Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2014, 09:33 PM

8,518 posts, read 15,646,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
IDK.. Seems to be a lot of people here who aren't having much luck with OLD. Just saying.
That's because online dating isn't simply about luck. If you wrote a bad profile, you won't get results. If you're messaging people whose requirements you don't fit, you won't get results. If you're being unrealistic about what you want in a partner, you won't get results. I'm not saying online dating comes with a guarantee of success. But it seems like a lot of the people complaining about their lack of success with online dating would rather blame online dating than look at their own behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2014, 09:20 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,984 times
I'm more into the girl next door type. Not into "goddesses" or "models".

Instead of Kate Upton or Gisele Bundchen, I'm more into Amy Adams, Jennifer Morrison or Sandra Bullock types.

So "girl next door" type is more "down to earth" and you can win her heart by just being YOU.

The model type is often into Ferraris, high expense dinners, discos and such. Not my cup of tea.

I've discovered that women are drawn to confidence, when a man has "self confidence" that's a plus.

Also chivalry helps...but that deserves another forum.

Old 08-09-2014, 09:28 AM

943 posts, read 1,004,792 times
Oh my gawsh skywalker, do you know how many times this has been hashed out here? I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or four guys who come here specifically to vent about how much they hate concepts like chivalry and being gentlemanly.
I think they're a little 'off' but, I do believe most women like to be treated as if they are special, at least to the guy who is interested in them. I'm glad to know at least one guy out there has his head on right.

Old 08-09-2014, 10:23 AM

1,423 posts, read 1,394,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Oh my gawsh skywalker, do you know how many times this has been hashed out here? I'm pretty sure there are at least 3 or four guys who come here specifically to vent about how much they hate concepts like chivalry and being gentlemanly.
I think they're a little 'off' but, I do believe most women like to be treated as if they are special, at least to the guy who is interested in them. I'm glad to know at least one guy out there has his head on right.
Thanks, that's natural in me, I open doors and such for female friends as well. Not just for "prospects" or something like that.

Old 08-11-2014, 12:40 AM

1,059 posts, read 1,208,610 times
dating is a numbers game so its good to date alot of "different people" with different personalities with who look different (fat skinny, black, etc..)

Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 AM

1,806 posts, read 1,738,449 times
The prettiest women I know really aren't single for very long when their status changes.

Old 08-11-2014, 09:33 AM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I would and have. I had an obese friend who couldn't understand why younger thinner women didn't want him. I told him either to date women like him or work on getting in shape.
Isn't that exactly what MY OP stated?

rofl you just simply reworded it.

Old 08-11-2014, 10:42 AM

4,523 posts, read 3,408,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
That's because online dating isn't simply about luck. If you wrote a bad profile, you won't get results. If you're messaging people whose requirements you don't fit, you won't get results. If you're being unrealistic about what you want in a partner, you won't get results. I'm not saying online dating comes with a guarantee of success. But it seems like a lot of the people complaining about their lack of success with online dating would rather blame online dating than look at their own behavior.
I tried online dating in the past. I had written a good profile, never messaged people who I feel were incompatible with me, had standards (but wasn't extremely picky by any means), etc. Yet, I still had no success.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
Isn't that exactly what MY OP stated?

rofl you just simply reworded it.
I was answering a question but telling an obese middle aged man not to reach so high is a bit different than telling someone to bypass their morals which many do. Many get the two confused when they aren't. If he had stated for example that he wanted a virgin and he was one (I have no idea if he was or not)I would understand it. If he wanted a virgin and slept with 1000 women then I'd tell him he's wrong. I don't date dads and get attacked for it, though I have no kids. If I had kids and refused to date dads that would be unreasonable.

Old 08-11-2014, 11:49 AM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I was answering a question but telling an obese middle aged man not to reach so high is a bit different than telling someone to bypass their morals which many do. Many get the two confused when they aren't. If he had stated for example that he wanted a virgin and he was one (I have no idea if he was or not)I would understand it. If he wanted a virgin and slept with 1000 women then I'd tell him he's wrong. I don't date dads and get attacked for it, though I have no kids. If I had kids and refused to date dads that would be unreasonable.
Who attacks you for not dating dads?

And can you define "attack"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships