Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 06:11 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,211 times

Advertisements

Last Friday I met this guy at a bar. We saw each other across the room, had an instant connection. Talked awhile, danced, kissed, and then I left with some friends. I gave him my name and number. That night he texted me that he really liked talking to me and would love to take me out on Sunday if I was free. I said ok. The next morning he found me on facebook- we had a short/fun conversation on there, confirmed our date for Sunday. We ended up seeing eachother Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of this week- I know, a lot. We get along great, have a ton in common, share common life goals, are attracted to each other, have fun, etc. It almost seemed too perfect honestly.

Anyway, last night involved a sleepover and we did sleep together. This morning I was at the door saying goodbye to him. He's going out of town for two nights. He told me he would miss me (I smiled. It was cute). Then he told me he loved me, kissed me and left. WHAT? That totally freaked me out, but I called my best friend and she convinced me to talk to him about it when he gets back rather than dismissing it as crazy/weird. THEN he sent me a text about an hour ago telling me that he arrived safely and that he loves me again. DOUBLE WHAT. I didn't respond yet.

And for background- he's a little younger than me (mid 20s), is in law school, seems really well adjusted, clean cut, nice guy. I have never had this happen before and it's totally freaking me out. Is this as weird as it seems to me? I definitely am very interested in him and was enjoying what we had going on, but I definitely am NOT in love with him yet!? How would you guys handle this?

Last edited by brooklyn1234; 05-23-2014 at 06:28 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 06:14 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,850,918 times
Run.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:16 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,230,433 times
I would wait and see if he actually contacts you when he gets back into town.
He took you on a few dates, kissed within a few hours of meeting, had a sleepover and sex in less than a week of meeting.
There is a 50% chance he will call and a 50% chance he won't call.
Don't jump to conclusions and make a decision based on what your friends say. Wait and see what happens in a few days then make your own decision in regards to what you should do about this situation in your life.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:19 PM

8,923 posts, read 7,719,216 times
Damn it! Raena stole what I was gonna say!!!

Old 05-23-2014, 06:20 PM

510 posts, read 1,443,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
I would wait and see if he actually contacts you when he gets back into town.
He took you on a few dates, kissed within a few hours of meeting, had a sleepover and sex in less than a week of meeting.
There is a 50% chance he will call and a 50% chance he won't call.
Don't jump to conclusions and make a decision based on what your friends say. Wait and see what happens in a few days then make your own decision in regards to what you should do about this situation in your life.
We have plans for Monday and I also got a text paragraph about how glad he is that we met after he left today. I think he's pretty serious about pursuing it. I mean it's all sweet stuff he's saying, it just seems so so soon. And asking my friends (/on here too) was more for me to make sure I'm not flipping out about nothing and that my concern is somewhat justified, lol. I don't plan on making a decision based on it. Just wanted to see if I was right in that it does raise a bit of a red flag.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:22 PM

774 posts, read 906,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1234 View Post
Last Friday I met this guy at a bar. We saw each other across the room, had an instant connection. Talked awhile, danced, kissed, and then I left with some friends. I gave him my name and number. That night he texted me that he really liked talking to me and would love to take me out on Sunday if I was free. I said ok. The next morning he found me on facebook- we had a short/fun conversation on there, confirmed our date for Sunday. We ended up seeing eachother Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Thursday of this week- I know, a lot. We get along great, have a ton in common, share common life goals, are attracted to each other, have fun, etc. It almost seemed too perfect honestly.

Anyway, last night involved a sleepover and we did sleep together. This morning I was at the door saying goodbye to him. He's going out of town for two nights. He told me he would miss me (I smiled. It was cute). Then he told me he loved me, kissed me and left. WHAT? That totally freaked me out but I called my best friend and she convinced me to talk to him about it when he gets back rather than dismissing it as crazy/weird. THEN he sent me a text about an hour ago telling me that he arrived safely and that he loves me again. DOUBLE WHAT. I didn't respond yet.

And for background- he's a little younger than me (mid 20s), is in law school, seems really well adjusted, clean cut, nice guy. I have never had this happen before and it's totally freaking me out. Is this as weird as it seems to me? I definitely am very interested in him and was enjoying what we had going on, but I definitely am NOT in love with him yet!? How would you guys handle this?
He loves you, you don't have to love him yet.

Take it slow, see what happens.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:25 PM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
So, if he's in law school, I'm thinking you both are young? If you are, then you don't need to have a bunch of baggage about motives. Be open and willing to see where the relationship goes. Fairytales do happen.

Old 05-23-2014, 06:35 PM

1,765 posts, read 2,196,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Run.
This ↑↑↑↑ Trust your instincts!!!

Old 05-23-2014, 06:43 PM

10,214 posts, read 17,869,223 times
Red flag.

Mental Health Matters

"2. Quick Attachment and Expression "The Loser" has very shallow emotions and connections with others. One of the things that might attract you to "The Loser" is how quickly he or she says "I Love You" or wants to marry or commit to you. Typically, in less than a few weeks of dating you'll hear that you're the love of their life, they want to be with you forever, and they want to marry you. You'll receive gifts, a variety of promises, and be showered with their attention and nice gestures. This is the "honeymoon phase" - where they catch you and convince you that they are the best thing that ever happened to you. Remember the business saying "If it's too good to be true it probably is (too good to be true)!" You may be so overwhelmed by this display of instant attraction, instant commitment, and instant planning for the future that you'll miss the major point - it doesn't make sense!! Normal, healthy individuals require a long process to develop a relationship because there is so much at stake. Healthy individuals will wait for a lot of information before offering a commitment - not three weeks. It's true that we can become infatuated with others quickly - but not make such unrealistic promises and have the future planned after three dates. The rapid warm-up is always a sign of shallow emotions which later cause "The Loser" to detach from you as quickly as they committed. "The Loser" typically wants to move in with you or marry you in less than four weeks or very early in the relationship."

Old 05-23-2014, 07:23 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,387,103 times
Considering everything else you said about him and how you enjoyed eachother's company...

If you think a couple of premature "I love you"s are dealbreakers, I'm going to slap my computer screen in hopes you feel it.

Seriously.

Oh, and if he'll **** you, be prepared for him to love you as well. I know, it's a sad world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships