Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2014, 03:39 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,769,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Yes, that's true. If I were engaged or married, I wouldn't care that he was. It upsets me only because I'm single.
OP:

I went through a very long dry spell when I was not dating anyone.

It was frustrating. It was lonely at times. But I knew I had to live my life and not constantly dwell on the fact that I was single and not dating anyone.

I met my husband back in 2011 at our employers health insurance benefits meeting. We both worked for the same employer.

I was not expecting the two of us to start dating a couple of months later.

But we did, and in 2013 we got married.

So your ex got married, and you are still single. Ok... that sucks. But you never know when you will meet the guy you are supposed to have a relationship with. It may be this year. It may not be this year. You may have to wait longer than a year. In the meantime just enjoy your life and do not constantly dwell on that fact that you are still single and not in any kind of relationship. Take time to work on yourself and on your problems before entering into any kind of relationship. Your sense of entitlement being one problem.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:39 PM

231 posts, read 264,517 times
The new wife is probably very gorgeous and kind and caring.
OR
The new wife is super ugly and mean and rude.

Either way, what difference does that make to your life now?

Old 04-29-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Ok, let's talk about the sex issue. My ex who this thread is about is really the only person I've ever tried to have sex with. Before I met him, I knew that I was terrified of gyn exams, inserting tampons, and stuff like that, but I thought that I'd be in a different frame of mind if I were trying to have sex with someone. Well, we tried many times over the course of our 17 month relationship and while we never had intercourse, we did do other stuff that resulted in him getting off. We had other problems though that made me think that maybe he wasn't really the person I should be having sex with anyway, so I stopped trying and broke up with him.

Since I broke up with him, I've only been naked with one other guy and I told him about my issue, so he didn't try to penetrate me. We were only intimate once because he lives in another state, but we had fun and if I could've seen him more often, I probably would've tried it with him at some point.

Aside from those two, I've only told like two other guys who I've dated about my issue, so that means that the majority of the guys who I date never even find out about it because we don't get close to having sex within the 1-4 dates that we have.

Lastly, I would not expect a guy to marry me if intercourse was really important to him. Either we'd have to do it successfully before we got married or I'd have to marry someone who couldn't have intercourse or who was ok with not having it.
OP:

You do need to work on this issue.

It will become a big problem for you in the future.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,607,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglegirl05 View Post
OP:
So your ex got married, and you are still single. Ok... that sucks. But you never know when you will meet the guy you are supposed to have a relationship with. It may be this year. It may not be this year. You may have to wait longer than a year. In the meantime just enjoy your life and do not constantly dwell on that fact that you are still single and not in any kind of relationship. Take time to work on yourself and on your problems before entering into any kind of relationship. Your sense of entitlement being one problem.
Thanks for the encouragement, but for the record, I don't have a sense of entitlement. I know that my ex and everyone else who's gotten married before me has a right to do so, but I'm just being honest that it makes me feel bad so I came here to vent.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:46 PM

Quote:
OP:

You do need to work on this issue.

It will become a big problem for you in the future.
I'm not saying that I don't need to work on it, but I'm saying that I don't think it's the reason why I don't get past 1-4 dates with most of the guys I go out with...unless I'm supposed to have sex with them within that timeframe. That's really the only thing I could be doing differently.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:47 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,144,476 times
Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement, but for the record, I don't have a sense of entitlement. I know that my ex and everyone else who's gotten married before me has a right to do so, but I'm just being honest that it makes me feel bad so I came here to vent.
That's cool, I still have love you.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:54 PM

Quote:
So I recently discovered that my ex-boyfriend got married and I'm kind of not happy about this. I haven't seen or spoken to him in the five years since we broke up and knew absolutely nothing about what was going on in his life. I assumed he was dating or in a relationship, but not MARRIED!!! I WAS SUPPOSED TO GET MARRIED BEFORE HE DID, BUT I'VE BEEN SINGLE EVER SINCE I BROKE UP WITH HIM.

He wasn't a horrible guy so I guess he deserves to be happy, but . I haven't seen the girl yet, but I really want to know what she looks like.
And you do not have a sense of entitlement?

Going by the bolded part in pink along with the , that is the impression you give.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:56 PM

12,535 posts, read 15,199,673 times
Quote:
Because I'm a loser and he's not?

And what makes you a loser?

Competing with someone you haven't spoken to in five years?

Wanting to snoop around his life to find out what his wife looks like so you can judge her?

Ranting on a message board because someone else found happiness?

Just wondering.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's cool, I still have love you.
Thanks.

Quote:
And you do not have a sense of entitlement?

Going by the bolded part in pink along with the , that is the impression you give.
Well, that might've been the impression, but like I said, I was just venting. No one's "entitled" to fall in love or get married period.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
And what makes you a loser?

Competing with someone you haven't spoken to in five years?

Wanting to snoop around his life to find out what his wife looks like so you can judge her?

Ranting on a message board because someone else found happiness?

Just wondering.
Eh. I'm human, not perfect, and not going to apologize for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships