Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 01:59 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,134,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowonLuck View Post
I have not yet talked to one single dad that was in as good of shape as I am financially. They may be out there, but I have not come across any yet.

Oooh, me , me , me!

I'm a single dad, not on welfare, pay child support, own my home, in the top-5% in household income in the US.

Why haven't we met?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:02 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,036,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
I agree!
Op , You need to be financially stable before you get into a serious relationship.
You are calling the kettle black when you are broke.
You need to focus on your children and providing for them not on dating.
Again, I am not broke. I have stated this several times, but I have more than a six month emergency fund, regular savings, retirement accounts, own a home with substantial equity, two cars, one recently bought with over a $20k downpayment.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:03 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Again, I am not broke. I have stated this several times, but I have more than a six month emergency fund, regular savings, retirement accounts, own a home with substantial equity, two cars, one recently bought with over a $20k downpayment.

Until you stop fleecing the taxpayers. Taking our money that you don't need. You will never be desirable to anyone halfway decent.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:06 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
I am not broke. I get assistance because I qualify for it.

I had two kids because that is the number I felt completed my family. Unfortunately my sons father decided he did not want to remain part of said family.

I have tried to collect child support. Just because I say I want it, does not mean it will magically appear.

First you qualify because the entire picture has not been presented to the assistance office.

You can collect child support and have many legal avenues to do so IF you pursue those avenues through the legal court systems.
You can have a court order to collect child support with wage garnishment and tax refunds can be held from him and sent to you.

IF you told the assistance office who the biological father of the children is they would be helping you go after child support because they prefer you get child support so they can help someone else who actually does need the assistance.

The children's father can also be court ordered to keep health insurance coverage for them at all times that can be taken directly from his payroll.

If I remember correctly you will also not receive any welfare benefits if you do not sign an agreement that you agree to legally pursue all avenues to collect child support via the court system, wage garnishments, etc.
It is either that or the welfare office pursues reimbursement from him, I don't remember which.

In essence without the welfare system paying for health care of and food stamps you are in no better position financially than any other single parent out there because you would be living paycheck to paycheck.

Also, have you told the welfare office about all that money you have in the bank or does it "belong to the kids" from birthday gifts from friends and family?

Old 12-24-2014, 02:06 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,611,062 times
Quote:
I am not broke. I get assistance because I qualify for it.
wow.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:08 PM

11,396 posts, read 24,456,213 times
Quote:
I will start with my list.

1. They are broke after paying child support, alimony and all the debt from their marriages.

2. They have their kids every weekend and only want to date on week nights.

3. The number of their kids plus my kids, equals way to many kids for any sane person to deal with on a daily basis. If I wanted to manage that many kids, I would gone into education as a career.

I get up at 5 am every morning for work. By the time I get home, do homework, feed the kids and pets, the only drink I want is a cup of coffee on my couch, not to meet in a bar.

Seriously, I have two kids. If I meet a man with 2-6 kids (4-6 kids extremely common for some unknown reason), how will we ever buy a house to support such a large family? The men are to broke to contribute to that kind of expense.

Feel free to add to the list.
A whole lot of people have blasted you on this, but it doesn't seem unreasonable. Who wants to date a man who has a bunch of children and baby mamas? It's the same old thing, except they're giving you **** for being on assistance.

You can't complain too LOUDLY, though. You have kids, and they are a huge liability in the dating world. Almost no man in his right mind would date a single mom, till the kids were almost grown, unless he already has kids of his own. That's why you're getting the guys you're getting.

Maybe find a man with only one child and a dead ex wife.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:09 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,251,824 times
Quote:
You cannot have all of this and be getting welfare assistance unless nothing legally belongs to you.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:09 PM

9,408 posts, read 13,741,555 times
Quote:
You are doing far better financially than probably 3/4 of the population in America. That's why it riles people up when you show off about your welfare handout. It makes a complete mockery of the whole welfare system and makes you out to have very low morals and ethics. Yet somehow you can't see it. Continue your prior habit of dating and getting knocked up by losers, it's more suited to your type of person.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:11 PM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellie View Post
A whole lot of people have blasted you on this, but it doesn't seem unreasonable. Who wants to date a man who has a bunch of children and baby mamas? I

She has two children with two different baby daddys. She shouldnt be blasting those guys either.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:11 PM

52,279 posts, read 52,700,922 times
The OP never fails to induce laughs, with just about every one of her threads. She's got a real set on her.... this list of hers could have been written by a man complaining about dating women with too many kids.

I'm an unmarried guy, why would I want to take on the load of a woman with 2 kids... I mean that's pretty much your argument.

By using your logic a man shouldn't date you at all.... if you think about it.

LOL, I don't know why I allow myself to get sucked into these "type" of threads.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships