Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you date a man who's paid for sex in the past?
Yes 31 44.93%
No 38 55.07%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 10:59 AM

12,535 posts, read 15,223,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hivemind31 View Post
You're actually starting to embarrass yourself with some of your made up information.
Not really, no. I've written reference materials for both consumers and health professionals about STDs, materials that physicians go over with a fine-toothed comb before they're published. There is a crap ton of ignorance on this thread, but you can play make-believe all you want.

I just feel bad for any woman who gets with one of the men on this thread who natters on about how allegedly safe it can be to put his peen in a hooker. Men with this mindset tend to live in a delusion, especially because men often don't get symptoms of even the more obnoxious STDs like chlamydia, and it's the women who pay the price for it with everything from having to get cryotherapy for the bad strains of HPV to cervical cancer to infertility from long-standing, asymptomatic chlamydia.

All I can say is that if you mess with a hooker and you have not been vaccinated against the cancer-causing strains of HPV, any woman who gets with you runs a risk I would never in a million years want to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2014, 11:00 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:
You're actually starting to embarrass yourself with some of your made up information.

Speaking of glass houses...
Information isn't made up simply because you choose to disagree with it.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:05 AM

4,613 posts, read 4,802,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilac110 View Post
Not really, no. I've written reference materials for both consumers and health professionals about STDs, materials that physicians go over with a fine-toothed comb before they're published. There is a crap ton of ignorance on this thread, but you can play make-believe all you want.

I just feel bad for any woman who gets with one of the men on this thread who natters on about how allegedly safe it can be to put his peen in a hooker.
I looked, but I actually don't see any of your references about pimp profit margins, hookers sleeping with 10 men a day, 100% of hookers carrying an STD, or any one of many, many other assumptions you're making to fuel a personal belief of yours.

In fact, not only are many of the statistics you quote made up, but you're not even comprehending what other posters are saying based on this post above. As other posters have pointed out, you're arguing points that people aren't even making, because they're like the one or two points you have that's actually true. Someone can agree with your premise and still point out that many of the things you say are simply...incorrect.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
Information isn't made up simply because you choose to disagree with it.
Nor is it correct simply because someone wants to agree with it. You'll note I said "some" of the made up information. The points that aren't made up are the ones that nobody's even arguing.

Edit: Which is actually another assumption; that just because someone points out information that isn't factual, they must disagree with you.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:14 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,206,988 times
Quote:
Nor is it correct simply because someone wants to agree with it. You'll note I said "some" of the made up information. The points that aren't made up are the ones that nobody's even arguing.

Edit: Which is actually another assumption; that just because someone points out information that isn't factual, they must disagree with you.
So you agree with her?

I'm going to be totally honest - it doesn't matter to me if hookers are all disease ridden or not. It wouldn't matter to me if a guy had gone to a hooker who was a virgin and he was her first client. I don't see sex as something to buy and I don't want to be involved with anyone who sees sex that way.

And if so many men on here see no difference in going to a hooker or having a one night stand - would they be okay if they found out that their girlfriend or wife had been a hooker? I mean - if it's the same thing - the past is in the past - right?

Old 11-30-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
I looked
I doubt it.

Quote:
So you agree with her?

I'm going to be totally honest - it doesn't matter to me if hookers are all disease ridden or not. It wouldn't matter to me if a guy had gone to a hooker who was a virgin and he was her first client. I don't see sex as something to buy and I don't want to be involved with anyone who sees sex that way.

And if so many men on here see no difference in going to a hooker or having a one night stand - would they be okay if they found out that their girlfriend or wife had been a hooker? I mean - if it's the same thing - the past is in the past - right?
This oughta be good.

Old 11-30-2014, 11:32 AM

Quote:
So you agree with her?

But that's the thing. Your logic is just fine. People may not agree with it, but you're not trying to convince them that they are wrong for not agreeing with your mindset. If you're incompatible with someone who could potentially view sex as a transaction, then you're incompatible. I get that.

There's a huge discrepancy between "I wouldn't be with a man who's been with a hooker because he's more likely to have an STD and I want to stay clean" vs. "All hookers and any man who's ever been with one are infected" and other made up numbers. I very much empathize with the first statement, and I believe the men in this thread would as well. The second is simply exaggerated to try and make a point.

As for my personal belief? Well, for what it's worth, it similar to one that's been repeated in thread by others: Once or twice would be fine by me, but currently frequenting them would be a no-no, for the aforementioned "more likely to be at risk" reasons. But again, "more likely to be at risk" is not the same as "is infected".

"I won't be with a man who's been with a hooker because they're more likely to be at risk" is a statement that people can empathize with and contains no information that isn't factual.

"I won't be with a man who's been with a hooker because all hookers are infected and therefore all men who've been with one are infected as well" is factually incorrect, and that's one of the things I was pointing out. I can do this without necessarily disagreeing with the underlying sentiment. But some things are simply wrong, and that statement contains one of those things.

Quote:
I doubt it.
You would.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:04 PM

Default When logic and proportion have fallen sloppy dead...

Quote:
"I won't be with a man who's been with a hooker because all hookers are infected and therefore all men who've been with one are infected as well" is factually incorrect, and that's one of the things I was pointing out. I can do this without necessarily disagreeing with the underlying sentiment. But some things are simply wrong, and that statement contains one of those things.

You would.
Yep. With you, I would, based on your posting history. And the problem with that is...? Not mine.

Simple statistics, kiddo. If most NON-prostitutes acquire HPV at some point in their lives, you really mean to say that there is ANY chance of an active hooker NOT currently having at least a few strains of HPV, not to mention other diseases? Again, go to any clinic. Tell the staff you've been with a hooker in the last few years. They'll tell you it's not a matter of IF you have HPV, but of WHAT KIND. Let's hope it's not strains 16 or 18.

As I mentioned repeatedly on this thread, there are many strains, and they clear the body in several years. One night with a hooker two years ago is still with you. Maybe it's a benign strain, but maybe it's not. Regardless, it's there, and given what the bad strains do to women, it really does fall on a man to be honest with a woman if she asks him if he's been with a sex worker in the last few years so she can decide if he is worth the risk. YOU'RE not the ones who pay the price for it the way women do. If it was YOU who had to get up on a table and have a thing inserted into your peen and brought down to -320 degrees F to freeze YOUR tissue, my guess is you'd be singing a different tune. Hint: It is not only painful, it can make the muscular tissue in the general vicinity of the cervix cramp severely, including the uterus, intestines, and bowel.

I notice you didn't answer the question of whether you would be okay with finding out your wife or GF had once been a hooker.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Yep. With you, I would, based on your posting history. And the problem with that is...? Not mine.
And based on yours, I didn't expect any different of a response.

Quote:
Simple statistics, kiddo. If most NON-prostitutes acquire HPV at some point in their lives, you really mean to say that there is ANY chance of an active hooker NOT currently having at least a few strains of HPV, not to mention other diseases?
Absolutely, yes. Anything else is extrapolation on your part. You are simply wrong here. "More likely?" Yes. "Guaranteed?" Lilac is wrong.

Quote:
As I mentioned repeatedly on this thread, there are many strains, and they clear the body in several years. One night with a hooker two years ago is still with you. Maybe it's a benign strain, but maybe it's not. Regardless, it's there, and given what the bad strains do to women, it really does fall on a man to be honest with a woman if she asks him if he's been with a sex worker in the last few years so she can decide if he is worth the risk. YOU'RE not the ones who pay the price for it the way women do. If it was YOU who had to get up on a table and have a thing inserted into your peen and brought down to -320 degrees F to freeze YOUR tissue, my guess is you'd be singing a different tune. Hint: It is not only painful, it can make the muscular tissue in the general vicinity of the cervix cramp severely, including the uterus, intestines, and bowel.
Hey, look, a whole bunch of other things that nobody argued. Reading comprehension is important in environments like these.

Quote:
I notice you didn't answer the question of whether you would be okay with finding out your wife or GF had once been a hooker.
It wasn't addressed to me. (edit: it was addressed to men with a certain viewpoint...something that you keep assuming certain posters have) If dewdrop wants, I'm more than welcome to answer her. But hey, there's that reading comprehension again.

Old 11-30-2014, 12:18 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,858,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
Agreed. This is the famous chris rock skit. People poke fun at these sugardaddy websites but in reality we all at some point have paid for sex whether its buying flowers, taking a women on vacation, going out to dinner, the movies, a concert, etc.

It may not be quite as outright and transactional as here's a $500 week allowance to be my gf or here's a coach bag to sleep with me but in some fashion all guys pay for sex.
Yep. I've always suspected men think this way. Even though I'm newly back into the dating scene after many years, clearly I was right.

And that suspicion makes me want to pay my own way when I go out on dates now. Even if it's just for a cup of coffee. After all, who knows what the guy is expecting for having bought me a $1.99 cup o' java? Nope, best just to pay my own way, and then we're square. That way, I don't "owe" him nothin.'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships