Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2015, 01:36 PM

5,295 posts, read 5,239,528 times

Advertisements

Everyone that posts on City Data is telling the truth about everything, right? It is the internet after all, if its here it has to be the truth.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:37 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Every politician is pro welfare. It is just choosing candidates on which welfare they support the most (defense industry, food stamps, agriculture, etc).
*cough*banks*cough*cough*

Old 01-23-2015, 01:38 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
*cough*banks*cough*cough*

You have a bad cough there, Julia, I really highly recommend Bailout brand Cough Drops. They work wonders for the bottom line... I mean, your cough.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:39 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montanaguy04 View Post
When it comes to dating whether a woman is on public assistance or not isn't even on my radar of things to look for or to look out for. I've dated a girl that was on foodstamps before and she would never ask me for money, ever. Not for a loan, not to help keep her cell phone on, nothing. We did a lot of my place or her place dates because I didn't want to make her feel bad by taking her out to eat all the time because I knew she couldn't afford to take turns paying for it and I knew she would feel bad if I always paid for it. Whenever I took her out she was always grateful and showed me appreciation for it. She was debt free and going through a tough spot during her life but making do. The fact she was on foodstamps was the furthest thing on my mind. I would have rather have dated her then a woman that made $75k+/year but felt entitled to having me pay for all the dates just because she has a vagina.

Now lets say I'm dating a fictious woman like the OP. She has her own house, car(s), decent job, never asks me for money, appreciates me as a man, we have great chemistry and physical attraction. Then I find out somehow she is on foodstamps. It would have absolutely no effect on my feelings for her.

It is a different story if a woman is on public assistance and views me as a subsidy to her public assistance, fook that.
Soo... where do you stand on "woman who has 2 houses, 2 cars, pays her own bills from work plus public assistance (aka taxpayer-funded food stamps and Medicaid that she refers to as "child support") and wants a man to be daddy to her 2 young kids with uninvolved daddies, plus take out the trash and mow her lawn?" Oh... who is in her mid thirties and doesn't want a man who is much younger, or one that's older? Must be the rugged, outdoorsy, car-fixing, cowboy type who is hawt.

Just testing the waters here for a love connection.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Lol x infinity.

I bet most of the posters complaining about the OP on welfare, also voted for the corrupt politicians that setup the system.

Keep on rocking in the free world.
Do we have any politicians that aren't corrupt? (that was a rhetorical question)

I'm not anti-welfare, if people really need the help, I want it there for them.

But... the OP (as she presents herself in here) doesn't need it.

Which is the part that makes one go:

Old 01-23-2015, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
You have a bad cough there, Julia, I really highly recommend Bailout brand Cough Drops. They work wonders for the bottom line... I mean, your cough.
LOL.

Have you ever noticed that whatever faction of our society that is benefitting from any bailout is all in favor of it?

But, if they don't benefit? It's a bad idea.

We humans are amusing.

Anyway... back on topic and all.

Old 01-23-2015, 01:54 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,894,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
LOL.

Have you ever noticed that whatever faction of our society that is benefitting from any bailout is all in favor of it?

But, if they don't benefit? It's a bad idea.

We humans are amusing.

Anyway... back on topic and all.

Ugh the bank bailouts, I hated that. I think most politicians are for themselves, doesn't matter the party. Welfare is needed but was never intended for people like the OP or my former best friend. It was intended originally for people like widowed parents (mostly widow moms) with kids while they got their life together. The fact that someone like the OP may receive it (assuming her story is true)bothers me tremendously. She doesn't need it and in theory could be taking it from someone who does. I've known many who truly needed assistance but for one reason or another never could while people like the OP get it when they don't need it.

Old 01-26-2015, 11:53 AM

1,212 posts, read 4,912,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I fall within the income limits. And I collect them because I do qualify. I look at it as a form of child support to offset the cost of the kids that their fathers are not paying.
It is NOT child support... it is PUBLIC ASSISTANCE. Stop being delusional. Stop pretending that you are doing so well financially. You are not! If you were, you income would not fall in the income level for the number of children you have. Either you are doing well and therefore you don't qualify or you are doing bad enough that the state has to step in and help you. YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS.

and by the way... I made get flamed for this.... but DAMN!! You are the stereotypical welfare queen (well dressed woman with several children by absentee father, and driving a cadillac or other luxury car with a fine home, and yet collecting welfare) that politicians warn conservative voters... except the image that is imagine is either Black woman (like mysef) or a some other non white woman...... Not young, fit, attractive blond hair and blue eyes.

I find this comical, ironic and sad.

Old 01-31-2015, 08:27 AM

27 posts, read 21,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.

Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
Wow, ummmm... I would expect you to be a little less judgmental and a little more understanding being a single parent yourself. If you don't want to date single fathers you don't have to. It's a choice just like everything else in life.

I'm a single mother who has been separated for a while and is going through a divorce. I've spent some time evaluating my situation and I know that dating me would not be easy. I'm not saying that it would be terribly hard, but it would be different than dating a single woman without children. Single moms have a lot of responsibilities and very busy schedules. If you truly wanted to date a single father there would have to be some sort of compromising. Like I said before, it is "your" choice. I won't be adding to the list.

Old 02-02-2015, 06:18 AM

239 posts, read 596,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
Trust me, the reasons not to date single mothers are just as overwhelming, but I never let that get in the way of finding my true love.

I'll never understand why people limit themselves by having checklists when it comes to dating. Have an open mind, and you might find someone you never expected and be happier than you have ever been.
I disagree. If you don't have certain requirements, then fine. But everyone is different. What makes you happy, may not make the next person happy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships