Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 02:54 PM

73 posts, read 87,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
Wow, talk about a sense of entitlement. I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but you don't or can't even have sex. How long is a marriage like that going to last, if you can't even please your husband sexually?

Bingo. Marriage timelines are the last thing OP needs to worry about.

She won't even be able to get into a short- to medium-term relationship with her current set of issues.

So, she's worried about her ex getting married, when in fact all normal, healthy heterosexual males and the resulting relationships are completely unavailable to her because of her problem.

Talk about putting the cart before the horse.

Old 04-29-2014, 02:56 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I know it doesn't matter but I'm still curious. How is it any worse than just wanting to know whether she's prettier or something?
It's not any different. Would you prefer it if she was uglier than you, or better looking?

Old 04-29-2014, 03:03 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
my exboyfriend, i just learned a few days ago from a mutual facebook "friend", that he has a girlfriend now. apparently he posted a photo of the two of them and she asked him about it. so she wanted to know if i wanted to get together for coffee. fortunately for me, i cannot see the picture. it would only torture me more to see it.

we just broke up a few months ago. i'm just getting back into the dating world, so i'm shocked that he has found someone already. i think it's too soon, but i guess he wanted to find someone right away. i know that before we were all the way broken up he was already on match. com with a full profile. he got with me before his divorce was final, so i think he just can't be alone? i'm not surprised he would move on, but it does make me feel like he replaced me so fast that i wasn't quite as special as he always tried to make me seem to be to him. feels like he really didn't love me that much if he could actively search and find someone else so soon. even though i am the one who broke up with him, it still hurts.

but in my case it has been only a few months. you have been separated from your ex for five years? that's a long time. i wouldn't call that getting married "soon".

i know it still hurts sometimes no matter how long it has been. but i would try to just move on and carry on with your life and try to not let it get to you. sometimes i find myself thinking about ex and i have to literally tell myself "stop" and force myself to think of something else. sigh....breaking up sucks.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:12 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
ok, i just read the rest of this thread.

i think your issue with this is completely different than mine and my situation. anyway, i still think it's better for you to just stop thinking about him and her and worry about yourself. you two broke up a long time ago, time to let it go.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:13 PM

20,758 posts, read 19,964,416 times
Quote:
Why is it on here that women always attack the man in question in an effort to comfort the women? How about she just wan't good enough, and he found somebody better. I know that sucks to hear, but that's life. It happens to all of us, no need to make excuses and blow smoke up her butt.

I would do the same if OP was a guy.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:18 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Take a good long think about the kind of person you want to be. Do you want to be the kind of person who gets upset when other people do something that makes them happier? Is that really the route you want to take?

That is no way to live your life.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:21 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times
Quote:
Wow, talk about a sense of entitlement. I'm not trying to be funny or mean, but you don't or can't even have sex. How long is a marriage like that going to last, if you can't even please your husband sexually?

OP:

You do sound entitled.

That would be a huge turn off for a guy who might be interested in you.

So then you would be back at square one with no guy in your life.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:23 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlife2 View Post
I dont know why he rushed to get married unless he is stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oh-eve View Post
Think like this - if he married so quickly, he might not have chosen wisely.
Am I the only one that noticed that she hasn't seen the dude in five years? I see nothing to indicate that he was married six months after the breakup.

Did he sign a legal document stating that he wouldn't get married until after you did? If not, I'm not sure what the point of that comment was.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:25 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandyWarhol View Post
I scanned your post history a bit, you do know exactly what you need to do, but you don't want to do it.

The fact is, you're not going to get past the relationship roadblocks until you sort this out.

You can "date," which it sounds like you're doing, but you want a relationship, not to just "date."

Your problem precludes you from relationships with healthy, heterosexual men.

Period.

Quote:
Ok, let's talk about the sex issue. My ex who this thread is about is really the only person I've ever tried to have sex with. Before I met him, I knew that I was terrified of gyn exams, inserting tampons, and stuff like that, but I thought that I'd be in a different frame of mind if I were trying to have sex with someone. Well, we tried many times over the course of our 17 month relationship and while we never had intercourse, we did do other stuff that resulted in him getting off. We had other problems though that made me think that maybe he wasn't really the person I should be having sex with anyway, so I stopped trying and broke up with him.

Since I broke up with him, I've only been naked with one other guy and I told him about my issue, so he didn't try to penetrate me. We were only intimate once because he lives in another state, but we had fun and if I could've seen him more often, I probably would've tried it with him at some point.

Aside from those two, I've only told like two other guys who I've dated about my issue, so that means that the majority of the guys who I date never even find out about it because we don't get close to having sex within the 1-4 dates that we have.

Lastly, I would not expect a guy to marry me if intercourse was really important to him. Either we'd have to do it successfully before we got married or I'd have to marry someone who couldn't have intercourse or who was ok with not having it.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:27 PM

4 posts, read 3,719 times
Smile forget the past

YTou have to forgt your ex and try to find other man,like me cause i am single too and i am looking to find the right woman to marry soon,why not you?I invite you to exchange emails in order to know each other better and see if we have chemistry-My mail its ronaldsolispaz@yahoo.com.Reply soon,kisses.

Reply soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships