Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-17-2014, 11:48 PM

9,008 posts, read 13,847,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
everyone keep saying give off a vibe, Idon't know how to do that though. Sometimes they ignore me, refuse to make eye contact and sometimes they don't smile back. It all just makes me feel bad.
I Know this is old,but it really is the area we live in,which is NJ for both of us.

Lots of women i know say the same thing,and at first i thought it was because i was unattractive,but no,that is not it. (It could be that Nyc men have a lower threshhold for beauty)
We all had the one thing in common...we all lived in NJ,esp northern NJ.
I could not figure it out until i noticed i got approached 1000x more often in Nyc and Virginia than in northern NJ.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:10 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times
Look friendly.

Old 09-18-2014, 08:26 AM

4,575 posts, read 5,195,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
I Know this is old,but it really is the area we live in,which is NJ for both of us.

Lots of women i know say the same thing,and at first i thought it was because i was unattractive,but no,that is not it. (It could be that Nyc men have a lower threshhold for beauty)
I could not figure it out until i noticed i got approached 1000x more often in Nyc and Virginia than in northern NJ.
Yeah. Too late for advice, as the OP doesn't seem to come here anymore. He was pretty depressed, and lonely. Hope she's ok. But who knows.

Best to let the thread die again.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:14 AM

58 posts, read 59,634 times
I just thumbed through the entire thread and clicked your profile. It makes a lot of sense why you are having a lot of trouble outside of AS.

Old 09-18-2014, 10:17 AM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post

I've heard from friends visiting NYC, that the city's pretty friendly toward women.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:03 AM

2,401 posts, read 3,644,439 times
I don't know, I think I'm frustrated about never being approached. I've been out more often and take care of myself, but NONE of these thousands and thousands of handsome men are interested in knowing me. I mean not one. I see guys every now and then just looking at me but they never SAY anything. So I think they must just enjoy the view but aren't curious. There are just so many attractive men I see everyday and don't know what to do about none of them being interested in me.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:08 AM

I saw this really cute guy today. Young, though, in his 20's. He was just watching me walk down the street but didn't say anything. Then I saw him again this afternoon at a restaurant where I was getting lunch. He was with three of his guys and they all were on lunch together and all work in construction. He didn't say anything! He looked nervous, he did see me but didn't say a word.

And he's really cute. Not as tall as I usually like, but about 5'10. Dark, beautiful curly hair, long dark eyelashes, nice chubby physique, and in his working boots. He wears glasses. I thought he was very attractive.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:10 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,995,252 times
Why would a random guy that just sees you, doesn't know you, isn't introduced to you, and you aren't sharing an activity, approach you at all? I can't imagine just walking up to random person and saying what? You're cute, lets have coffee? What a waste of an effort and pretty creepy, really.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Why would a random guy that just sees you, doesn't know you, isn't introduced to you, and you aren't sharing an activity, approach you at all? I can't imagine just walking up to random person and saying what? You're cute, lets have coffee? What a waste of an effort and pretty creepy, really.
It happens every day, why not? Since when is it rude to show a stranger that you think they're attractive and would like to get to know them better? Maybe in your taste but not mine. I like directness and honesty. If a man is interested, there's no other way I would know that unless he speaks up and tells me.

And maybe instead of "hey you're cute let's have coffee," you could complement that I look very nice, then ask where I'm from for starters and where I'm headed. Introduce yourself to me then ask me my name.I don't think that's creepy at all; I think it's kind and considerate.

Old 09-18-2014, 11:29 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yiuppy View Post
It happens every day, why not? Since when is it rude to show a stranger that you think they're attractive and would like to get to know them better? Maybe in your taste but not mine. I like directness and honesty. If a man is interested, there's no other way I would know that unless he speaks up and tells me.

And maybe instead of "hey you're cute let's have coffee," you could complement that I look very nice, then ask where I'm from for starters and where I'm headed. Introduce yourself to me then ask me my name.I don't think that's creepy at all; I think it's kind and considerate.
Why can't you do the same when you think a guy is attractive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships