Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2014, 04:50 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times

Advertisements

Here's my hug for the group........{{{{{{{{{{{

Okay it's one side of the hug I'll do the other side at the end of the circle.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:51 PM

6,143 posts, read 7,560,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
I haven't had a pet die in a long time...because we haven't had pets except for the furries we have now.

Our last ones were two guinea pigs named Oreo and Cookie.

Oreo was really sick, and I wound up having to go into the hosp to have my first child. We were hand-feeding him babyfood from a syringe (vet suggested it). I was in full blown labor and sent my husband home to feed the piggie. We were about 40 minutes from the hospital and he refused to go. I called the nurse, told her I had to leave and to unhook me...she asked what the problem was, I told her he wouldn't leave...she told him he had better do what he's told..you never fight with a woman in labor. LOL

So he left, fed the piggie and then came back...plenty of time.

I was in there for 5 days and the day before we left he had to tell me that my piggie died. I'm sure i was all the hormones and such, but I bawled...like full on blubbering.
Awwww....poor piggie.

When I was a kid we had two guinea pigs. They were brothers named Hershey and Pest. Hershey went first, and poor little Pest was lost without his brother. It was SO sad. They may be little things, but they have big pesonalities!

Old 10-12-2014, 04:53 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post
Not really. We've only been in the group hug for a couple minutes. lol

Me too. It's a heavy sob. lol
Yup. Mine needs some batteries. But it rides along the seat truck under my seat in my pickup. I do like the LED lights I have issued to me. No more wallop like the old D cells. I am guessing that is why the 5 - 0 like them so much.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:54 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,273,394 times
Isn't that a Dierks Bentley song?

5 1 5 0 somebody call the PoPo.

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
A group hug after we agreed to perv out?
Quote:
Is that a flashlight in your pocket?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nope. Just happy to see some of you.
Lol...

11,222 posts, read 16,437,330 times
Quote:
I haven't had a pet die in a long time...because we haven't had pets except for the furries we have now.

Oreo was really sick, and I wound up having to go into the hosp to have my first child. We were hand-feeding him babyfood from a syringe (vet suggested it). I was in full blown labor and sent my husband home to feed the piggie. We were about 40 minutes from the hospital and he refused to go. I called the nurse, told her I had to leave and to unhook me...she asked what the problem was, I told her he wouldn't leave...she told him he had better do what he's told..you never fight with a woman in labor. LOL

I was in there for 5 days and the day before we left he had to tell me that my piggie died. I'm sure i was all the hormones and such, but I bawled...like full on blubbering.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post

Very weird, Mags.

I did the same thing with our kitty. He had a little cubbyhole under one of the desks in our office where he had started to sleep in. I don't think he wanted to attempt the little steps we had for him up to the bed anymore. Anyway, the night before we took him to the vet, I could see something wasn't right, so I slept in there on the floor that night. I woke up in the middle of the night with him curled up against me. I'm so glad I did that.

And, with our dog, the vet had told us he was getting better and that we could pick him up the next day. So, the next day, I come home from school, all happy and excited to see our dog, to see my mom laying on the couch, curtains all drawn (against the summer heat). That was unlike her. I asked where our dog was. She didn't answer right away, just looking at me. Then she told me that he didn't make it. I just went straight to my room, shut the door, and laid on the bed and cried. It was just such an unexpected shock. My mom came in and tried to comfort me, all the while she was crying herself.

Another weird thing about putting them down, you have to settle up the financials ahead of time, which is definitely preferable. But it was so weird, they hand you this bill, and you hand over your credit card, "Here you go, I'm paying you to off my pet." I know they're doing a good thing, but it just feels bizarre.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:55 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,800,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Isn't that a Dierks Bentley song?

5 1 5 0 somebody call the PoPo.
It is.

the Po lice have been called 5 0 for the longest time.

Old 10-12-2014, 04:57 PM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Some of these stories are quite sad.... it's funny we're all sitting around and talking about our lost animals and how much they meant to us...... there' a whole forum dedicated to it...

I guess we made our own forum temporarily, at least....

Old 10-12-2014, 05:00 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:

I love the sounds they make.

Quote:
Oh okay. I was about to write a strongly worded letter to Duracell regarding the shape of their new flashlights. Going a little too far with the ergonomics of these things.
Lol! Speak for yourself!

Quote:
Not really. We've only been in the group hug for a couple minutes. lol

Me too. It's a heavy sob. lol
Lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Here's my hug for the group........{{{{{{{{{{{

Okay it's one side of the hug I'll do the other side at the end of the circle.
I was going to say, I foresee a lot of mishaps with this group hug, in perve mode. Lol...

Old 10-12-2014, 05:01 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,080,437 times
I fully expect these furries to live a long time. Hopefully there will be no sad pet stories coming out of my house for quite a while.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships