Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 08:22 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I think anybody who rates women on a numerical scale has serious, serious developmental issues.
Me too...

Old 10-08-2014, 08:22 AM

295 posts, read 307,407 times
Talking about women in numbers is what guys from the pick-up community do. And those definitely have serious problems! Do they actually care about the woman as a human being, her personality? Seems it's only about the looks. This somehow reflects their distorted view of women, which seems to be the root of their own problems.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:23 AM

22,599 posts, read 47,698,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberty2011 View Post
Seriously, knock this crap off. This is not a relationship topic, you have serious issues with self that would best be served in the psychology or mental health forum.

As I responded to you in another post, how is any of this helping you get a date? Your peers are dating, and you're searching youtube videos to try and make some ridiculous point that doesn't matter and no one cares about but you. Get off the internet and go outside for heaven's sake!

:::wild applause:::

Old 10-08-2014, 08:31 AM

5,324 posts, read 6,103,926 times
I wouldn't say more difficult but I've seen entitlement and egos on plain women as much as pretty women

Old 10-08-2014, 08:35 AM

663 posts, read 778,468 times
I don't see how people here DONT have a rating system.

By definition if you have PREFERENCES, then by definition you have a rating scale.

Take 3 guys, you probably prefer guy A over B, and B over C.

There, by definition that is your rating system already.

A is probably a 7

Since you prefer A over B, then B must be lower than A, so probably a 5-6?

Since you prefer B over C, then C must be lower than B, so probably a 3-4?

I think many people are just unwilling to admit it.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:40 AM

3,184 posts, read 4,848,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
I think anybody who rates women on a numerical scale has serious, serious developmental issues.
Sounds like something a 4 would say...

Old 10-08-2014, 08:53 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

By definition if you have PREFERENCES, then by definition you have a rating scale.

A is probably a 7

Nope.

Preferences encompass a multitude of qualities, many of which in combination can be attractive depending on who's looking, but calling someone a 7 reduces a person to 1 subjective number. It's juvenile.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:54 AM

615 posts, read 726,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by techcrium View Post

A is probably a 7

Exactly. Talking in terms of a 0-10 scale is meant to be shorthand, to spare words. Just because women typically do not use the terminology does not mean that they don't quantify male physical attractiveness. Women talking amongst themselves pick apart a guy's height, facial structure, skin, etc., just like we pick apart a woman's boobs, face, etc.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:55 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,975,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
Exactly. Talking in terms of a 0-10 scale is meant to be shorthand, to spare words. Just because women typically do not use the terminology does not mean that they don't quantify male physical attractiveness. Women talking amongst themselves pick apart a guy's height, facial structure, skin, etc., just like we pick apart a woman's boobs, face, etc.
LOL @ selective reading.

Old 10-08-2014, 08:57 AM

11,800 posts, read 12,040,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidRudisha View Post
It's not "exactly". Nice of you to rejoin your thread when someone finally agrees with you.

Someone either interests you, or they don't. It has nothing to do with numbers on a scale, because how you perceive someone is not going to be the same as how the next person perceives them, so it's irrelevant.

None of this matters, regardless of what you tell yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships