Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2014, 05:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,886,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Okay, a lot of things that are worthwhile, you are going to get rejected. You are going to face disappointment, and yes it stings, it hurts, it discourages.

Look take time off to assess everything. You may end up with someone, you may end up alone. I may end up alone,

However it all works out, Doll Eyes, just remember one thing...

You are not a loser!!!

Old 06-15-2014, 06:10 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,738,038 times
Quote:
Okay, a lot of things that are worthwhile, you are going to get rejected. You are going to face disappointment, and yes it stings, it hurts, it discourages.

Look take time off to assess everything. You may end up with someone, you may end up alone. I may end up alone,

You are not a loser!!!

Loser or no, I just don't consider life worth living if ultimately you are going to be alone. What was the whole point then? No family or partner of your own.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:16 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:

You are not a loser!!!
Classy post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Loser or no, I just don't consider life worth living if ultimately you are going to be alone. What was the whole point then? No family or partner of your own.
Well... I don't want to sit here and tell you how fabulous life is, cause it's hard at times, but I do know that there are moments of pleasantness and we should savior those.

Hang in there.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:20 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
as i have said many times, you have to be content with yourself first. you are responsible for your own happiness not someone else. once you achieve that, then the rest is down hill. be happy and confident in yourself, and guys will flock to you.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:33 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,029 times
Quote:
There's more to life than having a partner. You can make hundreds of positive impacts if you set your mind to it.

Breeding isn't that big a deal. Even moths and cockroaches can do that. So if you don't raise a family of your own, don't worry. You can do something more important than that.

Old 06-15-2014, 06:43 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post
There's more to life than having a partner. You can make hundreds of positive impacts if you set your mind to it.

Breeding isn't that big a deal. Even moths and cockroaches can do that. So if you don't raise a family of your own, don't worry. You can do something more important than that.
well said. doll eyes, why not become a big sister? that way you can mentor a young boy or girl, and teach them things that you learned over the years, and help them get a good start in life. and help them avoid the pitfalls you might have fallen into over the years.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
as i have said many times, you have to be content with yourself first. you are responsible for your own happiness not someone else. once you achieve that, then the rest is down hill. be happy and confident in yourself, and guys will flock to you.

I am fine with my job and everything like that. I just don't beleive 'be happy with yourself first' -- like I said I'm fine with the things I have and I don't see any men flocking, never have.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davros View Post

that's all filler though isn't it? Having impacts all over the place. You could I guess, fill your life up with all kinds of things but to me you still have to go home to nothing worth anything at night. I don't even want kids really, but it's not like I've ever had the option with someone either. Having a partner means having someone to do things with in life instead of doing everything alone all the damn time. You will also fit into society better, I would imagine.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:19 PM

3,603 posts, read 5,941,029 times
Quote:
that's all filler though isn't it? Having impacts all over the place. You could I guess, fill your life up with all kinds of things but to me you still have to go home to nothing worth anything at night. I don't even want kids really, but it's not like I've ever had the option with someone either. Having a partner means having someone to do things with in life instead of doing everything alone all the damn time. You will also fit into society better, I would imagine.
I can't say anything to help because I'm in the same boat. But I have the benefit of having Asperger's or schizotypal personality disorder or something that makes me not mind coming home to an empty house or doing things by myself. I do wish I had people to play tennis with, though. I guess I could join a league, but if I had friends that were tennis partners I could play all the time. I don't mind going to events like pro basketball games and concerts by myself.

But I do know that inside I feel lonely, so I know what you're feeling. And I recognize that it sucks.

Old 06-15-2014, 07:28 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,850,935 times
Quote:
well? How are they able to do that?
By having a beating heart?

Seriously though, I think there is a chasm between women getting approached and mostly it has everything to do with natural god given looks.

I think if you are white and on the 'cute/pretty' side, it is very, very easy. The question your whole life just kind of becomes "Can you find someone that fits your needs?" There's so many such girls by where my parents live, and I can't imagine how much attention they get over the course of their lives.

I think for other women who are maybe not white or as pretty, it is more difficult, but in due time, many guys closer to their level will approach them.

If you are a woman and you have really never been approached, then your life is just like us guys who are in the same boat. You step, take a deep breath, get ready for the mass rejection, and hope someone will give you a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships