Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 06:23 PM

783 posts, read 849,786 times

Advertisements

You are a rare gem. If he is smart he will hang onto you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
Read the first few replies on that thread. I don't get why you Americans are sooooooo afraid of the L word. No, the other L word. LOL.

I mean, the OP is lucky the guy knew he loves her within a week!! So what? What REALLY is sooo earth shattering about that?! And the fact that he offers to help her financially, double wow. Actually for me, the OP hit a jackpot on this dude.

I just don't get why it's ALWAYS the case of, you never know what you got til it's gone.

You people need to wake up. ESPECIALLY the OP, you got lucky with his guy and you're worried. WHHHHHHHHAT? the F is wrong with you ??

Life is short OP, you got lucky with this guy, enjoy it, while you can, SERIOUSLY!!

WOW.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:32 PM

5,133 posts, read 4,485,479 times
Accept his offer and write up a contract as to how you are going to pay him back.

Since this 4K deficit is going to be a regular thing, you need to get a P/T job. You cannot continue to expect your friends and relatives to support you.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:32 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,449,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1234 View Post
Well. Nice dragging that up. This is a different guy. One that I didn't make all of the mistakes that I made with that one with. We met a few weeks after I ended things with that guy. Who by the way stalked me and I have an order of protection against.
Very well then, that made my previous post obsolete, LOOOOOOOOOL.

What a waste.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:35 PM

49,927 posts, read 59,944,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeantownGirl19 View Post
I'm sorry, but I can't believe you had the nerve to ask your friends to pay your tuition. Why don't you get a job?
I agree.

You're all worried about letting your BF "loan" you the $$, yet you have no problem taking $$ from who knows how many friends.

Get a job and earn the $$ or wait to continue school until you have saved up enough to pay for it.

Old 10-07-2014, 06:58 PM

37,617 posts, read 45,996,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well if both of you are responsible people, mixing money with relationship should be a non-issue. I am always amazed at those who claim that you should never mix money with relationship. Then when should "mixing" start? In your wedding night?
Are you kidding??? I would absolutely not get involved in any joint purchases or loans of any sort, if I was not married to the guy. NO WAY.

OP - get a job!

Last edited by ChessieMom; 10-07-2014 at 07:07 PM..

Old 10-07-2014, 07:04 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,739,789 times
Utterly unbelievable. The entitlement of some people. I'm with the 'get a damn job' folks here.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:13 PM

1,714 posts, read 1,760,343 times
Yeah, I agree with others. Get a job part time if you are short on cash. You're not the only person in the world that has to go to school and has little time, many people have this issue yet they still have to work. If you have time for a boyfriend, you have time for a part time job.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:17 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage 80 View Post
Accept his offer and write up a contract as to how you are going to pay him back.

Since this 4K deficit is going to be a regular thing, you need to get a P/T job. You cannot continue to expect your friends and relatives to support you.
^^^^ This

OR get a job.

Old 10-07-2014, 07:17 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,114,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklyn1234 View Post
I met my amazing boyfriend 3 and a half months ago, and we have a really great thing going on. I feel very differently about him than I have about anyone I have dated in the past, and he feels the same. I'm 27, but am a student still, finishing up a second degree. He works, doesn't make a ton of money, but has a good amount of money saved (~31k) and a lot of money invested. I've been living off a scholarship the last few months which had me tightly budgeted, but it was doable. Due to some bureaucratic issues I won't be receiving my next scholarship check until 8 weeks later than I expected. I'm broke. At the same time, I have a $4000 outstanding tuition bill that my scholarship does not cover that I have to find a way to pay. My boyfriend knows that I've been super stressed out trying to figure out what to do, and he keeps offering to help me financially, but I'm having a LOT of trouble accepting his help. I know that he's only offering because he cares, but I cant help but to feel guilty taking anything from him. On top of that he keeps paying for everything whenever we go out or do anything, and even though I tell him how grateful I am constantly I still feel guilty that I'm not contributing more.

Today I decided to put together one of those crowdfunding websites to see if I could raise any money toward my tuition, and I've managed to raise nearly $1,000 in a few hours- needless to say I have great friends. Problem is I don't know what to say to my boyfriend. I don't want him to feel bad that he offered to help me out dozens of times and I turned him down only to turn to friends/the general public. I just don't want money to somehow come between us, and I worry that it would if I took any from him.

What would you do in a situation like this?
I worked full time through University. I got a loan to pay for my education, which I have paid off.

That's what I would do.

But seeing you don't, for some unknown reason have a job, I would let him know I am thankful for his offer, that I got some other people suckered in to pay for part of my education and that I would only need $3k as a loan, of which, once I get a job will be paying back in monthly instalments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships