Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 12:58 PM
SF

286 posts, read 324,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post
???
Well if you don't understand just leave it there, I was very clear anyway. I am not going to explain anything again.It seems you didn't read my reply fully,that's okay leave it there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 01:01 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
EITHER

1. Lower your pickiness/standards or whatever you want to call it.
Or change/swap your standards or whatever entomology/semantics you want to give it.

AND/OR

2. Increase your attractiveness to the opposite sex

Discuss.
I never had a problem with number 2 because I am already am attractive. I suppose I could have plastic surgery to be more attractive but that's about it and not doing that. Number 1 is why I failed online but also why many others fail. I refused to date dads and because I only date childless men I failed because many of the childless men didn't want me. However many of those childless men failed because the younger women didn't date them. So in other words if the childless men gave me a chance and had been less delusional I may have had more luck. Yes I would have had better luck if I dated dads but messing with my personal morals isn't something I can do. I stuck to the morals and found a man, many of the men who were delusional are still online.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:15 PM

814 posts, read 760,659 times
Quote:
EITHER

Or change/swap your standards or whatever entomology/semantics you want to give it.

AND/OR

Discuss.
I get a bunch of fat chicks that aggressively pursue me while average to kinda cute girl shoot for really good looking guys and pumped and dumped. I think there are more women than there are men that need to apply these rules.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:18 PM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
I never had a problem with number 2 because I am already am attractive. I suppose I could have plastic surgery to be more attractive but that's about it and not doing that. Number 1 is why I failed online but also why many others fail. I refused to date dads and because I only date childless men I failed because many of the childless men didn't want me. However many of those childless men failed because the younger women didn't date them. So in other words if the childless men gave me a chance and had been less delusional I may have had more luck. Yes I would have had better luck if I dated dads but messing with my personal morals isn't something I can do. I stuck to the morals and found a man, many of the men who were delusional are still online.

I could see the exact same thing for women as well. Many women were still the same after 3 years.

So it is obviously not gender related and my thread wasn't directed at a gender either.

So I don't know how tying it to men has anything to do with this.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:23 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,897,557 times
Quote:
I could see the exact same thing for women as well. Many women were still the same after 3 years.

So it is obviously not gender related and my thread wasn't directed at a gender either.

So I don't know how tying it to men has anything to do with this.
Because I am a woman and speaking as someone who dated men. I'm sure women are delusional too and on for years but it's not me.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:28 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
EITHER

AND/OR

Discuss.
OR: grow up and realize that beauty's only skin deep and there's a lot more to people than what they look like. Your standards should be as much about personality as looks. Call it a holistic approach. It's kinda hard to separate one from the other, y'know. Once you start finding some cool personalities, you can be a little flexible on looks, if need be. It really expands your options.

But...whatever, man.

Old 08-06-2014, 01:32 PM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post
OR: grow up and realize that beauty's only skin deep and there's a lot more to people than what they look like. Your standards should be as much about personality as looks. Call it a holistic approach. It's kinda hard to separate one from the other, y'know. Once you start finding some cool personalities, you can be a little flexible on looks, if need be. It really expands your options.

But...whatever, man.
I never meant attractiveness as physicality only

Old 08-06-2014, 01:37 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,866,029 times
Quote:
I never meant attractiveness as physicality only
Thanks for explaining. Another option you didn't mention is to expand your potential dating pool. Get out more. Figure out where the women are, and go there. And don't hold back, be friendly. There's more to it than just a couple of rules.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:10 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,893,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF View Post

Firstly , you have not defined attractiveness properly, I mean in what aspect?

Is it having only attractive personality or only attractive looks or overall attractiveness which includes both looks and personality?, so what is it according to you.

Anyway,

I agree with this to some extent, of course attractiveness is important, you should have attractive/ good looks and also you must have a good personality which makes you even more attractive overall, but there are two points to remember here.

1. In my view the term "attractiveness" is a subjective term, let's say for example one woman may not find you attractive as per the way she perceives you overall, on the other hand some other woman will find you very attractive overall as per her perception. Hence attractiveness here is subjective and depends and will be different for different women and so will keep changing this way.
The problem I have with this idea of making yourself more "attractive" from my perspective as a woman, is that it doesn't necessarily lead to better results.

I can easily think of 3 things I could do in the next 5 minutes that would make me more "attractive" to more men. But instead of making that list, I'll share the experience from a recent birthday.

Last year, like every year, I went on a mission to find my birthday outfit. I typically look for a cute new dress. I ended up finding one that was not only a bargain ($15 woohoo!) it was a bit out of my box in terms of style. I typically wear bright colors, but stick to fairly conservative shapes. This dress was a like the opposite of a dress I would normally wear, as it was definitely a going out dress and not a multiple occasion type of dress. So it had all sorts of "sexier" details! There was a mid back cutout and accentuated my assets. So it was more on display than usual. I liked the color. I thought it looked cute on so I went with it.

And it was so hilarious how differently people were reacting to me! My female friends gave it a thumbs up. My male friends were extra complimentary. But walking down the street was amusing, I got so many extra compliments from the men passing by. And extra attention at the night club.

It was like 3x more than usual. But the deal was, it wasn't like it was "better" attention. None of those people were ones I would actually date. Those people were just reacting to cleavage.

So it really all goes back to goals. When I decide to have more cleavage, I would obviously get more attention, but that doesn't mean it leads to better results. Unless the metric is get more dates.

But I'd rather focus on meeting someone who things I am cute, no matter how much or how little cleavage I am showing, because they like to be around me.

Old 08-06-2014, 02:14 PM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbiePoster View Post

But...whatever, man.

Re: the bolded, isn't that the problem with online dating, you're only getting the 2D version of the person. I've never done OLD, so I've only encountered men where I've gotten an impression of all components of them at the same time, appearance, mannerisms, posture, facial expressions, tone, manner of speaking, vocabulary, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships