Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:37 PM

7,829 posts, read 11,790,682 times

Advertisements

I really don't understand the concept of Tinder for normal dating. If you are looking for a meaningful relationship then how can you do it only on the basis of a picture? How is that better than a picture and a profile? It seems backwards for regular dating.

I can understand it's appeal for pure hookups but as I stated in my other thread lots of women state "no hookups" then what is it supposed to be if you're only choosing a woman by her picture? Lots of other women in my other thread vehemently argued that it is a legit dating site where you can find the man of your dreams. Baloney I say!! In my view it's only for hookups and the women on there are absolutely delusional. If a sizable number of men on a regular dating site are looking for hookups then a site with only a picture and absent any other information, a purely superficial choice, is going to yield something better? Are you kidding me?

I have never understood and I guess I WILL never understand the "logic" women use...sigh!

Old 07-16-2014, 07:44 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post
I really don't understand the concept of Tinder for normal dating. If you are looking for a meaningful relationship then how can you do it only on the basis of a picture? How is that better than a picture and a profile? It seems backwards for regular dating.

I can understand it's appeal for pure hookups but as I stated in my other thread lots of women state "no hookups" then what is it supposed to be if you're only choosing a woman by her picture? Lots of other women in my other thread vehemently argued that it is a legit dating site where you can find the man of your dreams. Baloney I say!! In my view it's only for hookups and the women on there are absolutely delusional. If a sizable number of men on a regular dating site are looking for hookups then a site with only a picture and absent any other information, a purely superficial choice, is going to yield something better? Are you kidding me?

I have never understood and I guess I WILL never understand the "logic" women use...sigh!
The pictures help you decide quickly whether you find someone attractive enough to have a conversation with. The conversations help you decide whether you want to meet in person. Meeting in person helps you decide if there's any relationship potential. What's hard about that?

Old 07-16-2014, 08:14 PM

600 posts, read 824,842 times
Well Tinder is a hook up app so sexual intercourse is the objective. It's so annoying when girls are on it then say no hook ups or are mad when men want sex.

That's like going to a steak house and being upset there are no vegetarian options.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:18 PM

I have my Tinder now set at age 21-25. 21 bc it's the legal drinking age and 25 is the cut off point.....that's pushing it may be even 24 instead.

Most women older than 25 are usually not open to hooking up and get mad when I suggest it so I just avoid higher than that age group.

I did come across one that was 26 and was open to hooking up but she came across too jaded and bitter and I didn't want to hear it so I just blocked her.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:45 PM

432 posts, read 491,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
I wasn't just talking about the single mom thing. You've made a few comments about women not being up to your standards for various reasons.
God forbid a guy have some standards. Only women get to have standards, after all. My bad.

At the end of the day, I right swipe a lot of women. Where I might be selective in some areas, I make up by being open in others.

Old 07-16-2014, 09:29 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
The pictures help you decide quickly whether you find someone attractive enough to have a conversation with. The conversations help you decide whether you want to meet in person. Meeting in person helps you decide if there's any relationship potential. What's hard about that?
It is an easy way to expand your pool. I went on a few dates. One I even had a mutual acquaintance with. We even went to many of the same work conferences. I found a new conference happy hour buddy. *

*too bad he was in hookup mode. We went out a couple times but he was actually totally in line with what I'd call relationship material. :P. Oh well we are still in touch and even crossed the bridge into Facebook friends. Maybe the timing will work out better when he is over the I am having fun after my divorce phase. . He usually hooked up with sorority girls and reality was we just had too much real stuff in common.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:51 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLMG View Post
I have my Tinder now set at age 21-25. 21 bc it's the legal drinking age and 25 is the cut off point.....that's pushing it may be even 24 instead.

Most women older than 25 are usually not open to hooking up and get mad when I suggest it so I just avoid higher than that age group.

I did come across one that was 26 and was open to hooking up but she came across too jaded and bitter and I didn't want to hear it so I just blocked her.
I strongly disagree with the above. There's a plethora of horny cougars out there, my friend.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:53 PM

918 posts, read 1,697,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k374 View Post

You see a picture, then you meet in person and see if there's chemistry.

Just like in real life - first you see someone, then you get to know them better.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:55 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,611,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by variant View Post
God forbid a guy have some standards. Only women get to have standards, after all. My bad.
Nowhere did I say a guy couldn't have standards. I said that you seem picky. It wasn't meant to be an insult. Just my observation.

If you have any text beneath your Tinder photos, you might want to get rid of it in case you wrote something offputting.

Old 07-17-2014, 12:13 AM

I have had very little success with ages above 25. It might just be my luck. I did get rid of all my suit pics and just put things that show off my physique.

The suit pics scream LTR. I did talk for awhile to some really nice women over 25 who would have been decent gfs.

I'd certainly be open to cougars as well as they have more maturity but most are looking for a husband or something....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships