Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy your ONS
Yes, I enjoyed it 41 75.93%
No, I didn't enjoy it 13 24.07%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 10:39 PM

37,626 posts, read 46,026,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Lots of yes answers. I've never had one. Not sure if I'd like it.
The two I enjoyed were both really nice guys...and both from out of town, so it was really not possible for anything more to happen. We had a wonderful time when we met - hit it off instantly. I thoroughly enjoyed their company, and if they had lived here, I'm pretty sure there would have been more to it. The one that I did NOT enjoy, was an arrogant ahole, and I was a naive dweeb. Of course HE lived here. I very much regret spending even one minute with that jerk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 10:49 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
So...wait. Did you c-block yourself here? lol

No it the only time no one C blocked me. I have had guy friends C block me before he even had a GF at the time so do not know what hes deal was . Last i heard is that he was gay looking back it kind of added up but never though anything of it.

I just do not count it to my total because woman do not view things like that as a good thing.

I do not tell many people this because they would not believe it to be true. Also she was far from ugly and not fat at all just think how i like them and we used her place .

Old 06-19-2014, 10:53 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Even if the sex is bad (usually a bit awkward) during your "one night stand", you all still enjoyed it in the moment. Cause it's exciting, mysterious, you don't know how it will play out and it's someone new who will most likely provide new experiences. If all those elements were not there, you would not have found yourselves in the situation to begin with.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:03 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,351,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Lots of yes answers. I've never had one. Not sure if I'd like it.
It takes a certain type to bed total stranger and not see that person ever again.

I doubt, you're that type.

Old 06-19-2014, 11:28 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,644,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I was thinking one guy c-blocking those few women?

@anyrate, horseshoes and hand grenades. A guy needs to strike when the iron is hot.
yep but i do not get guys the C block other guys ? what is up with that? It reminds me of an joke a comedian told once. He said he would never C block another frind he just tell him to leave the phone off the hook so he can drop a hot load on to his chest.

I got C blocked once when I was down in the 503 I do not recall the bar i was drifting in and out of a black out . All i recall is me bar hoping with people i did not know to well . I was at this one bar just minding my own business and this girl walk over to me she was not drunk she just held out her hand and said her name and we started talking and one of her friends took her away she was cute too.

Old 06-20-2014, 12:13 AM

10,855 posts, read 6,374,299 times
Sometimes yes, sometimes no (so didn't vote). More often no than yes.
Sometimes I wasn't aware that it was going to turn out to be a ONS...until after the fact.

Generally, though, I don't regret making those choices-
I did what seemed like a good idea at the time, see no point in criticizing my younger self.

Old 06-20-2014, 01:01 AM

10,930 posts, read 11,730,962 times
I've had a number of one-night stands, or at least they started that way. I can only think of a few that were not exciting.

I'm not even sure non-night stand is the right term. My expectation was always that, if the sex was good, i'd usually follow up...as in the case of my wife.

I think the common misconceptions that women who engage in one-night stands are either "easy", or looking to use sex as marriage bait, or do it to avoid entangling alliances are not usually correct. While i was together with women who fit all these stereotypes, i'd say the main reasons were that they really enjoyed sex and this was the way to get quick satisfaction when they needed that for whatever reasons, and it was often quite easy to get a positive response if i indicated i would be interested in seeing them again.

Last edited by Frihed89; 06-20-2014 at 01:25 AM..

Old 06-20-2014, 02:26 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,331,642 times
Yes, I enjoyed it.
Nothing like having unpredictable sex with a handsome, mysterious stranger.

Last edited by weltschmerz; 06-20-2014 at 03:28 AM..

Old 06-20-2014, 02:57 AM

1,922 posts, read 3,987,752 times
Yes, I enjoyed one of them.

The other one was really interested in me and I didn't feel the same way, so I never returned their call.

Old 06-20-2014, 03:03 AM

11,375 posts, read 9,289,994 times
It only happened twice, 1976 and 1996. Both times I did not want it to be a one time only thing but that's how it ended up. I was never into that.

Both were great, especially the one in 1996 which may have been the best sex I ever had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships