Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 08:56 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
Its unusual today to find a Roman Catholic so devoted to their church. Maybe you should become a monk or a priest?
Well, even priests......................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr78512 View Post
In a marriage you still have a financial and physically obligation to one another.
I don't think you understand the question unless you are saying you wife would be obligated to put out. If so good luck with that.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:57 AM

49,927 posts, read 59,955,675 times
Quote:

I don't do drugs, and virginity is something that is important to me.
Well, that horse is out of the barn.

Now you have to reconcile your faith with your actual lack of virginity. Are you going to REQUIRE potential dates to be virgins?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:00 AM

78 posts, read 56,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmsn4Life View Post
Well, that horse is out of the barn.

Now you have to reconcile your faith with your actual lack of virginity. Are you going to REQUIRE potential dates to be virgins?
Well, I don't think potential dates are in my immediate future. I do not require anything if anyone, it'd be ideal if someone shared my beliefs and thus was willing to wait because I have no desire to do that again until the unlikely time when I get married.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:03 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,171,795 times
Quote:
Yes, this is unfortunate because in a marriage the spouses are supposed to have a degree of authority over each other. The fact that divorce is legal is depressing, it makes marriage too much of a financial and emotional risk. I am not talking about "love" because that is always a risk, I'm talking about marriage which is about way more than love and is more about procreation, stability, and tradition. I'm decently happy right now and wouldn't mind staying single. I hope my sister has kids because both my parents are only children...

Thanks and have a nice day
You can always move to a country where women are not allowed to divorce their husbands and you are allowed to kill them if they cheat on you. That way you can force someone to stay with you for the rest of their life regardless of how they feel about you.

My husband and I don't consider divorce an option - but we married because we love each other and want to spend the rest of our lives together. However, we also recognize that we have free will and we would never want the other to view our marriage as a jail sentence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Well, even priests......................

I don't think you understand the question unless you are saying you wife would be obligated to put out. If so good luck with that.
Well, that's a bit of a vulgar way to put it, and this is not the case anymore due but traditionally for hundreds of years both spouses had an obligation have...relations so that children can be had, the main reason I would want to get married is for the simple fact that if I don't have kids my family won't exist since I have no brothers, only a sister and my parents are both only children since my moms brother died childless and my dad had no siblings.

Quote:
Well, I don't think potential dates are in my immediate future. I do not require anything if anyone, it'd be ideal if someone shared my beliefs and thus was willing to wait because I have no desire to do that again until the unlikely time when I get married.
In order to get married, you have to get to know people, which usually means dating.

What city do you live in?

Old 12-09-2014, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdroplet76 View Post
You can always move to a country where women are not allowed to divorce their husbands and you are allowed to kill them if they cheat on you. That way you can force someone to stay with you for the rest of their life regardless of how they feel about you.

My husband and I don't consider divorce an option - but we married because we love each other and want to spend the rest of our lives together. However, we also recognize that we have free will and we would never want the other to view our marriage as a jail sentence.
Well, since Malta legalized divorce in 2011, there is only the Philippines and the Vatican. Neither of which are viable options. Islamic countries allow divorce as well, and regardless I'm not Islamic..

It isn't about a jail sentence, it is about having enough integrity to keep your word regardless of your feelings, feelings don't produce children or care for you when you're on your deathbed etc. feelings don't cook for you nor do they pay a mortgage.

I know that I was born in the wrong era, and there isn't anything I can do about it except lament the fact that I was born when I was and try to work hard and make myself happy.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
I know that I was born in the wrong era, and there isn't anything I can do about it except lament the fact that I was born when I was and try to work hard and make myself happy.
Have you seen this blog?

You really are not the only one out there.

marriage | Young and Catholic

Old 12-09-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
In order to get married, you have to get to know people, which usually means dating.

What city do you live in?
In Boston suburbs my whole life, moving to the Southwest soon.
However, I have no desire to date at this point nor to get married as the way that marriage exists now doesn't seem worth it in my eyes. It's not something I am going to do without a time machine. Again, this is more of a thinking out loud/lament then an advice question.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Have you seen this blog?

You really are not the only one out there.

marriage | Young and Catholic
That's cool and I know of that blog, however just because someone believes something in 2014 doesn't mean they will in 2034, and the law is on their side if they change their beliefs. This sounds like too much of a risk for me, sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships