Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 06:58 AM

615 posts, read 725,807 times

Advertisements

Go to 4:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3BAhxxW3yc

"I found that [...] a 7 or 8 for a guy who is not as good looking, like us, is going to be more difficult than a 9 or a 10, because they don't need to validate themself with a good looking guy."

Agree or disagree?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:01 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,141,122 times
I think anybody who rates women on a numerical scale has serious, serious developmental issues.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:06 AM

8,923 posts, read 7,717,577 times
I don't go around looking at everyone like they are numbers.

I think that's pretty ridiculous honestly and really screws up the big picture of dating.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:07 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
I must be a 10 since I've never felt the need to validate myself based on another person.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:09 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,009,775 times
I am not living in some one else number scale or some one else opinions. I live my life.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:18 AM

11,790 posts, read 12,025,773 times
Seriously, knock this crap off. This is not a relationship topic, you have serious issues with self that would best be served in the psychology or mental health forum.

As I responded to you in another post, how is any of this helping you get a date? Your peers are dating, and you're searching youtube videos to try and make some ridiculous point that doesn't matter and no one cares about but you. Get off the internet and go outside for heaven's sake!

Old 10-08-2014, 07:21 AM

5,121 posts, read 6,801,551 times
You know the funny thing about all this... people don't really go around thinking to themselves, "I'm an 8" or whatever. At least, none that I know of. Looking at myself, some guys don't give me the time of day/aren't attracted at all and other guys (I am thinking of a date I had this summer) figuratively drool over me. So how does one know if they are a 6 or 8 or whatever? Does anyone else here assign themselves a number to live by?

Anyway, where I think there might be a grain of truth to this (and I am only saying it's a grain). There are some people out there who are obsessed with looks--to the exclusion of everything else including, compatibility, interests, personality, love. And men and women both can be this way. I could see someone who is obsessed with their own looks being so insecure that they think, "I need a hot girlfriend/boyfriend to show how good looking I am." You see it in the mentally of people who are so shallow and self centered that they talk about "trading up" with relationships--like a person was nothing but mere property or an accessory. Those kinds of people are best avoided anyway.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:21 AM

35,095 posts, read 51,222,031 times
I disagree with anyone who puts labels on people whether it be a number scale or some sort of stupid league nonsense.

You need to seek therapy for the issues you have with yourself before you even think about women, dating or anything related to women or dating.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:30 AM

2,913 posts, read 2,442,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You know the funny thing about all this... people don't really go around thinking to themselves, "I'm an 8" or whatever. At least, none that I know of. Looking at myself, some guys don't give me the time of day/aren't attracted at all and other guys (I am thinking of a date I had this summer) figuratively drool over me. So how does one know if they are a 6 or 8 or whatever? Does anyone else here assign themselves a number to live by?

Anyway, where I think there might be a grain of truth to this (and I am only saying it's a grain). There are some people out there who are obsessed with looks--to the exclusion of everything else including, compatibility, interests, personality, love. And men and women both can be this way. I could see someone who is obsessed with their own looks being so insecure that they think, "I need a hot girlfriend/boyfriend to show how good looking I am." You see it in the mentally of people who are so shallow and self centered that they talk about "trading up" with relationships--like a person was nothing but mere property or an accessory. Those kinds of people are best avoided anyway.
I concur 100%. I've never viewed some woman as a number, I go by the whole package. I've always laughed at this to be honest, this has to be one of the most subjective things there is. Among my friends, we have such different tastes and this is only three people. As for myself, I don't worry about things like that. Some women will be attracted others not. The problem comes when people think everyone should be attracted to them. Those people are just setting themselves up to fail.

Old 10-08-2014, 07:34 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,914,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post

Agree or disagree?
It's time for you to evolve, DavidRudisha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships