Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 04:54 PM

133 posts, read 183,041 times

Advertisements

My friend tells me that she's never seen her husband (of six years) cry. I was shocked when she told me that! I'd say my DH cries about once a month, depending, of course, on what else is going on.

Also, does your SO like being left alone or comforted/hugged? My husband definitely wants me to hug him and ask him about what's wrong, etc., but he's a pretty emotional and open guy in general. My dad was the complete opposite; the couple of times I saw him cry, he tried way too hard to hide it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 PM

9,444 posts, read 17,381,037 times
I had seen my husband cry and I mean really cry with tears streaming down his face just a couple of times in over a decade. It was one of the most touching and endearing things I had seen from him. When he had his head on my lap and I was stroking his hair while he was crying, I felt the closest to him than I've ever been. However, he is not the type to show this type of raw emotion. He does like to be comforted and hugged though.

Old 07-29-2011, 04:58 PM

530 posts, read 779,659 times
Oh, no, are they showing Little House on the prairie reruns again??

Turn that thing off!!
Attached Images

Old 07-29-2011, 04:59 PM

17,869 posts, read 20,992,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalianIce View Post
My friend tells me that she's never seen her husband (of six years) cry. I was shocked when she told me that! I'd say my DH cries about once a month, depending, of course, on what else is going on.

Also, does your SO like being left alone or comforted/hugged? My husband definitely wants me to hug him and ask him about what's wrong, etc., but he's a pretty emotional and open guy in general. My dad was the complete opposite; the couple of times I saw him cry, he tried way too hard to hide it.
I haven't cried since my mom past away, which was a little more than 7 years ago.

I'm an emotional guy, but I'm not much of a crier. My old man raised me to be "the rock" if you will.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:12 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
As far as I can recall, once when his grandfather died, once when our first child was born.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:13 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,277,719 times
I guess it is just one of those things where society expects men to NOT be sentimental which is comparable to how society expects women to NOT be honest and straight about their sexuality. Some women might consider a guy to be vulnerable, weak, a pansy, not manly, someone who won’t be able to protect her, etc. Some women might consider it acceptable. Others may be in the middle.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:15 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
I guess it is just one of those things where society expects men to NOT be sentimental which is comparable to how society expects women to NOT be honest and straight about their sexuality. Some women might consider a guy to be vulnerable, weak, a pansy, not manly, someone who won’t be able to protect her, etc. Some women might consider it acceptable. Others may be in the middle.
So how often do you cry? Do you find it easy to cry, or do you feel that you should hide it or stop yourself?

Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
How the heck did you get this from this thread??? Never miss an opportunity to put women down, do you - even when it has nothing to do with the thread at al!!!

I've seen my husband cry maybe 10 times or so. How he wants to be treated has depended on the situation. When he proposed and we were both crying - of course we hugged and kissed and celebrated. When he found out a tragedy having to do with his friends - he wanted to be left alone. My first instinct is always to hug and comfort - but he doesn't always want that. In fact - sometimes that just makes him push me away. In my other relationships - the men were more emotional and cried more frequently. They wanted to be hugged. Just depends on the person.

Old 07-29-2011, 05:24 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Im a guy, and I have to say that I know my wife has never seen me do the whole really cry-cry thing. She's seen me a few time with the watery eyes at stuff like NFL Hall Of Fame ceremonies, at the Kick-A$$ movie with the little kung fu/hit girl taking revenge on the guys who killed her father, and maybe when Moofasa got killed in Lion King.

Oh, I remember, she saw actual tears rolling down my face after my dog died. This was in December. Still just so broken up about my dog. Good thing is, when you chicks see your men so upset that we cry, you tend to really go all out (if you know what I mean) in giving us sex right after.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:21 PM

31,027 posts, read 22,064,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Im a guy, and I have to say that I know my wife has never seen me do the whole really cry-cry thing. She's seen me a few time with the watery eyes at stuff like NFL Hall Of Fame ceremonies, at the Kick-A$$ movie with the little kung fu/hit girl taking revenge on the guys who killed her father, and maybe when Moofasa got killed in Lion King.

Oh, I remember, she saw actual tears rolling down my face after my dog died. This was in December. Still just so broken up about my dog. Good thing is, when you chicks see your men so upset that we cry, you tend to really go all out (if you know what I mean) in giving us sex right after.
The last LTR I was in I cried often but never got sex out of it. When we finally split up I stopped crying and also got sex more often but not from her!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships