Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2014, 06:46 PM

240 posts, read 240,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
I don't hate myself. I just don't enjoy life because there's nothing in it for me. That's not the same thing. I'm sorry but I don't volunteering at animal shelters is the same thing as having a partner and someone to share your life with. Personally I would rather be dead then sit around animal shelters and call that a life.
You started out saying you don't hate yourself, but then go on to explain all the reasons you do.

Alright, I'm out, then. Why did you start the thread if you're going to systematically dismiss everything???

You realize what you're basically saying is that all your problems aren't your responsibility, and that if you'd just get into a relationship, you'd be cured.

I'm sorry, but it's absurd.

Old 06-16-2014, 06:52 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceShamWow View Post
You started out saying you don't hate yourself, but then go on to explain all the reasons you do.

Alright, I'm out, then. Why did you start the thread if you're going to systematically dismiss everything???

You realize what you're basically saying is that all your problems aren't your responsibility, and that if you'd just get into a relationship, you'd be cured.

I'm sorry, but it's absurd.

I wasn't dismissing everything I was explaining myself but whatever. bye I guess.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:09 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,029 times
Quote:
I don't hate myself. I just don't enjoy life because there's nothing in it for me. That's not the same thing. I'm sorry but I don't think volunteering at animal shelters is the same thing as having a partner and someone to share your life with. Personally I would rather be dead then sit around animal shelters and call that a life.
What good would it do to share your life with someone if you don't have things you care about? So that you could share being bored with someone else?

You don't need a partner in order to make your life more interesting.

If you don't like animal shelters, find something you do care about. If you have Asperger's you probably have things you're passionate about. Go seek that out! Why not? What do you have to lose?

Old 06-16-2014, 07:11 PM

And it doesn't have to be volunteering either. Seek out your passion, and you will find ways to make a positive impact.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:13 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
I know you said you're single and in a way that's what you're missing, you actually had choices to be single or not. That's the issue. You even have a potential interest now, not that I'm saying it isn't a good thing. Well what's wrong with seeking validation from the opposite sex like everyone else, that you are in fact not a freak of nature?
Well, what's wrong with being a freak of nature?

You are not guaranteed to get validation from the opposite sex. It becomes a problem for you if you are not getting it. You'll have to find another source for validation. (Believe me, I had to)

I may have options now, but that wasn't always the case. There were times when I was more often looked at with disgusted looks, than smiles (even though I did get a smile every once in a while). All the way up until last year in fact.

Not only did none of the opposite sex want me, it got worse in a rather insulting way (not going to say because I told the story over and over, I'll just say it was disturbing and disgusting.)

I can relate to the hopelessness. The only way I could see to respond is by looking for something else to fill that void. It could be getting a dog, cats, (everyone better leave the cat lady alone, I know a cat lady and she's a great person) It could be Jesus, taking up various activities, doing charity work.

And I was hopeless. I was the type of person where if anyone ask a woman about going out with me, she would literally gag.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:17 PM

You're right. I can't diagnose myself. But so far, the professionals I've met can't diagnose me either. One very useful (hee hee) diagnosis I actually had written down on my "chart" was personality disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I have characteristics of many of the personality disorders. For example, its hard to tell if I'm avoidant, schizotypal, and/or schizoid. Whatever it is, I'm eccentic. I actually don't think I have Asperger's. But some docs have strongly suspected I do.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:22 PM

9,301 posts, read 8,353,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
You're right. I can't diagnose myself. But so far, the professionals I've met can't diagnose me either. One very useful (hee hee) diagnosis I actually had written down on my "chart" was personality disorder Not Otherwise Specified. I have characteristics of many of the personality disorders. For example, its hard to tell if I'm avoidant, schizotypal, and/or schizoid. Whatever it is, I'm eccentic. I actually don't think I have Asperger's. But some docs have strongly suspected I do.
That is true for me too.

I don't know what I have. For fun I have taken online personality disorder tests and tested high for schizotypal, however I don't really believe I have it. But then again, crazy people don't think they crazy.

...I do know for sure that something ain't right upstairs in my house.

Old 06-16-2014, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
That is true for me too.

I don't know what I have. For fun I have taken online personality disorder tests and tested high for schizotypal, however I don't really believe I have it. But then again, crazy people don't think they crazy.

...I do know for sure that something ain't right upstairs in my house.
I've taken probably the same test and I've scored highest on histrionic. What? Attention *****? Me?

Old 06-16-2014, 08:33 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,732 times
Quote:
I wasn't dismissing everything I was explaining myself but whatever. bye I guess.
No great loss, OP. Have you tried joining groups, sharing activities with people so they can get to know you? A newspaper article recently said that's what most people have to do, in order to get noticed. Most women don't get approached, except rarely, from what I've read and what I've been told by women.

Old 06-16-2014, 08:58 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Well, what's wrong with being a freak of nature?

You are not guaranteed to get validation from the opposite sex. It becomes a problem for you if you are not getting it. You'll have to find another source for validation. (Believe me, I had to)

I may have options now, but that wasn't always the case. There were times when I was more often looked at with disgusted looks, than smiles (even though I did get a smile every once in a while). All the way up until last year in fact.

Not only did none of the opposite sex want me, it got worse in a rather insulting way (not going to say because I told the story over and over, I'll just say it was disturbing and disgusting.)

I can relate to the hopelessness.
The only way I could see to respond is by looking for something else to fill that void. It could be getting a dog, cats, (everyone better leave the cat lady alone, I know a cat lady and she's a great person) It could be Jesus, taking up various activities, doing charity work.

And I was hopeless. I was the type of person where if anyone ask a woman about going out with me, she would literally gag.

well you are lucky to have options now. I've been looking into getting a dog from petfinder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships