Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2015, 09:26 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,078,108 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Maybe your constant exposure builds up your immune system.
Maybe.

Poor Chow though...4 days of feeling like crap is no fun at all!

Old 02-10-2015, 09:39 PM

52,289 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sixy* View Post
Maybe.

Poor Chow though...4 days of feeling like crap is no fun at all!

LOL.. well...it was mostly a head cold... probably not the full blown flu.....I probably could have gone to work today, but I was just being extra careful... sometimes you go to work with a stuffy nose and coughing and people get a little pissy with you.... LOL....

Mrs. Chow was a good nurse....

Old 02-10-2015, 09:41 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Man flu is real, men lack female hormones to get rid of colds and illnesses.
Man flu ISN'T a myth as men get sick because they don't have oestrogen | Daily Mail Online

.......Now I'm wondering why I rarely get sick. lol I thought it was because I try not to take medicine, and just let myself fight it off.

Quote:
Howdy folks! Long time no chat.

I've been drowning with work and other crappola.

How has everyone been?

Hey, Sixy!

Juno says hi!

Old 02-10-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
LOL.. well...it was mostly a head cold... probably not the full blown flu.....I probably could have gone to work today, but I was just being extra careful... sometimes you go to work with a stuffy nose and coughing and people get a little pissy with you.... LOL....

Mrs. Chow was a good nurse....
LOL...yeah. I hear ya!

I do have to admit...I wouldn't mind feeling a little under the weather if it was just enough to keep me in bed for a day. I've just finished my mid-year report and have had all my observations done, so this week would be splendid for a sick day. Maybe I should shake more hands in the daytime...lol

Old 02-10-2015, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnatomicflux View Post

Hey, Sixy!

Juno says hi!
Hey Mags! And Juno!!

How cute is that pic! Are you getting slammed up there with snow?

Old 02-10-2015, 10:13 PM

11,222 posts, read 16,435,276 times
Quote:
Hey Mags! And Juno!!

How cute is that pic! Are you getting slammed up there with snow?

lol! Yeah. That sucker is getting framed. She LOVED the deep snow!

Nah, not really. That was the first decent snow fall we've had this season. It was between 13-15 inches. Everything else has been in the 3-5 inch area. I think it's been too cold for the fluffy stuff that accumulates. More often than not it's been really tiny, thin flakes with next to no moisture in them, so they just blow away/around.

How's winter been for you? You're in NC, if I remember right? Fairly mild?

Old 02-11-2015, 04:00 PM

I'm not really doing a low carb diet per se, but I try and limit all the "bad" carbs such as sugar, all the sweeter veggies, rice, etc etc.

But I'll once in a while just have a slice of French bread with just some butter, and damn, you forget how good just a slice of bread and butter can be sometimes.....

Old 02-11-2015, 04:40 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,004,355 times
So, I'm at the only coffee shop in town, getting a tea and talking to one of my friends who works there. Since this is the only actual coffee shop in town, it gets a lot of business. Not that other places doesn't have coffee such as gas stations, but this is the only place that does just coffee and pastries.

So, I'm drinking my tea and talking, when this petite woman walks in the door. I don't think much of her, but I keep quiet and let her order. She orders 5 large drinks and a dozen donuts, and it's obvious she's having a rough time with all the stuff, so I offer her some help, which she refused and managed her way out the door slowly.

When the door shut, the woman cashier looked at me and said "Yeah, I bet you were just offering her some help." So, I drank my tea and said "Being polite to people still includes women I hear." And she shut up.

I can't even be nice to people without someone talking ****.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:49 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,795,818 times
It isn't an isolated thing. It is the inability of people to differentiate between being polite and flirting.

Old 02-11-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
So, I'm at the only coffee shop in town, getting a tea and talking to one of my friends who works there. Since this is the only actual coffee shop in town, it gets a lot of business. Not that other places doesn't have coffee such as gas stations, but this is the only place that does just coffee and pastries.

So, I'm drinking my tea and talking, when this petite woman walks in the door. I don't think much of her, but I keep quiet and let her order. She orders 5 large drinks and a dozen donuts, and it's obvious she's having a rough time with all the stuff, so I offer her some help, which she refused and managed her way out the door slowly.

When the door shut, the woman cashier looked at me and said "Yeah, I bet you were just offering her some help." So, I drank my tea and said "Being polite to people still includes women I hear." And she shut up.

I can't even be nice to people without someone talking ****.
That woman cashier should have just keep her mouth shut.........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships