Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2014, 03:43 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
As you all heard heard phrases like "why do I keep getting hurt?" or "why are all men dogs?" I'm gonna explain this to you. It's not that all men are dogs and it's not exactly because you're going for that type of man either. It's usually because you're dating up. You reject 90% of the men that hit on you and you pick the best looking ones. You want the highest quality man you can get, which is understandable. Only problem is that guy you picked is out of your league and doesn't want anything serious with you. A guy will usually sleep with a girl who's not up to par with him, even one that he's not really attracted to. So while that man didn't want you, there's another girl he probably will want. It doesn't matter what matter what you look like. Have you heard of a guy who sleeps with a fat chick, but doesn't wanna commit to her. The same thing when these 5s and 6s shoot for the guy that all the girls like. If she has a nice body and she's not ugly, she's actually kinda cute, he'll talk to her, sleep with her, but usually won't commit to her. Stop dating up, that'll usually solve your problem.
Huh, interesting. So you find this behavior perfectly acceptable and excusable, as if it's HER problem and not his?

I can't agree there.
Anyone that treats others the way you describe here IS a dog...or more accurately, a juvenile a-hole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM

70 posts, read 155,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meaning View Post
I met my husband on POF. And yes I used online dating to meet people, AND specifically for a serious relationship.

Result:
I'm married.
You used it the right way, to meet people...

what I made the comment for, was that he said, that people use online dating for a relationship....that's why I said a few steps are missing.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:45 PM

4,463 posts, read 6,232,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I agree with this.

If that is what the OP is saying, I don't agree with him. I've met plenty of attractive men who were very nice, and plenty of ugly men who were total d-bags.
This is because it has become apparent to them that being nice is not getting them the same results as the good looking guys that are nice, becasue well they are not good looking. Its easier to be a dbag than to be kind and when being kind yields no results what is the point? They already know they are not getting laid so why would they pander and play the chump?

The smart ugly guys would just go after ugly girls and do the best they could to make it work. Then they would not have to worry about being dbags becasue they would not have to put themselves in social situations that would bring out their dbagness.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:57 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,898,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Please. My intelligent, kind and traffic-stopping (no joke - she caused a near-traffic jam in NYC when we were teenagers once) beautiful friend married way below her league and has had nothing but crap from her classless, jobless, lying, thieving, homely husband. And I've seen it happen to other women, so this isn't an unusual case.

Try again, sucka.
The worst boyfriends I ever had were ALL lower than my league. The men at my league were nice to me.

Old 08-06-2014, 03:59 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,281,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycich View Post
Thank you.

I'd like to add that both parties are shallow, the women going for looks and the men that don't want to commit to them.
Having that poster's agreement doesn't lend your statement any credibility.

And I'm not trying to make them feel better. I'm trying to make them--and you--realize that maybe they shouldn't be shallow and go for looks, because guys like that aren't "dating up."

But I see I'm wasting my breath because a certain subgroup of posters want to do nothing but crab about women on this board because they think they are "edgy" by doing so.

So never mind. I'm over this.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:16 PM

814 posts, read 760,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena Sattar View Post
That's my problem. I am attracted to hot guys, but so far they've all treated me poorly and I have downsized and I'm having the same problem with them. Can you please tell me that there are still gentlemen in this world that treat women properly? I haven't found one yet.
There are plenty of gentlemen, the problem is you might not have eyes for them. Another thing, lets say you found one you found attractive enough. His niceness might not trigger your attraction.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Bitter much?
Not really

Old 08-06-2014, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJenkins602 View Post
Are you in my "growth group"?

But yeah, leagues and looks. The longer I live, the less I believe in them.

Look I wish I could date a super hot girl, but that's not realistic.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiechase84 View Post
Now you are talking about online dating? You didn't say that in your OP.....I don't know anyone who uses online dating, my friends meet men in real life, in person. And what type of relationship are you talking about? At least our philosophy when it comes to dating is that dating is for fun, and if you happen to meet someone who has long term potential, then we may take it there or not. If someone is asking for a relationship from online dating, I'd say they are asking a lot out of it. They should be doing it strictly to meet people, not specifically for a serious relationship. Sounds like some are skipping a step or two.

Your theory may hold merit for a sliver of the population, but not for the majority of it.
I'm talking about dating in general. Online dating was just an example I used.

Old 08-06-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
Well which is it? Women get hurt because they aim to high or because they aim too low? Pick a horse, buddy.
That's a topic for another thread 'buddy'. I said usually do you know what usually means? One issue at a time 'buddy' lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships