Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2014, 12:51 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,420,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Triad View Post
My current girlfriend and I live together. Her becoming pregnant was not planned but she really wanted to keep the kid and I was going to support her either way. Whatever. She parties and I told her she would have to cut that out if she was going to become a mother. Most of her problem is that she's a little too skilled at shopping and swiping credit cards. We had talk after talk about how changes were going to be made once the baby got here. She made it clear that she understood she was going to have to mature, spend a lot less on herself ( to cut costs) and so forth. I noticed a change in her right away. Shopping for our child, getting everything prepared and just getting herself excited. She made a lot of drastic, positive changes over the course of her pregnancy.

Our kiddo was born back in July, healthy and with a pair of serious lungs. Being first time parents (never being around too many kids) was an adjustment. However, my girlfriend had started to become disinterested in our son. The first month he was new and exciting to her, but she expressed how much she hated getting up to feed him, change him, etc. Sometimes she wouldn't wake up (never asleep, but groaning into her pillow) to do the feedings, so I had to. Yes, he's my son too, I realize, but I have a full-time job and she doesn't. I wasn't against helping from time to time but unless I started a fight with her she refused to get up. "He can wait until MORNING." Well, no he can't because he's hungry now

While I'm at work I know she sleeps in. Not until 9 am or even 11 am, but until 12. She has it fairly easy since we have someone to clean our place (2x a week) but what else she does during the day I am unsure of. Well, until I receive our credit card statements. Then I know what she gets up to.

It's been a few months and now once I get home from work (around 6-7, depending) she has been wanting to go out to bars and clubs with her friends. We normally go to bars together on the weekends and I occasionally meet up for a drink with a friend after work but it's rare during the work week. When she goes out (which is 3x a week now) it's normally during the week and she comes home tipsy or drunk at about 2 am to 3 am and collapses in bed. She's an adult and of age and I can't really stop her but she runs up a high bar tab.
I have played with the possibility that she's depressed but she says she's happy. She seems happy as well, more so than I have ever seen. Our relationship is strained due to my frustration with her behavior. Lack of sex doesn't help, neither does stress at work or worrying about my kid's well-being all day. She's content, I'm not. I want her to budget, be a mother, develop normal sleeping habits and make me dinner every once in a while. I'm frustrated with her and don't know how to motivate her to make those changes.
Take your son and run would be my advice. Of course consult an attorney first and see what you can do to keep full custody and arrange for someone fit to care for him while you are at work. But she sounds like a Casey Anthony type to me, sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2014, 12:58 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,718,761 times
Contact the attorney first, before you leave.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:07 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
He is very young and will need lots of attention right now.

I think you should make an effort to find sitters, grandparents are good for a weekend sitting, then take her out and be young and childfree for the weekend.

I've been caring for my kids all week for the last few months. I get 4 days free a month right now, 4 days. Its hard, you want to do single things, but they come first. My best advice is to enjoy your free time, and to find more of it for her. If you feed her need to party with you enough, then she will be a mother the rest of the time.

By the way, I worked full time, sometimes 24 hrs or more straight with my second child, and I got my lazy ass out of bed to feed, change, and rock her. Deal with that aspect on your own.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:09 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,134 times
OP seems to have a lot of problems with women.

Old 10-26-2014, 01:48 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
OP seems to have a lot of problems with women.
There IS a theme running through his threads - they all involve "immature" women

Old 10-26-2014, 01:55 PM

52,203 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Truly a shame that our body development and brain doesn't align up properly......

Kids are always the victims of nonsense.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:03 PM

1,194 posts, read 1,399,134 times
OP, is your girlfriend a leggy blonde?

Old 10-26-2014, 02:10 PM

4,038 posts, read 4,861,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCollege View Post
OP, is your girlfriend a leggy blonde?
This may be a hit-and-run OP.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:10 PM

3,009 posts, read 3,641,578 times
If this is a real post and not a fake one I would take the child and run. I would talk to a lawyer and know your right and what you best options are.

BTW get drop cam so you have video of her neglecting the child and bring it to court .

Sorry about spelling I am no the cell phone and stupid auto correct.

Old 10-26-2014, 02:18 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krieger00 View Post
If this is a real post and not a fake one I would take the child and run. I would talk to a lawyer and know your right and what you best options are.

BTW get drop cam so you have video of her neglecting the child and bring it to court .

Sorry about spelling I am no the cell phone and stupid auto correct.
This girl is young, and quite likely going through post partum depression. He needs to help her, not leave her. They have a child together. Now, if nothing changes, if she makes no effort to get better, then leave. But the baby was just born in July, and postpartum can do weird things to a woman
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships