Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2014, 08:29 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Isn't he a professional type dude... I wonder why he'd want to wrench on cars.. unless it's some form of stress reliever.... Screw that noise... that's why God made mechanics....... to spare me that kind of work on my off hours... LOL...
Yup....he's a "business man" but he's always LOVED anything mechanical. His first degree is in mechanical engineering.

If it's hands-on, he's all over it.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:36 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Yup....he's a "business man" but he's always LOVED anything mechanical. His first degree is in mechanical engineering.

If it's hands-on, he's all over it.
He sounds like a lot of a guys who start out somewhat techie and wind up in management........ I often wonder why that happens to a lot of guys, other than the obvious that the cash is better in management....

I know I've peaked in my position and can't get anymore green unless I join the dark side that is management.....

I've got a project manager that is the best I've ever seen as a techie type, he's for crap as a manager, can't deal with HR issues and just doesn't have the finesse that you need as a manger type.

Funny how this stuff works...

Old 07-02-2014, 08:53 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
He sounds like a lot of a guys who start out somewhat techie and wind up in management........ I often wonder why that happens to a lot of guys, other than the obvious that the cash is better in management....

I know I've peaked in my position and can't get anymore green unless I join the dark side that is management.....

I've got a project manager that is the best I've ever seen as a techie type, he's for crap as a manager, can't deal with HR issues and just doesn't have the finesse that you need as a manger type.

Funny how this stuff works...
He still likes to get dirty in the factory....and he did R&D for a very long time as well as project mgr stuff. He runs a division of the company he's in now.

He likes his job because it's still pretty hands on...that's typically what takes him all over the world (factory visits and suppliers).

It's odd though, because he's pretty quiet in social situations and he can come off as being cold... but stick him in his element and he's a pretty good people-person. The people that work for him seem to like him a lot...he's very fair and he'll stick his neck out for them.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:18 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,570,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
He still likes to get dirty in the factory....and he did R&D for a very long time as well as project mgr stuff. He runs a division of the company he's in now.

He likes his job because it's still pretty hands on...that's typically what takes him all over the world (factory visits and suppliers).

It's odd though, because he's pretty quiet in social situations and he can come off as being cold... but stick him in his element and he's a pretty good people-person. The people that work for him seem to like him a lot...he's very fair and he'll stick his neck out for them.
It depends on the breed of the mechanic. You will find the wrenchers in higher-line shops tend to be more conscious about cleanliness as opposed to part swapping/ lube monkey establishments. Kind of like the one I saw today walking down the street with dirty knees. He had on shorts and his knees were nearly black. I couldn't believe he went to lunch like that.
I remember an assh*ole putting his f*****g handprint on all 4 fenders of my car while doing the state inspection.......my black car.
The next year s**t for brains left a greasy arm print on my door panel. He was recipient of explicit language from your truly.
I haven't been back since.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:28 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times
I don't feel like I've accomplished anything working on my Jeep if I'm not covered in grease and gunk up to my elbows when I'm done. lol

Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I don't feel like I've accomplished anything working on my Jeep if I'm not covered in grease and gunk up to my elbows when I'm done. lol
Yeah, but do you clean your nails? Shall we book you an appointment?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:49 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times

Killer almost killed a raccoon but it run up the tree . The raccoon was big about 20 pounds so yea that what i had to deal with at 5am . She was killed small animals before and a few rats she play with them by trowing them in the air and catching them . Also she killed a mole but we had no mole holes in the yard she brought it into the house. I am not to happy she killed a baby bunny but that is life. It is crazy we had a rabbit before and she did do anything to it but lick it to death. One thing she found a turtle and had it in her mouth and she let me take it out of her mouth and I put it back.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:51 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Sounds like a perfect day, Mags. (Nice of you to watch out for your neighbor.)

Juno looks so happy.

Oh, and Happy Belated Canada Day (since it was brought to my attention, LOL)! Your card's in the mail.

Thanks

Old 07-02-2014, 09:52 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Yeah, but do you clean your nails? Shall we book you an appointment?
Once i get into nursing school i know i am going to need a pedicure because who wants to be touched with hands that look gross.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:52 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
I remember being in my late teens and early twenties and changing the oil in my bucket, man... what a PITA, I do get how you get a sense of accomplishment doing it, but jiffy lube has sales where they change the oil and top off all the fluids check tire pressure for 29.99...

Sounds good to me.....

I remember changing the oil then trying to figure out where to take it, this was back in the day when the parts houses didn't take the oil, so you were stuck trying to find a place to dump it, that and the filter too.

Again... 29.99 and you're out in 30 min.......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships