Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 10:16 AM

1,724 posts, read 1,603,142 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auraliea View Post
I don't go around looking at everyone like they are numbers.

I think that's pretty ridiculous honestly and really screws up the big picture of dating.
Why do we assume that one person's 10 is another's anyway?

I have a "type" that is different than most guys. My wife is a good facsimile of that type - pale skin, dark hair, dark eyes, bookish or slightly geeky looking but not too much. Think someone like the 90s MTV VJ Kennedy, or a similar look (but cuter). Most guys would consider my wife (or most other women of my type) attractive, but more "cute" or "exotic" looking, and many guys would probably not consider her as hot as Megan Fox or whoever.

However to me, and I mean this not just because she's my wife, my wife and women of her general type are usually the hottest in my mind.

So my '10' might be another man's '6' and vice versa.

It's a meaningless scale anyway.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,399,838 times
A girl is pretty or beautiful, who cares what number you want to give her. I think things like this are just silly. Its a way for men to keep score. And I'm a man, I've dated some remarkable women, but they weren't for me, or I wasn't for them.

I am the one I need to please, and the approval of others based off the women I get, is not the thing I am looking for.

Old 10-08-2014, 10:30 AM

783 posts, read 850,152 times
Men are more objective thinking then women are and a number merely expresses in one digit what would take a word. Not all men are the same and have different tastes. One man's 8 is another man's 6 or a 10. For example:

1. Coyote ugly
  2. Really ugly
  3. Ugly
  4. Homely
  5. Average
  6. Cute
  7. Pretty
  8. Beautiful
  9. Hot
  10. Gorgeous
Obviously much more goes into a woman then what she looks like but in this thread we are talking about physical appearances. Women can give men a score, we don't care if you objectify us

Men, are you offended if a woman objectifies you?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:33 AM

22,278 posts, read 21,740,695 times
Women are commodities.
Women are something for men to "get."
Women can be assigned a number to determine their value.

Can anyone defend this attitude as anything other than ignorant misogyny?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships