes, I don't know what to say.

But everything you're saying like "it's not that easy" are just cop outs you're using to not have to do anything about it.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:33 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
Why do you need these "dilators" and special treatments? Everything you've said so far indicates that this isn't a physical problem. If you feel like you need to be put under anaestesia just to insert something in your V...yikes, I don't know what to say.

But everything you're saying like "it's not that easy" are just cop outs you're using to not have to do anything about it.

She in, at another thread, indicated some physical trauma... I believe surgery.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:35 AM

73 posts, read 87,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Ok, my fault. But I still think a lot of cop outs are going on.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Ok, my fault. But I still think a lot of cop outs are going on.

Of course.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:39 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:

It's a psychological problem that leads to a physical one- i.e. if you're afraid that penetration will be painful, when you attempt penetration, you won't be relaxed and your muscles will tense up, so it WILL end up being painful or it just won't go in at all. The point of the dilators is to gradually train your mind and body to accept penetration without pain and fear. I understand that needing anesthesia to be penetrated sounds crazy, but it's that daunting of a thing for me. I've taken sedatives to get through gyn exams before and they weren't helpful, so I'd be happy to be knocked out and just wake up with the thing in there. lol

Also, the facility that specializes in this treatment is located in New Hampshire, not New York.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 AM

35,094 posts, read 51,259,761 times
Quote:
So I recently discovered that my ex-boyfriend got married and I'm kind of not happy about this. I haven't seen or spoken to him in the five years since we broke up and knew absolutely nothing about what was going on in his life. I assumed he was dating or in a relationship, but not MARRIED!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED BEFORE HE DID, BUT I'VE BEEN SINGLE EVER SINCE I BROKE UP WITH HIM.

He wasn't a horrible guy so I guess he deserves to be happy, but . I haven't seen the girl yet, but I really want to know what she looks like.

Why would you let his actions affect your life and why do you feel the need to see his wife?
Five years of no contact you should have moved on for good a long time ago.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:43 AM

But what is the genesis of you thinking it will be painful? I mean, most women (that I've spoken about it with) were, ahh... playing with things in their since they were pre teens...

Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 AM

14,078 posts, read 16,616,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
It wasn't surgery, but I was penetrated against my will with medical things on several occasions when I was a child.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
It wasn't surgery, but I was penetrated against my will with medical things on several occasions when I was a child.

Well, that makes some sense then. Good luck with the therapy.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:09 AM

17,639 posts, read 22,647,543 times
Quote:
It's a psychological problem that leads to a physical one- i.e. if you're afraid that penetration will be painful, when you attempt penetration, you won't be relaxed and your muscles will tense up, so it WILL end up being painful or it just won't go in at all. The point of the dilators is to gradually train your mind and body to accept penetration without pain and fear. I understand that needing anesthesia to be penetrated sounds crazy, but it's that daunting of a thing for me. I've taken sedatives to get through gyn exams before and they weren't helpful, so I'd be happy to be knocked out and just wake up with the thing in there. lol

Also, the facility that specializes in this treatment is located in New Hampshire, not New York.
SLS, perhaps if you get yourself a Rabbit vibrator, it will help with your problem.

Rabbit vibrator - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships