Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 03:37 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,236,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
I still use that line.

At her family reunion before we were even talking about marriage her aunt introduced me as her fiancé. My reaction was "Im her what?" Later that summer we decided it was a good idea. We both figured it was going to happen, someday.

I am a simple creature.

Mr. CSD's Aunt Dolly thought we were already married several years before we were actually married which is the ONLY reason we were able to sleep in the same bed in the same bedroom when we visited...LOL

Otherwise he would have been on the couch and I would have been in the bedroom, Aunt Dolly was in her early 80's at that time and did not believe in things such as that.

I've got a honeymoon story that is hysterical as well and it is all on me but one of the funniest moments during our years together and there have been quite a few that are story worthy.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:38 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,240,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBeagleLady View Post
Smart man! There was no real proposal for us. I had gone out of town for the weekend and we really missed each other. When I got home, we looked at each other and said "we should just go ahead and get married." "Yeah, we should." LOL
Lol, well, that not's dripping with traditional romance, but when you think about it, that you both felt it so strongly and just wanted to go forward with it, it's very romantic.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:41 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.... he must score an INTJ... as I do... we can be very spock-like in our observations at times.

LOL....
I'm not sure, but I should make him take that test! LOL

I can't imagine being with someone who lacked a sense of humor. I couldn't handle it.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Mr. CSD's Aunt Dolly thought we were already married several years before we were actually married which is the ONLY reason we were able to sleep in the same bed in the same bedroom when we visited...LOL

Otherwise he would have been on the couch and I would have been in the bedroom, Aunt Dolly was in her early 80's at that time and did not believe in things such as that.

I've got a honeymoon story that is hysterical as well and it is all on me but one of the funniest moments during our years together and there have been quite a few that are story worthy.
LOL! It sounds like you guys have a great relationship. I think it's so important to be with someone you can have fun and laugh with.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:
We get lots of mileage out of that one!

Some time afterward, I made a comment about not being very pretty or beautiful (not being down on myself...just an observation about not having model-type looks). He replied with "you're aesthetically pleasing." Bwahahahaha
Lol. He apparently doesn't believe in overkill.

I know you're not fishing, Beagle, but I think you're very pretty. And, as I've said before, you have very striking eyes.

Quote:

Yes? Don't tease, lol.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:43 PM

52,258 posts, read 52,668,250 times
Quote:

I can't imagine being with someone who lacked a sense of humor. I couldn't handle it.
I'm a clown and spock like....

Weird dichotomy...

Plus... how often do you get to use the word "dichotomy".....

Old 10-12-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol, well, that not's dripping with traditional romance, but when you think about it, that you both felt it so strongly and just wanted to go forward with it, it's very romantic.
We just celebrated three years...living in a tiny house with multiple dogs and that darn bird...and nobody has disappeared yet! That's love.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:44 PM

Quote:

Thank you! I think I would just off myself, lol.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,775,529 times
Quote:

My very traditional mother asked me if BL were going to live together. Nope, she wants her own place.

Old 10-12-2014, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I'm a clown and spock like....

Weird dichotomy...

Plus... how often do you get to use the word "dichotomy".....
Not enough, which is why you should use it every chance you get. IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships